The online racing simulator
Test Patch D4 (now D48)
(704 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :it would be ideal if the icon would change depending on the selected EV/ICE car.

Yes, that's what I meant Big grin
Quote from Scawen :That's strange. There have been around 40 downloads and no other such reports. We should rule out something coincidental.

A couple of things you could try in cfg.txt:

Start Windowed 1
Screen Flags 53763

Hi, I made some more tests.

I did a fresh clean install of LFS 0.7D into a new folder.

I changed the cfg.txt file as suggested, on both LFS (old folder and new folder)

On this fresh install I was able to apply patches 0.7D15, 0.7D16 and 0.7D17. And they all worked correctly.

In my old LFS folder I installed several patches and all patches prior to 0.7D16 worked fine.
But patches 0.7D16 and 0.7D17, in my old LFS folder makes LFS crash.
But if I install patch 0.7D15 or earlier everything works fine again.

Probably the problem is on my machine. I will gradually migrate the settings and scripts from the old folder to the new one to see what could have caused the problem.

It's a great opportunity to clean up the LFS folder. Big grin

Thank you for the tips!
Really cool improvements - thank you

Maybe someday you'll find time to improve the display of car damage as well? Smile Currently, it's difficult to "read" which part is damaged and how bad (without consulting the documentation). Perhaps there will later be a similar representation as for engine damage. That would be cool too!

This point is probably already on your list. Thumbs up In any case, I'm also looking forward to further improvements to the details.
Yes, just like that, that looks good!
Here is the same thing actually implemented, in EV and ICE.

Comments welcome! Smile
Attached images
lfs_00000093.jpg
lfs_00000092.jpg
Personally, I’m not sure if you really want the average.
The average doesn’t matter as much as the actual, having both of course works, but if is necessary…
But I’ve literally wanted this for 16 years :happytears:
Yes the average can be interesting for long races with refueling or for endurance races.
Quote from KingOfIce :Yes the average can be interesting for long races with refueling or for endurance races.

Whilst I agree, the average will only always play catch up to the Actual fuel used.
Fx. If you have a code 80 for 3 laps, then the avg is going haywire untill it’s coming back to normal.
I believe this was also the issue with “Laps of fuel left” if you had driven slowly for some laps, it took a long time before it became relevant and true again.
Scawen, I think I've figured out what's causing LFS to crash. I think it might be a bug related to new commands introduced in version 0.7D16.

In the autoexec.lfs file I call a script [RP]InitialConfig.lfs to do the initial configuration of my steering wheel's buttons.

As of version 0.7D16, if I try to call this script in autoexec.lfs, LFS will crash.

The script [RP]ConfigInicial.lfs has several lines. To test, I deleted most of them, leaving only the first 2 commands.

// Configuracao Inicial do Volante DFGT

/ctrlf 1 /ctrl tab
/ctrlf 2 /press 4

This way, LFS didn't crash, but showed the following message on the screen.

Attached are the files autoexec.lfs and [RP]ConfigInicial.lfs
Attached images
LFS 07D17-Script-error.png
Attached files
script.zip - 847 B - 97 views
That is really good bug finding, thank you very much for doing that!

It seems that I missed something here. The /ctrlf and /altf commands can contain arbitrary text so they must be disallowed from line splitting.

I'll fix that now and release a test patch today.
Test Patch D18

New display in F9 / F10 views shows estimated laps given fuel usage
Mods to delete in Cleanup mode of mods screen are shown bright red
FIX: Some cars' live settings were not adjustable without F11 view
FIX: /altf and /ctrlf now cannot be followed by another command
More updated translations - thank you translators!

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102117
how many laps does the avg take into account?

does it also count pit stop laps?
All complete laps.
Not sure how useful that is in practice tbh.
Maybe we could have an option to change that to x number of last completed laps?
I agree with johneysvk, that something like a 5 lap (or adjustable) average would be more useful to track driving style changes in practive. Also looking at the screenshot above I can't help but to ask if there is an standardized clutch icon we could use instead of "CT" with isn't as really self-explanatory as the rest (while also using a different font compared to the other "middle stuff").

On a personal side note (and this really is for later): It might be a good idea to make the "F9 view" either more customizable (like being able to hide stuff like the g-meter). It's kinda becomming crowded with additional information. As an alternative anything related to "damage" (Engine, Clutch?) could also find a home in the "F10-view"
Maybe having the choice between avg of last 5-10-15 or fuel per lap would be a solution, I think everyone is in two minds about how the “right way” is for reading fuel.
*EDIT* Personally I would always like to mark a lap, we have this function on the real cars to mark a lap, and use that for referencing deltas etc, same goes for fuel, so it shows -0.07 or +0.07 if you’ve used more or less last lap, it’s very handy when you have to make 28 laps but can only do 27 on full push Smile

I agree 3J it is getting a bit crowded but it does look like Scawen has a bit of a design update in store for us when looking at text font etc. Smile
Hi Scawen, I tested version 0.7D18 with the scripts I have on LFS startup and everything worked correctly.

I use a series of scripts to dynamically change the functions of the buttons on the DFGT steering wheel. These scripts are based on a set of scripts I found on the forum.

I'm attaching the scripts to this message in case you want to do some additional testing.
My antivirus went crazy while i was updating.
Quote from regispicanco :Hi Scawen, I tested version 0.7D18 with the scripts I have on LFS startup and everything worked correctly.

I use a series of scripts to dynamically change the functions of the buttons on the DFGT steering wheel. These scripts are based on a set of scripts I found on the forum.

I'm attaching the scripts to this message in case you want to do some additional testing.

Thanks for that. I've checked it out and reproduced the hang.

Now I think that, with the latest fix, it is actually OK. Without the fix, the line splitting interpreted many of those key assignments as "run this script right now". As there were several such assignments in each file, the bug caused many recursive script calls. There is a recursion depth limit but that didn't prevent the problem. For example if the recursion depth limit is 12, but each scrips calls 10 scripts (because of the bug) it could run 10*10*10*10*10*10*10*10*10*10*10*10 scripts. So it may not have been a true hang but could take an extremely long time to complete the task.

Quote from Average Drifter 69 :My antivirus went crazy while i was updating.

That is just a normal thing that can sometimes happen, but actually is just antivirus giving a false positive. That has been the case every time that has happened in the past.
Quote from BeNoM :I've had this forever, even before the patches. Downloading mods or skins takes ages and seems to be max out at 200KB/s (usually hovers around 50-150). I'll often get timeouts just loading the mod browser or joining servers. This is on a gigabit connection too.

Quote from Ibtasim6781 :A bit late, but decided to try D10 today. Cars and skins download faster with the HTTP buffer option enabled.

Test Patch D19:

We now have 3 download locations for mods (NL/JP/US)
If you enable Options... Misc - Allow HTTP redirect [EXPERIMENTAL]
Locations in Asia and Oceania should download mods from Japan
Locations in North and South America should download from USA
In that case you should see a yellow redirect chat message
Please let us know if this helps!

I'm getting a notice about not being able to run the automated scripts that I don't think was there before:

Quote :Script 'sequential' cannot be run from a script

I also got one for 'road', but not for 'ev'.
Quote from Scawen :Test Patch D19:

We now have 3 download locations for mods (NL/JP/US)
If you enable Options... Misc - Allow HTTP redirect [EXPERIMENTAL]
Locations in Asia and Oceania should download mods from Japan
Locations in North and South America should download from USA
In that case you should see a yellow redirect chat message
Please let us know if this helps!

On my case no... It redirect to JP and then I've got an ERROR:6 by a second later
Quote from Racon :I'm getting a notice about not being able to run the automated scripts that I don't think was there before:

I also got one for 'road', but not for 'ev'.

Previously it simply ignored calls to run those scripts from a script, but now it is telling you that is is ignoring them.

Does that make sense? I think the idea is those scripts are automatically called, so should not be called by a user script.
Nothing critical, but the text says "S2" instead of "S3" Wink

Sorry, I should have made clear: I don't use those automatic startup scripts - I'm not calling them, only LFS is (the automated calling). IE, whatever LFS does is triggering the warning.

I've just checked, and the script is still being run despite the warning.

Attached images
scripts.JPG
This thread is closed

Test Patch D4 (now D48)
(704 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG