The online racing simulator
LFS S2 made it in "PC GAMER" (USA)
just wanted to update you guys.. Live For Speed S2 made it in the Sept 2007 PC GAMER here in the USA; on page 092. the release date was set at 2007 We are adding magazine image to our website by the time you read this.

http://www.hkracers.com

***Larger image LINK is now posted below the thumbnail. Sorry, takes a minute to upload. It was great to see it when I got home. Well, gotta go, got practice with the team tonight. Enjoy.
What does it say?

And the larger image option on your site doesn't work
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :What does it say?

And the larger image option on your site doesn't work

below the thumbnail. enjoy
..didn't we already go over this, i remember reading somewhere today that it forgot to mention that MRT and RAC are licensed cars
That's great news for Live for Speed. Good to see news about LFS being published!
Quote from PC Gamer : Final Verdict. Highs - savvy AI

lol
Quote from wheel4hummer :http://www.pcgamer.com/archives/2005/07/live_for_speed.html

That doesn't even seem to be talking about S2. He mentioned earning points to get the other cars and said there are only three tracks. Along with this: "highly adaptable AI drivers who exhibit an uncanny level of situational awareness as they battle tooth and nail for every position." Either my mind has escaped me at the moment, or that is a review of S1illepall
Its obviously S1 just look at the screenshot and all of the lows have been fixed in S2

"LOWS: No damage modeling; 12-car racing field limit; fictional cars and tracks."
Quote from VipeNess :just wanted to update you guys.. Live For Speed S2 made it in the Sept 2007 PC GAMER here in the USA; on page 092. the release date was set at 2007

sounds like a very positive preview
good publicity :cyclops:
At the bottom of the page:
Quote :Release date: 2007

It's definitely not a bad review by any means, but it is obviously an older version they're talking about, since they mention no damage and the configurable handbrake.

Nonetheless, 92% for an alpha stage 1 product can't be bad, let alone what they'd think of it now
Quote from sil3ntwar :
"LOWS: No damage modeling; 12-car racing field limit; fictional cars and tracks."

1. Nope we've got a placeholder anti-wrecking measure.

2. Well up to 20 but that's not big grids for sim racing.

3. We've got no real tracks.

Still LFS is the best online racing simulation IMO so I can't wait for the first 2 of those lows to be changed, very reserved about the third (unless it happens to be a 13 mile long RL German track ).
The link wheel4hummer posted is OLD S1 review! It's allready mentioned in this thread but people don't seem to read anything.
#17 - Jakg
they dont know that much about it so they make it up, thats one of the rewasons why i didnt renew my subscription
Quote from SlamDunk :Yeah. Very old, actually. From Seprember 2003 and the PC Gamer verdict has been on the LFS main site for years too

I am of course talking about this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=176742#post176742

HEY! But, good find there! It's good to see we are all on the same page when it comes to real car simulator games, sticking with LFS. I have a question, might sound stupid, but since we paid for beta, once the Final is released, do we have to buy it again, or are we straight?
No, you will only have to pay again for S3.
#21 - joen
Quote from VipeNess :I have a question, might sound stupid, but since we paid for beta, once the Final is released, do we have to buy it again, or are we straight?

Actually LFS is still in Alpha But no, your license gives you the right to all updates during the S2 stage, including the final.
Then ofcourse, work on S3 will start, and if you want to have that it will require an upgrade of your license, which will be charged.
Yet you will get S3 features, just not S3 content (Cars/Tracks/Bikes :P... )
Quote from joen :Actually LFS is still in Alpha But no, your license gives you the right to all updates during the S2 stage, including the final.
Then ofcourse, work on S3 will start, and if you want to have that it will require an upgrade of your license, which will be charged.

well either thou... cant wait for s2 to be final and s3 move into testing
Quote from ajp71 :1. Nope we've got a placeholder anti-wrecking measure.

2. Well up to 20 but that's not big grids for sim racing.

3. We've got no real tracks.

1. Vertex damage and suspension damage is damage modelling.

2. 20 is more than 12

3. I knew someone would be a smartass i was quite obviously referring to the cars.

lol i dont know if they just added this to their frontpage website, but they got that on there now. cool

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG