The online racing simulator
I want death .....
(33 posts, started )
I want death .....
In Lfs !

If Lfs is supposed to be a simulator, then accidents must end up in death or injury for the racer.

We then can discuss what death or injury would mean for the racer, but death could be 24 hours with no possibility to race online. Injuries could be 2 - 3 - 6 or more hours away from the servers.

We have to find a way to stop people throwing their cars, fearless, into corners in the start and reckless driving.

Now everybody will say - Innocent people will be hit by such a rule - YES ! And they will be pissed with the racer who caused the accident and he will be noticed next time you meet him on the track.

A sligthly more "eatable" version could be, a wrecked car takes time to repair. A racer would be locked for a specific time, after an accident, with no possibility to join any online servers.

As Lfs is now, its just another game !? - Let`s get serious people and punish the wreckers.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I like the idea but I don't think it'll ever happen simply because we need to have as many people race online as possible and this would just reduce the numbers.
#3 - joen
Quote from alland44 :In Lfs !

If Lfs is supposed to be a simulator...

It's a racing simulator, not a life simulator

Quote :
Now everybody will say - Innocent people will be hit by such a rule - YES ! And they will be pissed with the racer who caused the accident and he will be noticed next time you meet him on the track.

And then what? What benefit does that bring?

Quote :
A sligthly more "eatable" version could be, a wrecked car takes time to repair. A racer would be locked for a specific time, after an accident, with no possibility to join any online servers.

Which would break one of LFS's biggest strengths, the quick and smooth accessibility.
It would drive people away from racing online.

You're taking it way too far (and that's a big understatement).
#4 - ZORER
repair delay should do good to stop idiots wrecking innocent people. once they wreck, they will be out for some time with one innocent people and the other racers will be safe for that time.
Death is repaired in 24 hours? What incentive is that to avoid accidents? I think, if this ever gets into LFS, that death is it - that account is finished, and you have to pay again for the game - THAT's an incentive.

Injuries could make your account stop working for a few days or a few years depending on the severity - maybe a really bad accident could result in your account only allowing you to spectate but not drive?

netKar Pro (why do they use the capitals in the wrong place?) has a 'real time repairs' option so that you have to wait whilst your car is repaired. But in a sim with other nunces it doesn't really work. I don't mind waiting if the mistake is my own in the middle of a league practice, but when I'm hit off every other lap by a laggy idiot (or a deliberate wrecker) I don't want to have to wait to continue. In nKP the workaround is the leave the server and immediately come back - insta-fixed car

Whilst I would like repairs to take time, and certain setup options to take time too, this MUST be an option for either league races or very serious people - it doesn't work with arrive and drive fun races in the evening.
maybe it would be more sensfull if you wont be able to drive anymore after a big crash, but only for that race. maybe when Gs are greater the 10? because at that force you really cannot drive any longer without beeing an jetpilot.
Sorry, but illepall .

What, if someone especially likes for example FOX @ SO1? He gets taken out in the obligatory chaos in the first lap, waits 24 hours just to find him having to wait 24 hours again after the first corner, lol.
Quote :We then can discuss what death or injury would mean for the racer, but death could be 24 hours with no possibility to race online. Injuries could be 2 - 3 - 6 or more hours away from the servers.

some post ive read recently have been really humorous, this is just plain stupidity. takin it to far lad.illepall
I hope you can catch the ironi, my message contains.
Good thought behind the idea.. But i agree it could drive people away from racing online.

What if there was statistics over crashes attached to drivers. This could include how serious crashes the driver has been involved in. Like for example: "crashes involving 3 or more cars", Or simply a counter of how many times your car has been severly damaged, or something similar. Could prove handy.. There could also be an icon in lfsworld, like "most serious crashes ever/this month" etc.. Anyone who cares about their online reputation would try to avoid crashing as much as possible. (i agree that innocent people would get some crashes to but i think it would probably show in the end that some people may be more dangerous, there will probably me a norm, no of crashes/month, but some will surely rise above the norm)
#11 - joen
Quote from alland44 :I hope you can catch the ironi, my message contains.

Obviously not lol
Quote from djdolber :Good thought behind the idea.. But i agree it could drive people away from racing online.

What if there was statistics over crashes attached to drivers. This could include how serious crashes the driver has been involved in. Like for example: "crashes involving 3 or more cars", Or simply a counter of how many times your car has been severly damaged, or something similar. Could prove handy.. There could also be an icon in lfsworld, like "most serious crashes ever/this month" etc.. Anyone who cares about their online reputation would try to avoid crashing as much as possible. (i agree that innocent people would get some crashes to but i think it would probably show in the end that some people may be more dangerous, there will probably me a norm, no of crashes/month, but some will surely rise above the norm)

Cool idea bro.
Better do it so if you crash and die you lose your S2 license and you can't play anymore.
random engine blowups and failures.
Quote from v4forlife :random engine blowups and failures.

Another cool idea but how miffed would you be at the end of a 60 lapper if that happened. It would definately add an element of realism.
Quote from djdolber :Good thought behind the idea.. But i agree it could drive people away from racing online.

Great idea !

A crashing statistic.
Quote from n2oaddict :Better do it so if you crash and die you lose your S2 license and you can't play anymore.

And sell your PC, cremate the racer, and 6 months later have someone else move into your house and start sleeping with your missus............now that would be realistic!!!
not racing online when u crashed hard or so.....
nah!
what would be better,
if u crashed and "hurt" your player reacts slower!!
like he tunrs slower, throttle is slow...braking sometimes doesnt go....
that would be better,
but not racing online cuz of a crash??
crashes happen sometimes of progs giving pop ups and make lfs go to windows or so...
#19 - joen
IMO crashes in an LFS race should have about the same consequences as in real life. That means if you completely totalled your car there's just no way you can go to the pits to get a brand new shiny car and continue. You'll just have to spectate.
If you have minor to somewhat major damage it should be repairable, but the time it takes should be dramatically increased. There could be an option when pitting to set a maximum amount of time to repair the car, and what is able to be fixed will be, the rest will be left like it is. Which ofcourse have it's effect on the handling of the car depending on the type and severity of the damage.
The damage model will have to be updated for this though. And this only applies to the race you are in at the moment. Making some kind of career mode with a limited amount of spare parts like in nKPro is taking it too far imo.
I think that there should be a realistic damage repair and settings change wait system. HOWEVER, there should be the following options
  • Server-side setting to disable the system, or to make it (say) 200% speed.
  • This effects setup tweaks as well.

i think the damage system needs a severe revamp and then we wont have a problem with people crashing around, that way if you hit a tirestand you'll have a big ass dent in your car.. that will stop people from knocking around
#22 - joen
Quote from duke_toaster :I think that there should be a realistic damage repair and settings change wait system. HOWEVER, there should be the following options
  • Server-side setting to disable the system, or to make it (say) 200% speed.
  • This effects setup tweaks as well.

No offense but why does so much need to be server-sided? That way it will probably just be turned off in most places or people will only go to server where it's not disabled. Then nothing will have changed.
The biggest problems with crashing and wrecking is on the public servers, it's mostly needed there. League races have admins present who make sure bad behaviour will be punished.
Otherwise some people will just never learn the limits of what is acceptable/possible.
Imagine what this could do for demo servers, it might even make them worth racing on, and that will work in LFS' benefit in the case of attracting new racers to buy a license.
Quote from joen :No offense but why does so much need to be server-sided? That way it will probably just be turned off in most places or people will only go to server where it's not disabled. Then nothing will have changed.
The biggest problems with crashing and wrecking is on the public servers, it's mostly needed there. League races have admins present who make sure bad behaviour will be punished.
Otherwise some people will just never learn the limits of what is acceptable/possible.
Imagine what this could do for demo servers, it might even make them worth racing on, and that will work in LFS' benefit in the case of attracting new racers to buy a license.

Why? Here is an example. As Nat, GTR cars, 20 lap race. 1st corner, speed over 230kph before braking and then one guy forgets that there is a "look left" feature. He brakes late, he goes wide, he sends three other guys away to the sand and walls. These three innocent guys have to wait for more than 30 minutes to race again.......
If these features would be controlable on server, it will cut off situations like these. I dont say that this real damage and repairs are bad, I would like to have them too. But LFS is a GAME, primarily. And game should enjoy you. Whan enjoyment gives you forced spectating?
I am 100% sure that once this feature is implemented, there will be server with this enabled......
#24 - joen
Quote from MadCatX :Why? Here is an example. As Nat, GTR cars, 20 lap race. 1st corner, speed over 230kph before braking and then one guy forgets that there is a "look left" feature. He brakes late, he goes wide, he sends three other guys away to the sand and walls. These three innocent guys have to wait for more than 30 minutes to race again.......
If these features would be controlable on server, it will cut off situations like these. I dont say that this real damage and repairs are bad, I would like to have them too. But LFS is a GAME, primarily. And game should enjoy you. Whan enjoyment gives you forced spectating?
I am 100% sure that once this feature is implemented, there will be server with this enabled......

Yes, you're right about that. And that's what it always seems to come down to, innocent people suffer from any system designed to punish not so innocent people.
But I didn't mean to say that it will come down to a forced spectate everytime. Just when you're car is really really damaged to the point where it's almost impossible to drive (like it is sometimes now already), like a wrecker would get from hitting multiple people. It would mainly mean a more realistic time to repair damage.

I want death .....
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG