(25 posts, started )
#1 - john
S3
I dream an S3 with:

Rain
Night (true light from cars)
Possibility to lock: view, clutch, blip and so on
No repair at pit
Start race in neutral (now is an arcade start)
Engine off due to low rpm
No respawn
Realistic mechanical damage to engine (5th to 2nd = blown engine)

#2 - joen
Guess what?
All those have been suggested before.
And not just once.
#3 - john
It's my first post here.
#4 - wark
Before someone says it with stronger words:
A. This forum's not for dreams.

B. S2 isn't even Beta yet. Suggestions for S3 can wait.

We all dream.
Before your third post, you might take Ye Olde Search Function for a spin Check the Improvement Suggestions Log in the Improvement Suggestions forum too, plenty of good stuff there :up:

Welcome to LFS
#6 - ZORER
what about everybody has their own pit box and has to stop in that box...

and small changes to car's body other than textures...(which would affect aerodynamics)
#7 - wark
How about this thread gets locked before anyone else starts "dreaming?"
#8 - john
S2 is in Beta because someone is too fussy!
I think in S2 final release will haven't new or major features.
So I think just now to S3 features.
I'm ready to do a pre-order of S3 now.
#9 - joen
S2 isn't in Beta it's in Alpha, which means there are features left to be added. Once all features are in place it will go into Beta. Doesn't have anything to do with being fussy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_software
#10 - wark
Don't count your chickens before they hatch...:chicken:

I can tell you Scawen isn't going to waste his time thinking about S3 yet, so why bother yourself?
#11 - john
If LFS is in Alpha there are other games who are only a project painted on a paper sheet.
I've read on autosimsport Victor's interview about the status of LFS and it is the reason why I think that the S2 is near the final release.
However, sorry for this thread.

Bye
#12 - joen
You don't have to believe me but

Quote from www.liveforspeed.net :
Download Live for Speed S2 ALPHA

The devs are expecting LFS to have a very short beta stage because is a very stable product already.
#13 - john
I know joen, I was one of the mirror for S2!
I don't think most people have enough spare time to read thru every suggestion made before posting their own.
What's wrong with dreaming a little?
i see no need for thread closure, wark, if anything I see a need to curb your aggressive treatment of a new poster. Why so harsh on him?
This attitude is a step backwards.
#15 - wark
Hmm. It appears three and a half years of unrestrained 'omg what if!'-playground threads may have finally gotten to me. Thanks for reminding me to chill out.

Notwithstanding, some things we'd be crazy not to all want. Some things Scawen would be crazy not to have thought of on his own. Some things are an insult to the man's judgment. Forget not that this forum is primarily directed to him.

Everyone may as well reply with a hackneyed "+1" and water down the immediately applicable and useful suggestions in the company of this thread.

P.S. this thread is now hijacked and driven into the dirt anyway; it stretches my imagination to think of a reply which will not beat the proverbial dead horse.

P.P.S. I am taking this far too seriously.
Quote from john :I've read on autosimsport Victor's interview about the status of LFS and it is the reason why I think that the S2 is near the final release.

I think you misinterpreted him.

The devs stance to versioning is that S2 final should contain ALL features regarding physics, damage, etc. S3 is the phase of graphical updates and minor stuff, not actually intended to add alot more complexity to LFS, besides maybe rain races or something like that.

Quote from john :If LFS is in Alpha there are other games who are only a project painted on a paper sheet.
I've read on autosimsport Victor's interview about the status of LFS and it is the reason why I think that the S2 is near the final release.

You've obviously ignored Scawen's comments, then. He has specifically said that we are in Alpha stage, and there is a lot more to do before we reach beta, but the beta stage should be short because of all the troubleshooting the community does throughout the alpha stage.

S2 final is not near the final release, I'd expect at least 6 months before we see a final release.
Quote from MAGGOT :You've obviously ignored Scawen's comments, then. He has specifically said that we are in Alpha stage, and there is a lot more to do before we reach beta, but the beta stage should be short because of all the troubleshooting the community does throughout the alpha stage.

S2 final is not near the final release, I'd expect at least 6 months before we see a final release.

I reckon that S2 final will be launched by the end of this year

Scawen is running out of letters for patches anyway, so that must be the case
We still have the roman alphabet... wait.. we're already using it (Alpha, etc..).

Chinese characters? lol
Quote from MAGGOT :We still have the roman alphabet... wait.. we're already using it (Alpha, etc..).

Dude ... that's the Greek Alphabet. And S2 Alpha Alpha sounds, er wierd.
Quote from duke_toaster :Dude ... that's the Greek Alphabet.

Err.... that's what I meant

Quote :And S2 Alpha Alpha sounds, er wierd.

Yea, that's what I meant by "wait... we're already using it"

Thus the Chinese characters remark. Although, three quaters of the forum probably have no idea how to pronounce any of that. lol (me included)
When S2 beta come out, will S2 racers have to pay anything? Or is it still part of s2?
It's all part of S2 :up: No more cash required until S3.
And even then, no cash required, only if you want to upgrade to S3 content :P
Quote from john :(5th to 2nd = blown engine)

It might not be realistic, but hop in one of the road cars and change from 5th to 1st/2nd once or twice, now see what happens.

S3
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG