The online racing simulator
76th RTFR XL

A reminder - server will be password protected 1 hour before qualifying start to keep not knowing crowded server jumpers out of way,pass will be always the same: green

Pitting rules:
Race requires a minimum time spent in pitstall of 10 seconds. That can be done either with single pitstop or sum of multiple pitstops. Driver who has spent less time will receive penalty time added to his finish time,which will be calculated by tripling the missing time to complete neccesary minimum time and adding additional 5 seconds. Drivers failing to pit at all will receive 1 minute penalty added to finish time (10s*3 + additional 30s).

Some historic stats:
Last race won by: S1DUS*GáboR - 2 wins in row
Last POCHETE 118 GT3 race won by: 1st race using this car
Last Westhill race won by: B2マ Mantas (68th RTFR XL - XFG @ WE National)
Most Westhill race wins: S1DUS*Botsi - 2 wins (Finland & Lithuania - 2 wins)
Current rating leader: S1DUS*R.Kardol (+5 points)

2023 standings after 3 of 12 races (best 10 scores count):
S1DUS*R.Kardol - 77
S1DUS*GáboR - 54
[FM]ˆチαtαι - 43
Event rating and other statistics

Server link: Ronys Tuesdays Fun Race
Race Green Discord: https://discord.gg/E37R5vD
Attached images
76thRTFR-XL.jpg
i love the 18st of april
Official results
Qualifying:

Race:

Winner:

Race statistics / RTFR XL .mpr folder / Event rating and other statistics (will be updated during the week)

* PENALTIES :
B2マ Mantas - receives 10 seconds penalty added to his finish time for pit exit line violation.
B2マ 136mph - receives 10 seconds penalty added to his finish time for pit exit line violation.
[FM]ˆfnatic - receives 10 seconds penalty added to his finish time for pit exit line violation.
S1DUS*uNite - receives 10 seconds penalty added to his finish time for pit exit line violation.

- - - - - - - - - -

In the recent years the GT3 class racing has become pretty much a standard in racing world and the popularity is increasing in both real world racing and simulators. This week also RTFR joined the GT3 club with it's 1st race using car from this class. However the track was not one which we could call a standard course for this class - it consisted by about smaller half of modern raceway and by bigger half - public roads. This turned out to be quite challenging when setting up the car. 31 drivers tried the challenge in qualifying,putting the Pochete in 2nd position in most attended cars chart of this event,however 3 left and did not take their earned spot on the grid,while another 9 retired and did not saw the chequered flag.

The winner of the race led just 3 laps and none of them fully,but at the end of the race he used his opponents pace reduction and with quite bold move took the race lead with 2 turns and finish straight left. With this Gábor joined the exclusive 3 race wins in row club - he is the 4th driver in RTFR XL history to achieve such winning streak. The hungarian broke the tie for 3rd most wins as he scored his 6th RTFR XL race win,setting also his 6th fastest lap of the race (tied 3rd most). It was also the 10th fastest lap of the race for Hungary,while he scored his own 14th top5 finish. The lithuanian driver with inconsistent name was the fastest in qualifying and scored his 6th pole position (tying Gábor for 3rd most),but the 35 lead laps were not enough to convert than into win,so he finished 2nd,which is his 9th top5 finish,still setting 8th closest finish in RTFR XL history. Rest of the field was over 30 seconds behind winner - best of the rest was A.Valta,who finished his 2nd RTFR XL race in 3rd position after a win in his 1st. V.Veloso returned to RTFR XL after not attending 23 races and repeated his best qualifying position 5th,but he progressed in the race and finished 4th which is 3 positions better than his previous best result. Despite the penalty,Mantas did not lose a position and finished 5th,scoring his 3rd top5 finish.

* FUN FACT OF THE MONTH :
Westhill's support roads have become a regular site for racing in Race Green Events hosted series,but this was the 1st ever RTFR XL race using any part outside standard courses of Westhill. Only previous Westhill's non-standard track (the other half of International) was also the last non-standard track in this event,run on january of last year.

* CLOCK PITTER OF THE RACE :
Even if it was possible to finish this race without pitwork with some fuel economy,no driver attempted that so the clock pitter mention goes simply to shortest legal pit time - 10.10 seconds were done by Thehemuli.

* FIELD RUSHER OF THE RACE :
Seems like M.Kapal did not really care much about fast laptime in qualifying,so he started from quite low position - 27th (qualified 30th). But he gained a total of 14 positions in race and finished 13th.

