The online racing simulator
About JDMs
(12 posts, started )

Poll : Do you think more Japanese vehicles should be approved

Closes
No
Yes
About JDMs
Hello, many jdms have been removed from old modes. Among them are Hakosuka, GTR R31 and others my question is that I don't know why the mods were removed, but new German vehicles are constantly arriving these days. Why aren't they being removed too? Japanese cars are really high-quality vehicles, it really honors a person to see them on LFS. please consider this idea of mine when approving the modes.

Note: My purpose is to express this, I would like to state that I am not taking sides.
pretty sure mods don't get approved based on where the manufacturers are from...
-
(YukselYilmaz) DELETED by YukselYilmaz
I started dealing with LFS a year ago. I opened this account to buy an S3 account but this leaves me between buying and not buying. When I talk to my friends who have S3 accounts, they all complain about the same issue, so yes I agree with you.
#4 - Rubie
Quote from YukselYilmaz :Hello, many jdms have been removed from old modes. Among them are Hakosuka, GTR R31 and others my question is that I don't know why the mods were removed, but new German vehicles are constantly arriving these days. Why aren't they being removed too? Japanese cars are really high-quality vehicles, it really honors a person to see them on LFS. please consider this idea of mine when approving the modes.

Note: My purpose is to express this, I would like to state that I am not taking sides.

R31 was removed because I made it when retopo was allowed, scawen changed his mind and didn't allow retopo. Some have been removed because users deleted them or because their models are from another game.
#6 - BeNoM
Quote from MechWizard :I started dealing with LFS a year ago. I opened this account to buy an S3 account but this leaves me between buying and not buying. When I talk to my friends who have S3 accounts, they all complain about the same issue, so yes I agree with you.

The licensing terms used here are absurd, will keep on happening.
#7 - gu3st
Quote from BeNoM :The licensing terms used here are absurd, will keep on happening.

The licencing terms LFS uses keeps them in the clear legally. Most other games mods are both stealing models from other games (Forza, Gran Turismo) as well as using brands and other trademarks without permission.

This is especially important as LFS is hosting the mods themselves, rather than 3rd parties that usually use encrypted (at rest) hosting services like MEGA.
Quote from gu3st :The licencing terms LFS uses keeps them in the clear legally. Most other games mods are both stealing models from other games (Forza, Gran Turismo) as well as using brands and other trademarks without permission.

This is especially important as LFS is hosting the mods themselves, rather than 3rd parties that usually use encrypted (at rest) hosting services like MEGA.

And it's possible to leave the legal responsibilities to the modders?, like if a modder uses a resource without legal permission he is going to face the consequences without giving the developers legal issues.
#9 - gu3st
Quote from Average Drifter 69 :And it's possible to leave the legal responsibilities to the modders?, like if a modder uses a resource without legal permission he is going to face the consequences without giving the developers legal issues.

Not with the constraints that Scawen has placed on the modding system to ensure that working on LFS continues to be a sustainable business venture.
Quote from gu3st :Not with the constraints that Scawen has placed on the modding system to ensure that working on LFS continues to be a sustainable business venture.

There is no constraints he willingly put into effect himself.
It's simple.

ac - doesn't host the ability to put mods into the game (ie - can put whatever you want into it because developers aren't liable for any likeness)

lfs - hosts the ability for mods ( ie - is responsible for any likeness uploaded through their own system)
Quote from JayDeM :There is no constraints he willingly put into effect himself.
It's simple.

ac - doesn't host the ability to put mods into the game (ie - can put whatever you want into it because developers aren't liable for any likeness)

lfs - hosts the ability for mods ( ie - is responsible for any likeness uploaded through their own system)

Yes but the constraints ensure that LFS can pay the bills and continue working on the sim. Else you'd just have cracked copies using shared mods rather than upgrading to S3.

It's a specific business decision. Else we'd get no more LFS.
facepalm....

About JDMs
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG