The online racing simulator

Poll : Which of these cars is most under-rated AND fun?

Closed since :
UFR
XFR
FXR
Which car is most underated AND fun
I can't give you too much detail on why I am asking, but it's to do with a new league that myself and Minimax are working on. Or any more for that matter.

Which car is most underated AND fun? UFR, XFR or FXR ? For league racing, this is. And sprint races.
UFR

Still one of my favourite cars, but it can't compete against the XFR, and as the most servers allow both cars, it is hard to find a decent UFR race.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I voted UFR but to be honest it's just the one I least dislike of those three. I swear it used to handle much better before the tyre physics patch - maybe I need better sets but now it's always all skippy and skittish and just awful in the corners.

Before the patch it was fun, now it is undrivable.
I like the way it handles now, and I don't think that it is undriveable now.
But maybe I just got good sets or a general "hand" for the handling of the UFR
Quote from ATHome :I like the way it handles now, and I don't think that it is undriveable now.
But maybe I just got good sets or a general "hand" for the handling of the UFR

It can't corner, it drifts everywhere on the default sets. And badly.
#6 - RiGun
I love the UFR, now i'm in our local championship I'm driving with the UFR against XFRs and I can keep up with them, I know it's a lot harder than the XFR wich has about 8km/h more top speed and they leave me behind in the straight lines, but in the slow sections the UFR is faster.

Quote from duke_toaster :It can't corner, it drifts everywhere on the default sets. And badly.

The default set just doesn't work :P you should try with flotch's BL set.
-
I think the UFR handles pretty well right now. I haven't seen any skipping, and it handles better than before the patch. It is a little more tail-happy, but there are cars that are uch much more tail happy imo.

I voted XFR though, I love driving that thing. It's such a nice driving car
The UFR is front engined and front wheel drive. Corner entry is never going to be it's strong point. But you should be able to get it sorted by LEARNING how to change the setup. Try softening the suspension a bit if it's skipping.
Tyre pressures need to be sensible now, no more running minimum pressures in the FWD GTRs. And IMO none of those cars are particularly under-rated, the RAC is! And that is fun, especially when rallied.
Quote from Bob Smith :And IMO none of those cars are particularly under-rated, the RAC is! And that is fun, especially when rallied.

I can hear my DFP crying when I think of it
I do not know for long races, but on short ones, the UFR rocks (look at the WR's at lfsworld), and is the funniest car to drive in LFS imo!
BTW, FXR and XFR are a lot easier to handle...that is true
Who said UFR can't keep up. We just finished 3h LFS GT race at Kyoto Long, and both cars turned to be quite even.

Not only here, but also in previous races in Blackwood and SO Long.

UFR FTW
#13 - Vain
The XFR has a beautiful handling. Once you got the hang of it and how the weight shifts in corner entry it's about the best handling car that LFS has to offer beside the FOX.
But no, none of those cars are under-rated.
Underrated would be RB4, XRG, FZ5 and RAC.

Vain
The FO8 is underrated as in popularity. The FOX as in close racing. The FXR is overrated. I vote UFR.
-
UFR all the way, its a bundle of fun. But for me the car that is the most fun to drive in lfs is the LX6.
The FO8 is very underated IMO can have some great racing in it and it tends to be much cleaner than FOX racing as the dirty but quick drivers don't like it because they can't throw it around all over the kerbs and get away with it.

OT - Quicksilver - Awesome avatar
#17 - Woz
The UFR is not too skity and slippy. Its a Mini with HIGH levels of grip. When it lets go it WILL really let go which is right. The Race_s set is great for it?
i would have never guessed the UFR was underrated :S

im pretty sure the unrated cars are
LX's and the MRT
MRT is so much fun, I was racing it a few days ago at BL, its awesome because like 6 people stay together for the entire race, which means its a close fun.
Close is always fun - at any speed That's why I love the UF1 so much hehehe
There was a patch? I'm still lucky to do anything useful with 3 AI drivers! I'm getting better though...

Grins,
RW/Bob
I would say that the FZ50 would be the most undeterrated but it's not fun

Hmm, haven't driven the UFR since the patch... gotta do something about it
What kind of poll is this is because it doesn't have LX?
From those 3 cars, none is really underrated, so I chose the one, thats most fun: XFR.

In general, I would say, the MRT by far. I guess, after the OLFSL race, it will again disappear completetely from the servers.
Quote from ATHome :UFR

Still one of my favourite cars, but it can't compete against the XFR, and as the most servers allow both cars, it is hard to find a decent UFR race.

simply to convince you : the WR's list from the ranks, so if you are not racing on the oval (XFR 1,2s quicker!), it looks like the UFR is in general faster
Attached images
comparatif.JPG

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG