The online racing simulator
Wanna learn how to drift?
(22 posts, started )
me and the rest of Yashio Factory want to set up a weekly drift school held on every weekend. we are all very qualified to teach even the newest beginners how to drift. if your interested in learning how then send me a pm and we will talk more about it.
I would be VERY interested..This is by far the sickest driving game on the PC..not to mention it's online capabilities. Lemme know when the clinic is goin on..i'll PM you.
#3 - DeKo
you basically have to be S2 licensed, im assuming it uses that autocross layout, which demo users cant use.
So im guessing this isnt for demo racers? :sadbanana
well ya its directed towards S2.... maybe ill come on demo sometime i dunno. PM me your MSN names and well work something out.
Quote from sileighty :me and the rest of Yashio Factory want to set up a weekly drift school held on every weekend. we are all very qualified to teach even the newest beginners how to drift. if your interested in learning how then send me a pm and we will talk more about it.

Why?
I can set the RAC or FZ5 up for drifting and run a heap of AI that really get sideways if i want to watch & learn. Is drifting losing it's appeal so fast that Drift teams have to train newbies to keep member levels up?

(Having said that I mean no offence to the Drift community I recognise your rights and choice of racing, I meant the above as a vailid question)
ShannonN
ok well maybe im stupdi but it looks liek a direct insult to drifters. i know that theres lots of people out there that would love to learn how to drift but cant on their own. so i would like to help them. its as simple as that. and have fun learning from slippery ai sets that just turn and get sideways. that isnt even close to what drifting is man..... stick to racing....
Quote from sileighty :ok well maybe im stupdi but it looks liek a direct insult to drifters. i know that theres lots of people out there that would love to learn how to drift but cant on their own. so i would like to help them. its as simple as that. and have fun learning from slippery ai sets that just turn and get sideways. that isnt even close to what drifting is man..... stick to racing....

Oh dear, looks like you chose to continue the grip vs drift BS, I tried to make the post as neutral as I could without appearing to kiss your butt and I get a "ho hum I'm a dick" cause i watch AI slide comment and making that the obligatory "put down" cause i don't know what "drifting" really is?

Have fun, play teacher to boost the flagging numbers in your elitist sport, sir, for me I'll stick to grip driving as I'm not skilled enough, smart enough or know enough to be taught the correct way to have fun in LFS, It would appear
yeah i`m interessted in it. not unskilled in it but maybe you can teach me some more about drifting what i don`t know! why not trying it!
I think learning to drift well could improve your racing in so much as if the car starts to slide, you know exactly what to do to catch it.
I've never tried drifting but I'll give it a go.
sounds like a good idea mate. ive had the game nearly a week now and have mostly been practicing the drift element of the game. ive got to the point where i can get round 2 tracks now without cocking up but i still think i can get a lot more angle on my drifts.
loving the track you have made aswell, ive been on a few servers now watching some guys donuting around cars but i didnt want to try myself as i knew id end up nailing straight into the other car. this track will really help.
cheers
Quote from ShannonN :Why?
I can set the RAC or FZ5 up for drifting and run a heap of AI that really get sideways if i want to watch & learn. Is drifting losing it's appeal so fast that Drift teams have to train newbies to keep member levels up?

drifting is a lot more than just kicking a car sideways and especially a lot more than overpowering the rear tyres which is what the ais do

and theres a lot of people on the drift servers who just cant drift yet so its not about the member level of the drift community its about the level of the members
Quote from Shotglass :drifting is a lot more than just kicking a car sideways and especially a lot more than overpowering the rear tyres which is what the ais do

and theres a lot of people on the drift servers who just cant drift yet so its not about the member level of the drift community its about the level of the members

Ok I understand that drifting is induced controlled sliding and drift servers are setup for drifting only and it's best to have ppl who can drift on drift servers, same as it's best to have swimmers in a pool

you've made your point
please ignore shannon. anyone wanna learn how to drift? this is really directed to people who have no idea how its done and would like to learn.
Quote from sileighty :please ignore shannon. anyone wanna learn how to drift? this is really directed to people who have no idea how its done and would like to learn.

Not Nice to say on a public forum ignore someone just because they don't think drifting is the best thing since sliced bread sunshine
Shannon
Quote from ShannonN :Not Nice to say on a public forum ignore someone just because they don't think drifting is the best thing since sliced bread sunshine
Shannon

It's not nice to start off topic posting into a thread that obviously has nothing to offer you, move along and stop posting.
Attached images
stop-posting.gif
If people want to post on the forum here about drifting, please respect they are entitled to their own views and opinions. It's pointless posts descending into trading insults that are a waste of everyone's time. For some reason, drifting strongly polarises a lot of people into lovers and haters. No idea why but if you have nothing positive to contribute to the topic, then please don't deliberately antagonise other members or O/T their threads.
Thanks awfully
DFP drifting
I liked to come along, i just got a dfp and learning 720, hopfully some one can help me learn more
im not saying you cant post here shannon im just saying that if you come here posting things like this thread is stupid and anyone can teach themself drifting by watching AIs then.... ya... your wayyyy better off not saying anything at all.
hey, i've drifted with some of you guys a few times, it was fun! i'm not as good as you guys but i can still drift adequately. i want to drift with you guys some more so i can learn! see you
I used to be wicked with a wheel, but as my desk cannot accomodate my DFP and ACT labs pedals/shifter... I have to resort to my keyboard and mouse.

Do any of you use a KB and Mouse and have some tips?
Quote from ShannonN :Not Nice to say on a public forum ignore someone just because they don't think drifting is the best thing since sliced bread sunshine
Shannon

dude u knew that your posts were going to get people angry so why do it in the fist place..like you said there has been grip vs drift arguments before, so leave it in the past and dont try starting another one.

LFS is a motorsport/racing sim and drifting is very much a form of motorsport/racing

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG