I have tried everything possible. There is only one error message:
"AcceptSharedTextures : OpenSharedResource failed"

Does anyone have an answer?
Thanks a lot
Many greetings
Jörg
Hello Scawen,
Thanks for your quick answer!
I have already tried a few things with additional software.
Virtual desktop
Virtual desktop streamer
Steam VR
I will have a look at the links right away.

here is the logfile and thanks again :-)

Best regards Jörg

openvr.log
LFSOpenVR Apr 10 2020
ProductName: PICO 4
Manufacturer: Pico
LFSVR_QueryHMD
Recommended RT size: 5256 x 2628
Left eye:
GetProjectionRaw___: Left -1.280 Right 1.280 Top -1.280 Bottom 1.280
GetProjectionMatrix: Left -1.280 Right 1.280 Top -1.280 Bottom 1.280
GetEyeToHeadTransform:
1.000 0.000 0.000 -0.032
0.000 1.000 0.000 0.000
0.000 0.000 1.000 0.000
Right eye:
GetProjectionRaw___: Left -1.280 Right 1.280 Top -1.280 Bottom 1.280
GetProjectionMatrix: Left -1.280 Right 1.280 Top -1.280 Bottom 1.280
GetEyeToHeadTransform:
1.000 0.000 0.000 0.032
0.000 1.000 0.000 0.000
0.000 0.000 1.000 0.000
IPD: 0.064
LFSVR_AcceptSharedTexture
LFSVR_Close
Hello Scawen, I may not have understood your first question correctly.
I haven't used the Pico 4 very much yet.
It is still running with Microsoft Flightsim 2020.

So, it's not the problem that the pico doesn't work at all.
At the moment, my problem is the cooperation with LFS.
Best regards Jörg
OK, I think my question is if it worked with Steam VR, because (if I understand correctly) LFS will connect to the device through Steam VR (unless there is another implementations of Open VR). But from your log file it seems to be getting quite far so I guess Steam VR is working.

I searched for OpenSharedResource failing and got this page:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/openvr/issues/539#top

Someone seems to thing this happens if D3D11 is started up for the wrong adapter, which could be the case if your PC has integrated graphics as well as the actual graphics card. Is that the case on your PC?

I'm looking to see if I can make sure it starts D3D11 with the correct adapter.
I think I can do it but not sure it's very easy. Besides, this hasn't come up before (if the default adapter is the problem).

What LFS does is select the "default adapter". It doesn't do a check to make sure it uses the same adapter as the headset.

I am wondering if that is something you can change on your PC, if indeed the problem is you have more than one adapter and LFS chooses the wrong one. I found these two pages describing how to set the default adapter:

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-uk/000103466
https://appuals.com/how-to-change-default-display-adapter-on-windows-7-8-10/

I'd like to hear from you if these help in any way before I try to go further with this, as I have a lot of other things to do.

Thanks! Smile
Yes, I have 2 graphic adapters
1xAMD Raedon(TM)Graphics
1xNVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU

So Pico 4 works with the RTX.
Do you mean LFS wants to work with the AMD?

The rest, the content of the link, is difficult for me :-/

post#6
OK, I'll look at the links and let you know.

Best regards Jörg
OK, thank you for the info. Maybe this is the reason. Your setup is unusual, having two graphics adapters.

You say Pico is plugged into the GeForce RTX.

So to make LFS work (as it is now) you must make sure the GeForce is the "default adapter" which can be seen near the top of this page:
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-uk/000103466

Or:

If for some reason you can't set the GeForce as the "default adapter" (and the Radeon is the default adapter) then maybe you can try plugging the headset into the Radeon?

The results will be interesting, at least. Smile

But the proper solution is for me to make LFS select the correct adapter (whichever the headset is plugged into). I think this is possible.
That's it!
I set the default in the NVIDiA control panel from automatic to the Geforce.
Now I'm sitting in a Porsche and wearing a racing overall :-)

Thanks for your help, Scawen!!!

Best regards
Jörg
Good to hear, thanks!

I'll have a look at identifying the correct adapter, hopefully it's just a few lines of code.
OK, had a look but I realised two things:

1) It's a little more complicated than a few lines of code
2) There is no need for this change in the development version of LFS (it works differently)

So as it would be only for the current public version (which we are trying to put into the past) and you did manage to get it going, and it's such a rare problem, I'm thinking I could leave this for now.

But let me know if your workaround (selecting the default adapter) is troublesome and I could look again.
It's going to be more common on laptops where technology like nVidia Optimus (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/optimus/technology/) or AMD Switchable Graphics where an low power GPU (AMD iGPU or Intel iGPU) are paired with a high power dGPU (nVidia or AMD) that gets dynamically enabled when needed.

Unfortunately on Windows, the dynamic switching isn't very intelligent and gets it wrong and often you have to go and tell the GPU to use the dGPU either all the time or just with a specific application via the control panel.

macOS did a much much better job at dynamically switching GPUs but now Apple doesn't even ship any multi-GPU machines.
Quote from Scawen :OK, had a look but I realised two things:

1) It's a little more complicated than a few lines of code
2) There is no need for this change in the development version of LFS (it works differently)

So as it would be only for the current public version (which we are trying to put into the past) and you did manage to get it going, and it's such a rare problem, I'm thinking I could leave this for now.

But let me know if your workaround (selecting the default adapter) is troublesome and I could look again.

OK, all right, I'll be in touch if needed.
Thank you.
Maybe I have a question about the VR cars, but first I'll try the search function.
I have another problem that I cannot solve. Before I could drive in VR mode, I had normal speedometer rpm, shift flash, etc. In VR mode no more. Back in 2 D mode the gauges are dark, also. I can't reactivate it either, even with reset automatic GPU settings.
I could install LFS again or is there something smarter?
Thanks and regards Jörg
That sounds like a setting, maybe "clocks mode" in Options - View?

If you were trying a lot of settings before and want to revert to defaults, you could delete the cfg.txt file.
Oh man, you are right. That was so easy. Thank you so much.
I didn't know you could turn that off.
I'm sure I hadn't turned the CLOCKS off. I thought the failure had something to do with the vr mode.
And I tried everything to find the error :-/.

Setting up Pico 4 VR goggles
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG