The online racing simulator
Green Smoke
(20 posts, started )
Green Smoke
Is when you drive up to a barrier and do a burnout, is the smoke suppost to be green?
Attached images
greensmoke.JPG
IIRC, I believe its an issue with 32 bit graphics mode, I know in 16 it doesn't do that.
Some drifters could pay a small fortune for your PC system if it provides coloured smoke
#4 - joen
If you're in 32-bit mode turn "dither" off, when in 16-bit mode you can turn it on. At least, that worked for me.
na, im just gonna keep the green smoke!
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Is when you drive up to a barrier and do a burnout, is the smoke suppost to be green?

There is a similar problem with the racing line tyre deposits being pink ... IIRC.
Quote from duke_toaster :There is a similar problem with the racing line tyre deposits being pink ... IIRC.

do u have pink smoke then ?
#8 - Bosse
Quote from kiss me :do u have pink smoke then ?

I think you just have to color the .dds file that is the smoke. But then the smoke from grass or sand will be pink (or whatever) too.. I think..
No, I wouldnt, becuase smoke form sand is yellow by default, so its color must be controled by a different .dds
im gonna change it
Quote from kiss me :can u give a screenshot then plz?
i wanna change 2 but i'm having probs with playing lfs

first i have to find a free program that can edit .dds (ne1 know) and try to download another copy of LFS? i dont know much im a noob
#13 - joen
Quote from kiss me :do u have pink smoke then ?

No. Pink rubber on the racing line. And it only happens occasionally, and the same with green smoke.
Quote from joen :You could download a trial of Paint Shop Pro ( http://www.jasc.com/products/paintshoppro/ ). AFAIK the Photoshop DDS plugin from nVidia ( http://developer.nvidia.com/ob ... hotoshop_dds_plugins.html ) works in PSP too. Maybe the Gimp can do it, I'm not sure.

Thanks, Im goin with the photoshop plugin, BTW does ne1 know if i have the "keep right" sign duplicated and i put a different thing on it like "slow down" would people see the "slow down" or "keep right" or if thats even possible thanks
-imthebestracerthereis

and im at http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html whick one should i download for vewing and editing the .dds file? btw im in win xp
#16 - joen
Quote from imthebestracerthereis : Thanks, Im goin with the photoshop plugin, BTW does ne1 know if i have the "keep right" sign duplicated and i put a different thing on it like "slow down" would people see the "slow down" or "keep right" or if thats even possible thanks
-imthebestracerthereis

People standing next to you watching you play LFS, yes. Other players, no
Quote from joen :People standing next to you watching you play LFS, yes. Other players, no

so that would mean ppl would not even see the signs and i would, like they would go right through them like the sign is a ghostillepall
#18 - joen
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :so that would mean ppl would not even see the signs and i would, like they would go right through them like the sign is a ghostillepall

I'm confused You mean you want to change the text on a sign right? Not putting new signs in the game right? Other people would still see the sign but they would ofcourse see it like it is originally. Unless you upload your edited sign on the forum and everybody starts using your sign ofcourse
Quote from joen :I'm confused You mean you want to change the text on a sign right? Not putting new signs in the game right? Other people would still see the sign but they would ofcourse see it like it is originally. Unless you upload your edited sign on the forum and everybody starts using your sign ofcourse

i guess im gonna post this on the suggested improvements!! new signs for editor
It's 'mipmapping' or whatever it's called. Change that setting in video options to whatever the other one is. Too lazy to look ok, bye!

Green Smoke
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG