The online racing simulator
More penalties!
(10 posts, started )
More penalties!
I want to see people punished! I'm tired of being taken out by people cutting across the yellow line out of the pits, crossing the line should be a drive-through.

People who get a stop-go or drive-through should have to complete the penalty within three laps, as in real racing. If they don't, they should get a "XXX did not finish"

People who overtake when "yellow flag" is displayed on screen should get a drive-through. There have been countless times where I've seen "yellow flag" and backed off, only to be passed by some idiot who then crashes into a parked car and bounces into me, ruining my race. I know the current yellow flag calculation is pretty bad, but it's better than nothing.
I think that the pit exit thing should be enforced BUT all penalties should be overridable (and for that matter given out manually as well by) server admins. And have a autokick system for 2 drive-thrus
+1 penalty for crossing the pit lane upon exit
+1 black flag for not completing a stop&go/drive-through within 3 laps

Not sure about autokick for repeated penalties, as they might not be your fault - someone could have hit you in the pitlane and made you speed up, for example. Maybe have autokick for repeated black flags? If someone's serious about racing in that server they'll do their penalties, or pit and restart...if they're not serious they'll go elsewhere...
#4 - ajp71
The yellow flag penalty will not work because just as in real racing there will be times when it is not safe but to do anything other than pass under a yellow due to speed differential, it's all down to discression so there's no way a computer could do it automatically.
one way or the other, my opinion is that the automated-race-surveilance has to be improved.

anything beyond that would be more or less difficult to accomplish

regards
In real racing there is never an excuse to overtake under yellow, deliberately or otherwise.

I've had two 'penalties' (read: black flag) in my real racing career, one was applied post race for coming in under weight when an accident resulted in the lead ballast falling off, no mallice there, but the other was for overtaking under yellow...

It started with me half a lap infront out on my own, I decided to ease of and cruise to the finish when the worst possible scenario happened, I lost concentration and spun.

Feverishly I rejoined only to be overtaken by second place just as I had got back up too a reasonable speed, I considered myself to be racing again and the yellow flag incident resolved - technically I had never passed a yellow flag and assumed once I was going again the yellow would have been retracted.

So I took the place back after the next corner, only to pass a flag station as I approached the corner after and saw the yellow... On the plus side I did get a free entry ticket to the race control box after the race (for a damn good talking too!).

Of course I argued I was just taking the place back in order that no-one would need to be penalised for overtaking under yellow as the other competitor had overtaken me, result: They disqualified the other driver too... (who needs friends in the paddock anyway!? lol).
yeah i think that is a good idea
#8 - ajp71
Quote from Becky Rose :In real racing there is never an excuse to overtake under yellow, deliberately or otherwise.

This is another area where karts differ from cars. In car racing due to the much greater speeds and slower stopping times it is permitted to pass under yellows when it is not safe to do anything else due to the speed differential being too great. This is down to the clerk of the course's discression but normally you shouldn't get penalised so long as you give the place back if racing for position, although normally if you approach a much slower car they are likely to be a backmarker, or in RL racing in a different class or could have seen what's happened before the yellows came out.
Quote from ajp71 :This is another area where karts differ from cars. In car racing due to the much greater speeds and slower stopping times it is permitted to pass under yellows when it is not safe to do anything else due to the speed differential being too great. This is down to the clerk of the course's discression but normally you shouldn't get penalised so long as you give the place back if racing for position, although normally if you approach a much slower car they are likely to be a backmarker, or in RL racing in a different class or could have seen what's happened before the yellows came out.

There would have to be an extremely large speed difference for you to not be able to slow when you see the yellow flag. The only time I can imagine a driver getting away with it would be if they had already initiated a pass and were alongside the other driver, in which case LFS would be able to work out whether or not to penalise. If the driver in front slowed for the flag and you pulled out and overtook, you would be penalised.
Quote from Becky Rose :In real racing there is never an excuse to overtake under yellow, deliberately or otherwise.

I agree. It amazes me how many people are afraid of getting caught passing under a yellow flag, either intentionally or unintentionally. I always hear excuses like LFS's system is not proper nor fair "sometimes". And that there should not be any penalties given automatically by calculation that a computer makes. OK, i agree that the yellow and blue flag system is not perfect and never said it was, but if you see a message in the center of your screen "YELLOW FLAG", you are supposed to back off the throttle and DO NOT PASS for position. Even if you think the flag has been wrong shown, just as in RL racing, it is still a yellow flag and you must obey it.

+1 for more penalties

More penalties!
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG