I've entered Sunday's MRc E-Challenge Round 4 (and now Round 5)
Hello Racers,

For the entertainment value, you might like to know I've entered Round 4 of this year's E-Challenge. I've been practicing a bit to hopefully not make a fool of myself, though I'm far from the level of the top guys. For me there has been a lot to learn and I've been inspired to do a few updates in a test patch to help with this event.

The event will be live streamed by Sim Broadcasts on Sunday at 18:00 UTC.
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/simbroadcasts
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SimBroadcasts

EDIT: Event timetable
18:00 UTC Qualifying 1 - 10 minutes allotted
18:15 UTC Qualifying Duels
19:00 UTC Race 1 - 33 laps
19:45 UTC Race 2 - 34 laps - Grid order by race 1 finish, top 10 reversed

It's an interesting and complex event, with an unusual qualifying format, two races, the need for energy saving and the possibility of rain! Rain is simulated by the rules requiring racers to change to road tyres which are challenging with such a powerful car on a tight and twisty circuit. Anyway that probably won't happen, according to the weather forecast. But energy saving is certainly an issue that can cause a few upsets near the end of the race. There's also a power-up strip which can be amusing. [EDIT: no power-up strip this round as the track is too tight for it]

For anyone interested in a late entry, you can find all the necessary information, guide, rules etc. in the E-Challenge 2023 forum section.

Attached images
EChScawen.jpg
It's actually kind of wholesome to see you race. You should do it more often.
Good luck!
go win maybe scawen
Awesome, see you on track!
Good luck and have fun Smile
The map looks gorgeous!
It was a great race, for those that missed it. Scawen racing in a live event is like an episode of undercover boss.
How was it for you Scawen?

I watched the 1st race and it was a nice surprise to see you on track. Also what a finish it was!
Quote from Mr.Kimi :How was it for you Scawen?

I watched the 1st race and it was a nice surprise to see you on track. Also what a finish it was!

They interviewed several players after the race, including Scawen. He did mention what it was like racing again, amongst other things.

Here's the VOD
Thanks, it was a lot of fun. I had to learn, focus, understand, calculate, react, drive, compete, listen, try to pass safely, let leaders past safely. It was a mental challenge, and physical too judging by how hot I got. Big grin

If you like those things, which a lot of you must do, then this event could be for you. There's quite a bit to take in and practice so you might want to look into it at least a week in advance. The final round is on 26th March.

All the info is available in the E-Challenge 2023 forum section.

I had to do some battling to try and pass people, also got passed back - it's not always straightforward. Trying to get the best possible result is exciting, even if you are in the back half of the grid.

Just after Turn 1 in Race 2 I thought it might be all over as I was so nearly flipped. I don't blame anyone, those first corners are hard, but I thought you might like the picture. Big grin

Attached images
lfs_00000092.jpg
That was a positive move for everything and everybody involved.
Fast guys are super fast.
It was nice to see you battle and feel the heat.
Direct improvements to the game are always welcome.
This competition is extremely complex and well organized.
The streaming is mega pro also.
Hah, awesome picture. I might have caused all that ruckus by simply not knowing when i have to brake for turn 1 from pole, and probably put whole field into concertina effect.

I'm glad you liked it - you touch on to my favorite thing about LFS. It doesn't matter where in the grid you are, there is always someone with similar speed that you can race with, and racing is hella fun. We all get too caught up in updates and stuff that we fail to notice that the base that's avaible now is very much awesome and fun to drive. Hope to see you on track more.
Hey man, awesome to see you race! Perhaps it helps you also do your development work. I'd welcome you to try Fox Friday some day as well, and I would hope you to try it with 0.7A version, using LFSLazy and all the features. That'll help you also understand the meaning and need of the insim features built into the sim! (It makes you learn even faster and makes you wanna race more!)
The fifth and final round is on Sunday, and the course is open for practice!

The Adelaide course is challenging to learn and this extreme high speed corner (2nd picture) is very scary! Schwitz

Info and signup: https://lfs.net/forum/524

Attached images
lfs_00000005.jpg
lfs_00000006.jpg
Quote from Scawen :The Adelaide course is challenging to learn and this extreme high speed corner (2nd picture) is very scary! Schwitz

If you're referring to Turn 8 at the current Adelaide street circuit, this might provide drivers with some tips. Different cars here obviously, but the same principles.
https://youtu.be/7ZHO7ujH3Wg?t=138
I think the T8 here is actually different than IRL, feels faster and easier.
It's a lot easier now that some corner markers have been added. Taking it almost blind at full speed with no scenery before yesterday's additions was scary. Big grin
I haven't had much time to do this championship but I really want to do it soon.
I'm going to sign up, maybe I won't be able to do it Smile

I am very happy and very happy to see you racing with us Smile 💙🏁

I'm going to sign up these days too and get to know the car Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG