The online racing simulator
Cops and robbers - the rules
(17 posts, started )
Hellos, could we make it clear to everybody what kind of rules to use. There seems to be at least 2 different versions. I was on a server today and very few people knew what the reules where and the few who knew disagreed (I read the rules for that server, but lost the link). In any case, lets try to make it clear for all, if at all possible.

1) The old cops & robbers (MG race server rules. Raced on a normal track a la BL1)
Rules (http://s10.invisionfree.com/MG ... am/index.php?showtopic=77)

Cops = White car
Robbers = Black car

- One cop to every 4 robbers.
- No joining between race. (unless you ask nicely ).
- Once you are hit three times pit and change colors to cop (white).
- You can go anyway round the track you want.
- Cops cannot wait around at pit exit!
- Once a robber has been hit he/she will put 1,2 or 3 into the text box everytime they are hit, once they reached 3 they turn into a cop.
- No one will use the map! Shift + F!

Last robber left wins!
[B]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Rules for the other type:

http://www.maxheadroom.nu/citydriving/

Unfortunately the servers are very disorganised and u see almost no cops at all. And, yes, the "robbers" don't really exist. Only guys, who break the law (a la speeding)
There are many many different versions, most with differing rules. As long as you make it clear what your rules are, then people should be fine. But many do things differently and difference should be expected.
there still needs to be a rule about pitting
and then you get those servers who start kicking and banning you from their city streets server because you're speeding or breaking the road rules??

Xnuse can validate what i'm saying because he was in the server too O_o
Luckily we got them to sorta change the rules and stop kicking and banning.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :
2) Rules for the other type:

http://www.maxheadroom.nu/citydriving/

Unfortunately the servers are very disorganised and u see almost no cops at all. And, yes, the "robbers" don't really exist. Only guys, who break the law (a la speeding)

I admin this server and guarentee tat there is plenty of cops and there are also plenty of "normal" people who dont speed allways.
But IRL poeple do sill ythings os muhaha what do you expect.
Quote from alco64 :Xnuse can validate what i'm saying because he was in the server too O_o
Luckily we got them to sorta change the rules and stop kicking and banning.

ya and that server sucks.. ass; im never going there again after that one gameplay; then the little kid that was running the server started getting pissed at me because i disagreed it being "fun" as you get banned from a server just for playing a game... that kid had serious problems or something
#7 - ZORER
it sounds fun but why should i obey the rules if i were a robber?? the robber should be free until he\she's completely damaged or surrounded by cops and can't move...
lol that was my argueing point; why have a server that you cant have cops chase robbers and robbers run from cops... if its a cops and robbers game

its like turning LFS into a Sims game.. heres your life.. you have to work to lower your wanted level (that seriously were the rules at that server).. you have to obey the speed limits... 2 minutes later.. owell **** IT; then get off going down the streets over 100 mph lol.. then.. WHACk and a ban ..sounds like fun aye?
#9 - _rod_
well you dont get banned for speeding, you just get cops on your arse, and when you they get you (when you cannt move, for either damage or cops blocking your car), you have to spectate for a x amount of mins...
well only according to some of them, whoever was the owner of the server was extremely childish and banned people after being caught 3 times
I had a great time the first time i played in the Cops & Robber server. I went to have another game in there the other day, joined the server and discovered that the cops no longer have access to the FXR illepall What the hell is the point in being the cop if you don't get the faster car then everyone else?

Got bored in 2 mins then left. Was much more fun when the cops had their own specific car.
I tried this last night... The thing is, because there are no support from the "game" for the rules, there are a lot fo unfair gaming. The cops are being harrassed, and i felt sorry for them. Its a game about give and take, and respect. If that works i think it seems great though..
Quote from Shinanigans :What the hell is the point in being the cop if you don't get the faster car then everyone else?

What is the point in being the cop, IF you get the faster car than everyone else?

You are faster everywhere, so they have no chance to escape, lol. illepall

Dont understand these strange concepts of the new CnR servers anyway. I prefer the ATC CnR, which happens rarely, but is very well organized and much fun.
CityDriving Cops & Robbers is the server to join if you wanna get your team skin stolen (thanks distressor, I know it's nice, I spent quite some time making it,altough I don't enjoy seeing some jackass using it) and hear some racist comments.

The idiots are making their way into S2...

OT: Is the wrecker barricade only for wreckers, or ppl who steal skins and such as well?
Quote from szyszek :CityDriving Cops & Robbers is the server to join if you wanna get your team skin stolen (thanks distressor, I know it's nice, I spent quite some time making it,altough I don't enjoy seeing some jackass using it) and hear some racist comments.

The idiots are making their way into S2...

OT: Is the wrecker barricade only for wreckers, or ppl who steal skins and such as well?

stolen skin barricade, lol
its more fun being cars that the cops are... TBO class is ALWAYS the most fun; especially when im the cop, and the robbers are having a hard time keeping a straight line on the track and i easily catch up to them lol
I'm still a huge fan of ATC CnR game. Although nowadays we are with few optimists working on the new CITYLIFE project. Since the game doesn't help too much to the sim-like gameplay (other than amazing physics), we have asked Monkster (the guy behind the genial LFSlapper) for the server-side addon. I'm still not sure if this will work, but we are trying hard to offer some new and entertaining gameplay which will meet players' taste. I'm one of admins at MaxH's City Driving server, and we are trying to watch and take the best game moments to the CITYLIFE rules. This time being forced by the program.

Nothing can beat the real race, but I hope this will be a funny change.

1st testings were quite exciting. Coming soon!

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG