The online racing simulator
#1 - HeRRC
Is it legal to live stream a ilegal version of lfs on twitch?
https://www.twitch.tv/magicadrianuskus

This twitch user is posting through the "live for speed" tag as if the simulator is free and encouraging piracy.

we could report it together.

sorry my english, google translate
Illegal version of a game is always illegal, with stream or without stream. Tilt

I did not see anything illegal but I do not understand spanish.
I think on twitch you can create clips form livestreams: Perhaps you can do that when he is promoting piracy or similar. Then send it to LFS-devs: https://www.lfs.net/mailus
Or report it on twitch with link to video & timestamp.
#3 - HeRRC
it is clear that the version is illegal, and all the illegal version is illegal, but the question was if on twitch, us forum users, it seems good. And my proposal, since it is clear that it can be denounced, is that we do it together, otherwise I would not have published it. It is useless that only I denounce...
#5 - HeRRC
It is very simple, they clarify it in the comments without any filter
Twitch wont care. Discord didnt care either. There was some discord server for cracked lfs version, with their own master server. Scawen reported the server to Discord and nothing really happend

The server is with 5k+ members If i remember correctly.
If you can make money out of this twitch stream, then I would say yes, it's illegal and he should stop it or buy LFS.
Quote from superlame :Twitch wont care. Discord didnt care either. There was some discord server for cracked lfs version, with their own master server. Scawen reported the server to Discord and nothing really happend

The server is with 5k+ members If i remember correctly.

The situation with Discord is they have a form you can fill in, and you have to enter Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address. The form warns that they will send your accusation and your personal information to the alleged criminal you are reporting.

EDIT: The exact wording is "please note that we will be required to forward your notice, including some of your personal information, to the alleged infringer."

So obviously that could apply the brakes on a lot of takedown requests. No way can I consent to my home address and phone number being sent to a criminal, that's just stupid.

I tried several times to contact them through their contact forms, they just gave me the runaround sending me to different departments and continuing to repeat the threat that if I filled in their form, they would send my personal information to the criminal I was trying to report.

It wasn't possible to convince them to have a quick look, realise they are blatantly supporting criminals and close down the piracy channel. In the process I also heard from someone on Twitter that Discord also supports many more illegal channels including awful and despicable content that makes our little problem totally insignificant.

I believe that YouTube may be more responsive and actually do a check to see if things are obviously illegal and remove them, without taking Discord's approach of apparently siding with the criminals.

But I really don't know what I'm seeing in this video above. I can't speak Spanish and don't have the time to look into it. If it's a serious problem we could try a YouTube report. I have no idea how the attitude is on Twitch is, if it is more like YouTube or more like Discord, for example.
Quote from Scawen :So obviously that could apply the brakes on a lot of takedown requests. No way can I consent to my home address and phone number being sent to a criminal, that's just stupid.

Is it not possible to have someone else file this for you?
Not really. I'm not interested in dealing with them anyway.

If you are interested, here's a link to their form. https://dis.gd/DMCAForm

It says "If content which you own the rights to has been uploaded to Discord, you can file a DMCA takedown request."

So that seems to suggest one of the developers has to fill in the form. But in my opinion the pirate version of LFS is killing itself anyway. It does not have access to the new mods system so I'm simply not worried about it any more. I have one life and the main thing for me is to spend as much of that life as possible doing good things, not dealing with thieves and their accomplices.
It is nonsensical, but this is because they require you to fill a DMCA Takedown form, and yes you have to provide that information.

Basically Discord will tell the other part about your claim, and will then require them to prove that their use of the program is legitimate (i.e. they have a license) and give them a period of time to do so. If they do not comply with the requirement, then they will close the group and invite them to settle the dispute in the US courts. That's why they ask for your details, so they can report you in case Discord has made a mistake.

The law requires you to provide the copyright holder's details. If Scavier Solutions (I assume that LFS is produced by Scavier) has a different registered office from your home address and a corporate number, you should be able to use them to fill in the form.

Anyway, it is a pain in the ass. If LFS is now doing good, keep on going
Well, that explains why Discord could want my details but doesn't explain why they would threaten to pass that on to the criminal. So although I accept there may be a legal process, I suggest that this is a convenient way for Discord (and maybe other companies, too) to avoid doing that part of their job that they don't really want to do. It would only take 5 minutes to verify the illegitimacy of certain servers and close them down, but they would rather hide behind this legal process.

There is no Scavier Solutions, that's just a made-up company. Big grin I think one of the early beta testers put it on a skin for fun, or something like that. Big grin
It's hand-washing on their part. Amazon does the same thing, and some indie authors were abused this way in reverse back in the day: someone filed a DMCA takedown against a legitimate author's ebook, blocking the creative content, and then offered to fix the problem in exchange for a sum of money.

Most of them replied to the takedown, and filled in their personal details -an information that was eventually sent to the extortionist to comply with the DMCA policy- so the ebook was freed again, but those who didn't saw their content hijacked.

There was quite a rampage about this practice a few years ago on the indie scene, and maybe Amazon reviewed the procedure -honestly, I don't know- but in my experience these kind of people do not want your address but your money. If the abused author didn't take the bait and filed against the Takedown, they simply moved onto another target.

In this particular case I wouldn't advise to go against this Discord group or the Twitch one for that matter, because even if you can get them closed it is as easy as creating a new one for them to continue. So much of a headache for a very little gain.

All in all I understand the OP, but I believe that you guys did the right thing to address that piracy problem.

PS. " I think one of the early beta testers put it on a skin for fun, or something like that." lol xD
That's some awful driving
It's better not to do this if you don't want to get banned
"EDIT: The exact wording is "please note that we will be required to forward your notice, including some of your personal information, to the alleged infringer."

So obviously that could apply the brakes on a lot of takedown requests. No way can I consent to my home address and phone number being sent to a criminal, that's just stupid."

What could possibly be their justification in that? There should be a better route for you to use if you want to go after them.

"I have one life and the main thing for me is to spend as much of that life as possible doing good things, not dealing with thieves and their accomplices."
I dunno. sometimes that's fun too.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG