The online racing simulator
Garage Screen and HUD
(2 posts, started )
Garage Screen and HUD
Howdy, I've read through a lot of the suggestions here and he's a couple I havn't seen - just my thoughts on things

the HUD - I would like to see an option to turn off everything (bar the chat which should remain separate) on the HUD and perhaps just have the leaderboard (or some sort of pit board - perhaps lap time in praccy, lap time + gap to leader in qual and laps left and gap ahead/behind in race) pop up down the pit straight - I know there's lots of guys who like the map and the split times pop-up and the times display in the top right, but personally I prefer to have nothing "extra" on the screen - adds to the immersion for me

Garage setup - while the setup options are extremely well done it would be nice to have some changes here - the saving option has been covered elsewhere:
- perhaps have limited setup options on some cars (the UF1000 springs to mind, perhaps just the ability to change final drive, tyre pressures, front camber and a few other small things) with more options as you get to bigger and faster cars, up to the racing cars which should obviously have everything.
- Would be REALLY nice to see (or even better to be able to set) static ride height - also would be nice to be able to set static camber, although the camber adjustment does work well.
- Things like gear ratios that are almost infinately adjustable should perhaps be limited to ratios of various combinations of gear pairs that fit between the input and output shafts of the gearbox - again perhaps road cars should not have adjustable gearboxes at all :o

I understand that some of those things may be a problem to implement and not really provide much benefit and none of them are really needed (except perhaps a readout of ride height )

Anyway, just want to say that since the latest round of patches LFS has been excellent imo and doesn't really need to change, but those are things I'd like to see

Chris
A pitboard option would be groovy , can already see everybody driving close to the pitwall to read the pit board . I would also love to see some sort of times being displayed during practice sessions .

Garage Screen and HUD
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG