The online racing simulator
Norton Antivirus warnings messing up races
Hi,

My problem is not with LFS itself, but with Norton Antivirus 2006... While racing it can happen that the LFS screen minimizes and flips back to the Windows screen to tell me there's an update for Norton Antivirus or a Virus/Worm detected. This is really pissing me off as this always seem to happen when I'm in a good race.

Any ideas?

-Dimitry
turn off auto update.
BitDefender does have this bloody stupid behaviour too. AVG doesn't interrupt me from driving but it's annoying if you're in first and crash into another car or in the wall.

Well I turned AutoUpdate off and it runs smoothly now.
If i remember correctly there is a way to turn off the notifications - Check the settings or google or something. Either that or get a better virus scanner *cough*nod32*cough*
Quote from bo-kristiansen :turn off auto update.

I did turn off auto-update, it just informs me that there's a new update and I should manual update it illepall
Had a similar problem with Bullguard minimizing LFS, usually after 10-15 laps. At first I thought it was something to do with nVidia graphics cards as it was happening to mate too. Figured out it was Bullguard News, switched it off and i've had no problems since.

I'm not familiar with Norton but does it have something similar?

Check the Task Manager when it next minimizes to see if theres any processes running that you don't recognise.
Quote from Dimitry Gerards :I did turn off auto-update, it just informs me that there's a new update and I should manual update it illepall

well.... what did u expect when u turn off AUTO update

I just check for updates once a week.

...manually.
Quote from bo-kristiansen :well.... what did u expect when u turn off AUTO update

I just check for updates once a week.

...manually.

I expect that when I turn off auto-update that Norton considers me smart and mature enough to be responsible enough to make sure I frequently update Norton on my own discretion The problem I have with auto-update turned on, is that it will automatically reboot my pc when it installed an update on the norton program!! And I don't want my pc to reboot unless I do so myself.
Get Rid Of It Woooo!

the only viruses its finding are the ones its spreading :S
It is not problem of auto update, things like Worm protection aslo sends LFS to tray(happened me once and Im still going M A D when I think about it). I havent found a soution, but disabling all alerts in Norton Protection Center worth a try. I cant test it ATM because of GFX card faliure, but I will do it when possible....

I have NA 2006 BTW....

And BTW, NoD32 is C R A P compared with Norton Antivirus, dont know where the myth about NoD superiority came from.....
Then just close norton! Or, make it update on system startup instead.
The only place where norton should be is the recycle bin. The real one under your table, not the one on your desktop
get kaspersky lol
Quote from jspec :get kaspersky lol

Nortons causes more probs with windows than it solves, its buggy and have a look at all the entries it puts in the registry both under symantec nd nortons etc. I use Pc cillan and find it's always been good and never had probs with AVG on clients systems
Norton Antivirus found a worm from your computer called Worms 4.
I use Avast but always disable it before racing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG