The online racing simulator
Hang on !!!
(56 posts, started )
Hang on !!!
Here, in pic enclosed taken from LFS Website, I see the FZ50 having a quad exhaust system, which looks cool and chav at the same time
In game, it has a pityfull dual exhausts, which look crap.
Wheres the quads?
Attached images
untitled.JPG
#2 - axus
That's a good point, that.
My first thought upon seeing the thread title: a bike thread? (HangOn was a motorcycle game very similar in concept to OutRun on the Sega Master System)

Getting back on topic, I think the current large, dual exhaust looks fine and more Porsche-like than the quad. Car models change. Deal with it.
Where's your cursor?
I agree, it looks better with quads.
#5 - ajp71
I think it looks far better with its current twin exhausts.
#6 - (SaM)
Quote from K.David :Where's your cursor?
I agree, it looks better with quads.

Cursors are never on screenshots, since they're not on the same video layer.

And I actually prefer duals.. since quads are too much for the car I say.
Quote from Forbin :My first thought upon seeing the thread title: a bike thread? (HangOn was a motorcycle game very similar in concept to OutRun on the Sega Master System)

Getting back on topic, I think the current large, dual exhaust looks fine and more Porsche-like than the quad. Car models change. Deal with it.

Hang-On - now there was a great game. Almost as good as Chequered Flag on the Spectrum. Am I showing my age now?
Quote from (SaM) :Cursors are never on screenshots, since they're not on the same video layer.

And I actually prefer duals.. since quads are too much for the car I say.

unless your running cursor XP

i like the quads, the duels look retarded since they are so .. so so wide
#9 - shim
i played about with the 0.04 pre-release earlier tonite and noticed the XRT had twin exhaust, looked damn nice.. wish that was brought back..
Quote from Gentlefoot :Hang-On - now there was a great game. Almost as good as Chequered Flag on the Spectrum. Am I showing my age now?

Neither as good as Super Monaco 2 on the Mega Drive.

What a game!
aah, i rember the day, hours playing it with my dad ..... ahhh
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#12 - shim
Pitstop 2 was the oldest racing game ive played on the commodore64..
Quote from thisnameistaken :That was actually a good game And of course Turbo Esprit was the grandaddy or the GTA genre back in... what, 1985? I loved that game when I was a nipper!

I'm gonna find a spectrum emulator tonight and have a game of turbo esprit! See if I can find Chuckie Egg too
Nostalgia over old games is a wonderful thing.

Just don't ruin it by actually going and playing them
Quote from shim :i played about with the 0.04 pre-release earlier tonite and noticed the XRT had twin exhaust, looked damn nice.. wish that was brought back..

:doh:... thats sad
have you not seen all the flaming threads where people are mad that the XRT has one large exhaust pipe rather than 2 small ones?
Two versions:
Attached images
ky15.jpg
current.jpg
make it an option.. that way everyones happy
Those duals are pretty, can I have 'em pweeeezzz? =)

OH! I also noticed soemthing

http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=contents&car=xr_gtr

The picture of the XRR on aston, it shows the right side of the car, with no exhaust, meaning the exhaust is on the left! Yet if you look in-game/ or on the 4 screenshot things, you'll notice that the exhaust is on the right!
#19 - Tick
Hang On!!
I see two problem with the picture!

First off! Your browser is powered by AOL 9.0. (you should be shot)

Second! Your computer is a PackardBell? (Didnt they die back in the 80's) (you should be shot)

As for quad tips? Its still only duel pipes running back from the headers. Its all looks!

Tick
I actually quite like the quad exhausts. They look more realistic than the duals to me.
Quote from Skyline_Drifter_ :Those duals are pretty, can I have 'em pweeeezzz? =)

OH! I also noticed soemthing

http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=contents&car=xr_gtr

The picture of the XRR on aston, it shows the right side of the car, with no exhaust, meaning the exhaust is on the left! Yet if you look in-game/ or on the 4 screenshot things, you'll notice that the exhaust is on the right!

that was a bug until recently; everything would swap sides depening on if your a right/left side driver..
Quote from (SaM) :And I actually prefer duals.. since quads are too much for the car I say.

Too much for what?

It's just the tips

Z06s look nice with the quad tips.

The way it is now is right along the lines of most recent Porches.

It'll be nice one day when the underside of the cars is modelled instead of the black abyss we have now. Then the pipes would only be wide at the end, not the silly cannisters that exist right now attached to nothing.

Hopefully LFS will be the first sim to actually have undercarriages on the cars. It only has to drawn when in view, like the rest of Scawens optimizations but a suspension and drivetrain would be sweetness. Some parts should be in view most of the time anyways.
Quad for the win. Wide dual will look good when they're square.
Square exhausts.... :vomit:

:thumbsdow
Quote from Tick :I see two problem with the picture!

First off! Your browser is powered by AOL 9.0. (you should be shot)

Second! Your computer is a PackardBell? (Didnt they die back in the 80's) (you should be shot)

As for quad tips? Its still only duel pipes running back from the headers. Its all looks!

Tick

hey aol always gives god ping
and apart from the processor, whihc is 3.06 which is enough todays, eventhing is non standard
and yeh I paid for it myself, with my own savings, no job @ 14, when I bought it)

Hang on !!!
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG