Sim Broadcasts Soccar Cup 2023
The time has come for the long anticipated 2023 edition of the Sim Broadcasts Soccar Cup!
The tournament will take place over two days: Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th January 2023. Day one will consist of a qualifying tournament to determine the best 8 teams, who will progress to day two to compete for Soccar Cup glory! Sunday’s tournament will be streamed live by Sim Broadcasts:
News and Updates
Event news and updates will be posted in this LFS forum area, as well as on our official tournament Discord server.
Saturday 28th January - Qualifying Tournament: 12:00 UTC
Sunday 29th January - Main Tournament: 12:00 UTC
The event will take place at the Sim Broadcasts Stadium and will use the [TC] Gaming Football InSim. We will be using the Football and XF GT Electric mods.
- An LFS S3 license is required to enter the tournament.
- Day one of the event will consist of a qualifying tournament (with exact format to be determined once the number of registered teams is determined), from which the best 8 teams will be determined (7 if the reigning champions register).
- Day two of the event will consist of a knockout tournament with quarter-finals, semi-finals, a third-place playoff and the final.
- Players will use the XF GT Electric.
- Teams consist of 4 drivers each.
- The number of teams that can enter the tournament is not limited.
- Listen to referee instructions carefully.
- Referee decisions are final.
- No deliberate ramming.
- Do not cross the yellow line in your half before the kickoff countdown has ended.
- First offense, yellow card (warning), second offense red card (removal from match).
- Car reset will be allowed.
The reigning champions of the Soccar Cup have an automatic qualification to Sunday’s tournament, should they wish to enter. If not, there will be one extra qualifying slot available.
The possible qualifying methods are:
- Swiss system tournament (with Buchholz system used for tiebreaker), to determine the top 7 (or 8) teams qualifying for the main tournament.
- A group stage with 4 groups, from which 7 (or 8) teams qualify for the main tournament.
- Double knockout qualification, with the upper bracket and losers bracket qualifying for the main tournament, from which 7 (or 8) teams qualify for the main tournament.
Qualifying games will consist of two halves, each of them 3 minutes long.
The main tournament on Sunday will be played out as a knockout tournament, consisting of quarter-finals, semi-finals, a third-place playoff (consisting of the two losing teams from the semi-finals), and the grand final match. The quarter-finals, semi-finals and third-place playoff will consist of two halves, each 5 minutes long. The final will consist of 6 minute halves. If a winner is not decided after full time in each game, an overtime match, with 3 minute halves is played to determine the winner of the game. If there is no winner after the 6 minute overtime, we will play for a golden goal.
Entering the tournament
There is no limit to the number of teams entering the tournament. Each team consists of 4 players. It is possible to sign up as an individual, a pair, a team of 3 or a full team of 4. If you sign up as an individual, you will be assigned to a team that has a vacancy.
For the 2023 tournament, you and your team have the option to fully customise your team identity. If you choose not to create your own team identity, the tournament organisers will assign one to you.
Teams customising their own identities will choose one colour for their “home” kit, and one colour for their “away” kit. They will use these colours in the qualifying tournament and during the main tournament if they qualify. These colours must be the base-colours of the liveries the team will use for the tournament. Different shades are permitted as long as it remains obvious which colour the team is representing. Available colours are:
- Red: R (Hex: #FF0000)
- Lime Green: G (Hex: #00FF00)
- Yellow: Y (Hex: #FFFF00)
- Blue: B (Hex: #0000FF)
- Magenta: M (Hex: #FF00FF)
- Cyan: C (Hex: #00FFFF)
- White: W (Hex: #FFFFFF)
- Black: K (Hex: #000000)
Teams who choose not to customise their team kits can use skins from the skinpack that will be provided ahead of qualifying.
Teams can provide a logo in PNG format that must be at least 512px*512px in diameter. The logo can be placed on team kits and will be displayed on the broadcast graphics.
The name format for the event is as follows:
"[X] Name" where X is the colour of your team from the above list. For example, for the red team: [R] Name (^1[R] ^7Name). You will be instructed whether to play in your home or away colours before your match begins.
If you are registering an entire team or a partial team that is accepting entries on a first-come, first-serve basis, please use the following template:
Team name (optional):
Team logo (optional - PNG, min 512px*512px):
Team will submit custom liveries: Yes/No
Team Home Colours: R/G/Y/B/M/C/W/K
Team Away Colours: R/G/Y/B/M/C/W/K
Team Captain LFS Username:
Team Captain Nickname:
Player 2 LFS Username:
Player 2 Nickname:
Player 3 LFS Username:
Player 3 Nickname:
Player 4 LFS Username:
Player 4 Nickname:
If you are registering on your own, please use the following template:
#1 - Yes Motor Futbol Club (Yes MFC) - Automatic Qualification as 2022 Champions
#2 - Macro FC
#3 - Bola Presa
#4 - hzteam
#5 - Quicksilver Westhill Club
#6 - Master Soccer car
#7 - Race Green Ballsports
#8 - LSN crew
#9 - Bulgaria FC
#10 - Oh My Goodness Me!
#11 - Born 2 Race Football Team
This event is organized by Sim Broadcasts. By registering a team or signing up as an individual, you are responsible for your own participation and the participation of those in your team. Failure to attend after registering could result in your team being disallowed entry into future tournaments. Ensure that your entry is kept up to date and all changes to your team line-up are noted in a new post as well as your original post.