VOD at Youtube:

With limitation of max 2 selections in row,Gábor was not eligible to select combo for next race,so it was relayed to 2nd place finisher,who already submitted his choise - in 4 weeks the 77th RTFR XL will be run with UFR at Rockingham's Sportscar configuration,but with slight edit - we will bypass the 1st chicane over turn 1 of the oval. With laptime of just over 1 minute it will be a 71 laps race. But next week we're back to normal RTFR version,which will be a quite fast one without running slick tyres. More info will be posted on the weekend as always.
Attached images
q.jpg
r.jpg
pxl.jpg
s.png
#4 - Eric
That was a very entertaining race!
I didn't catch the live stream but I watched the Youtube replay. Then I HAD to download the LFS replay to see if Gabor violated the track limits with that last lap dive!Big grin
So,did i? Cool
Precision at its finest.
Attached images
image-6.png
If gap, car
If gap,gabor
Not having raced due to other commitments (and neither will next week Frown), but I'd say it's a track limits violation/cutting for simply driving through track objects (pole). If it's over the white line, dunno - that needs a video/mpr.

But it seemed fun Big grin
#10 - Eric
Quote from Viperakecske :So,did i? Cool

Well, for the track limit standards consistent in this race series, NO, in my opinion. Smile
at least we know who to blame if there's more sausage kerbs in the next update Tongue
Quote from three_jump :Not having raced due to other commitments (and neither will next week Frown), but I'd say it's a track limits violation/cutting for simply driving through track objects (pole). If it's over the white line, dunno - that needs a video/mpr.

Eric says no,so its a no Na-na

But here is your video

https://streamable.com/3nks0s
#13 - Eric
Quote from three_jump :Not having raced due to other commitments (and neither will next week Frown), but I'd say it's a track limits violation/cutting for simply driving through track objects (pole). If it's over the white line, dunno - that needs a video/mpr.

If this was an FIA event with 100,000 Euros worth of prize money, then track limits should be strict. But those types of limits would ruin what looked like a fun event, I think.
#14 - Eric
Quote from Eric :If this was an FIA event with 100,000 Euros worth of prize money, then track limits should be strict. But those types of limits would ruin what looked like a fun event, I think.

I totally agree, and it's nearly impossible to enforce all the time anyway (hello F1). Not sure that your solutions (FE Green Chicane Did I Say That? ) are safe either, even though they enforce track limits rather hard Big grin
Formula E has the best track limits rules Tongue Big grin
#17 - Eric
Quote from three_jump :I totally agree, and it's nearly impossible to enforce all the time anyway (hello F1). Not sure that your solutions (FE Green Chicane Did I Say That? ) are safe either, even though they enforce track limits rather hard Big grin

Big grin Yes those chicanes were created back in the day when I used rock hard tyres on the apexes! I'm trying to think of solutions a bit less barbaric these days Nod
Quote from Eric :Actually I meant no, the track limits WASN'T violated.

Yea i understand what u meant

He mentioned it was track limits,i replied whit "eric says no"
#19 - Eric
Quote from Viperakecske :Yea i understand what u meant

He mentioned it was track limits,i replied whit "eric says no"

Your right, sorry about that!

I'll go get my morning coffee and get back to work.
Quote from Eric :Your right, sorry about that!

I'll go get my morning coffee and get back to work.

All ok bigmen
Wow,didn't expect such chat here as usually the event activity ends with results,but nice to see some feedback and discussions to make the thread more alive.

Quote from Eric :That was a very entertaining race!

I hope seeing racing like this will inspire you when building tracks - Westhill's support roads have turned out great for racing as it's something else than just plain sterile courses. Maybe in future some track could receive a bit wider support/access roads and better transition between those and main track for something like LeMans style track. Just throwing out ideas. Shrug

- - -

Regarding track limits at RGE it's usually quite simple - track is defined by paved surface,where curbs are accepted extension and drivers have to keep at least 2 tyres on track at all times. In this case the car was barely in track limits and since mr. Lakūnas did not protest the move,it was assumed the move was clean and not reviewed.
Quote from Eric :Well, for the track limit standards consistent in this race series, NO, in my opinion. Smile

Youre a legend eric
#23 - Eric
Quote from Eclipsed :Wow,didn't expect such chat here as usually the event activity ends with results,but nice to see some feedback and discussions to make the thread more alive.

I hope seeing racing like this will inspire you when building tracks - Westhill's support roads have turned out great for racing as it's something else than just plain sterile courses. Maybe in future some track could receive a bit wider support/access roads and better transition between those and main track for something like LeMans style track. Just throwing out ideas. Shrug

Actually I've been watching the Youtube replays on a regular basis for the last 10 months or so and trying to catch up on some past events, too. Yes, it's very inspiring. Listening to expert commentary with real knowledge about the cars, tracks and drivers and seeing how well the races are organized and presented makes me wish I could provide you guys with better material to work with much sooner. Trust me I'm pushing to get these track updates ready for testing! Sorry for the wait.

I agree, access roads for the tracks are the way to go and they should have been thought about during the original design period. Also I have been paying attention to the track modifications used for these events and I've made some changes to the updated tracks based on that. No doubt I'll need some feedback on these changes during the testing stage.

Not trying to derail the thread, but it is kind of related.
I can definitely help testing the tracks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG