The online racing simulator
Graphics Cards
(42 posts, started )
I have a GeForce 6200 - 256MB - I can run 2 screens off of it or 1 screen and 1 TV and it runs great with the same FPS all round!
Quote from spsamsp :I have a GeForce 6200 - 256MB - I can run 2 screens off of it or 1 screen and 1 TV and it runs great with the same FPS all round!

Set 4xAA+16AF and I bet it will be more slideshow
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Set 4xAA+16AF and I bet it will be more slideshow

I don't even know what the F888 that is lol

Anti-aliterating what and anti filterating??
Quote from Leifde :Found out I'd configured my new comp with two lots of RAM, giving my 2GB, I only need 1 So that gives me an extra £50 to spend on a graphics card.

I'm looking at XFX 7600GT XXX Edition, it comes slightly overclocked already and it's £130.

Leadtek GeForce 7600 GT Extreme 256MB GDDR3
- GeForce 7600 GT Core running at 590MHz
- 256MB GDDR3 Extreme Memory running at 1600MHz
- 12 Pixel Pipelines

Price: £121.95 (£143.29 Including VAT at 17.5%)
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/7600_Series.html
Quote from spsamsp :I don't even know what the F888 that is lol

Anti-aliterating what and anti filterating??

Unless you kidding then the AA+AF make games looking much better.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Unless you kidding then the AA+AF make games looking much better.

Of course i know that but what do they stand for??
AA = Anti-Aliasing
AF = Anisotropic Filtering
Quote from Forbin :AA = Anti-Aliasing
AF = Anisotropic (AH-NEES-OH-TRO-PIC) Filtering

Thanks for the unnecessary abbreviations!
lol, no, not abbreviations but a pronunciation guide, which it turns out is wrong. The word comes from isotropic, with the an- suffix of course meaning the opposite of. So it means "not isotropic". Isotropic means "identical in all directions".
Quote from Forbin :lol, no, not abbreviations but a pronunciation guide, which it turns out is wrong. The word comes from isotropic, with the an- suffix of course meaning the opposite of. So it means "not isotropic". Isotropic means "dentical in all directions".

Thanks for that!
Aliasing is an effect caused by rasterization (the way in which pixels are arranged in a grid) such that diagonal lines appear jagged. Anti-Aliasing smoothes out the jagged edges by making more of a gradient across the edge, such that the color from the background and foreground fade into each other slightly at the edge.

Anisotropic filtering sharpens textures, especially those viewed at a distance or at an angle, although exactly how it does this I haven't a clue.
Quote from Leifde :The XFX is the same specs but £14 cheaper.

Does it have the default cooler?If yes, then it really suck.Its like hairdryer.The price looks nice thought
Whatever you choose, please don't do ATI.

I've had more than enough problems with their drivers. Mysterious slowdowns, the Control Panel is shit and doesn't work 7 out of 10 times, etc.

NVIDIA has their drivers much more developed than ATI.
#40 - Jakg
well i have an injection of cash, so off to find a card!

EDIT - Arg! i want a card now, but i know i should wait until the 8's!
I personnaly like ATI more than Nvidia. HDR and AA at the same time! Try that with an Nvidia card...
Quote from wheel4hummer :I personnaly like ATI more than Nvidia. HDR and AA at the same time! Try that with an Nvidia card...

NVIDIA can do the same.It just depend on how the developers of the game take approach to the implementation of HDR.

Graphics Cards
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG