The online racing simulator
leaders - different colour on the map
top 3 leaders (racers) shoud have an extra colour on the map for better orientation

for example:
1st - red
2nd - blue
3rd - white
#2 - Phlos
I agree
Nice Idea,
I agree too
Agree.
Won't that small mini map get a color book ?Different color for 1st is ok. Maybe make map smaller ? Cause when you use chase car view you can't see entire track now and then
Agree to the first post.
Yeah, that would be a nice feature if the first would have an extra colour. But instead of the second and third one having an extra colour, too, I'd prefer racers being one or more rounds be hind me having an extra colour, so I can see, if the one behind me is actually going to attack my position or not.
I would like racers that are one lap or more infront of you have one color.
Racers that are in front of you on your lap have one color.
You are one color.
Racers that are behind you on your lap have one color.
Racers that are more than one lap behind you have one color.

If the system would be like this then you would know if the car behind is one lap down and therefore no danger. You would also know if the car infront is the position before you or 1 lap infront.
Quote from Unaimed :I would like racers that are one lap or more infront of you have one color.
Racers that are in front of you on your lap have one color.
You are one color.
Racers that are behind you on your lap have one color.
Racers that are more than one lap behind you have one color.

If the system would be like this then you would know if the car behind is one lap down and therefore no danger. You would also know if the car infront is the position before you or 1 lap infront.

I'm not sure about this. Think that it isn't neccesary or even that usefull. Having the 1,2,3 in different colours would be far more practical tbh.
i don't see the point, the first 3 yellow dots are the first 3 leaders.

instead lapped drivers should get a different color, because it's not always easy to see if the guy behind you is a lapped driver or someone who fights for your position.
But there were already many suggestions for this on rsc.
Quote from inCogNito :i don't see the point, the first 3 yellow dots are the first 3 leaders.

instead lapped drivers should get a different color, because it's not always easy to see if the guy behind you is a lapped driver or someone who fights for your position.

No that's not right. On a small track like AS Cadet with 10 laps. You have people spread around the track so you clearly cannot see the first 3 cars at all. The colours would help you to spot them out.

But I think drivers that have been lapped by you should maybe be black,

but

too many different colours could be quite confusing don't you think??
Holy poopoo! That would make a mess guys. All those colors would certainly not make it easier. Though on the other hand, what about a dot for the ones being one lap behind you instead of a square. Then you can see who you are, who's ahead of you, who's just behind you, and who's one lap behind you.
More information would make it too complicated, imagine the new drivers? Itll ask for a new topic:

do ne of u guyz no wat teh c0lorz on teh map means? icant fig0r it 0ut y0!
Quote from (SaM) :Holy poopoo! That would make a mess guys. All those colors would certainly not make it easier. Though on the other hand, what about a dot for the ones being one lap behind you instead of a square. Then you can see who you are, who's ahead of you, who's just behind you, and who's one lap behind you.
More information would make it too complicated, imagine the new drivers? Itll ask for a new topic:

do ne of u guyz no wat teh c0lorz on teh map means? icant fig0r it 0ut y0!

you'd have the same topics asking about shapes instead.

In total there would be 6 different colours. one for you, 3 for 1,2,3rd places and 1 for people behind you and one for people being lapped. I know it may be confusing to the beginner but maybe it could be turned on using advanced options then because I know it would be really useful to me.
Quote from snewham :
too many different colours could be quite confusing don't you think??

exactly, that's why it would be better to have 1 additional color for the lappers instead 3 new colors for the leaders.
Quote from inCogNito :exactly, that's why it would be better to have 1 additional color for the lappers instead 3 new colors for the leaders.

It seems to me that everyone has different ideas about what it should be like.
We are never all going to agree on a conclusion so there should be an advanced map option where you can select how "you" would like it displayed.
Either like you have said or different colours for every position, backmarkers, lappers, in front, behind, whatever tbh.

This way, Everyone is happy
Quote from snewham :It seems to me that everyone has different ideas about what it should be like.
We are never all going to agree on a conclusion so there should be an advanced map option where you can select how "you" would like it displayed.
Either like you have said or different colours for every position, backmarkers, lappers, in front, behind, whatever tbh.

Agreed! Customization is the solution to all lifes problems!!
Quote from inCogNito :exactly, that's why it would be better to have 1 additional color for the lappers instead 3 new colors for the leaders.

True but 3 new colors isn't too hard?
ahhh theres nothing a wrecker likes to know more than, exactly where the leader is.
:ambulance

But if you want a system like this ,I would go with only highlighting the leader.

the leader:
Cars in front of you:
cars behind you:

closest car thats for position:

Each option to be colour customised by the user.

You should also be able to switch any of them on or off.
Quote from Thommm :True but 3 new colors isn't too hard?

right now there are 4 colors, 3 new colors make 7.

not very intiutive....
Quote from inCogNito :right now there are 4 colors, 3 new colors make 7.

not very intiutive....

ummmm he said 3 new colours.. geuss that backfires on you????
7 colours driving about? We'd need a key to keep track of it.

The map is 99% fine as it is. It needs a new colour so show cars a lap ahead (so you know the car coming behind you ISN'T racing for position). You don't need to know where the leader is. Knowing won't make you quicker and able to catch him. And if your in the same split (i.e. in with a chance of catching him) then you'll get a gap displayed in the position list.

Easy really.
Quote from inCogNito :i don't see the point, the first 3 yellow dots are the first 3 leaders.

have to agree with this..

it would indeed be helpful to know if you could let the guy behind you pass or have to fight - especially in the later stages of a race where you don't want to ruin your whole race by getting into problems with a lapped backmarker

a lapped driver faster than you? probably not on most circuits but on the oal and other very short tracks, this can happen easily - i remember being more than a lap up on the 2nd place driver just because of my later pitstop on the kyoto oval in a race once..
Quote :
Think that it isn't neccesary or even that usefull. Having the 1,2,3 in different colours would be far more practical tbh.

Practical for what exactly?
As far as I can tell it is only usefull if you want to know if a race you're not gonna win is actually worth saving the replay of... Other than that I can see absolutely no use in exactly knowing where the top 3 is at. If you're IN the top 3 the yellow cars are the leaders, and the red ones are behind you...(unless they're a lap down which the 5 color scheme would fix).

However, as has been said before... Knowing the car behind you (currently orange/red) is fighting you for position by looking at the map any time IS useful... Especially when you're a couple laps before the finish. Also, knowing that it may be useful to pass that car in front of you because he's on the same lap is useful in this case, so you won't be taking any risks if you can only unlap yourself but not gain a position in the final lap.

I propose the following scheme:

Cars more than one lap ahead of you: White
Cars ahead of you: Yellow
You: Green
Cars behind you: Red
Cars more than one lap behind you: Blue

(also, cars receiving the blue flag message could blink red/blue so you know they got the flag)
Nice idea, but I think it's too difficult to recognize who is who on the map... and finally what is the difference on which position you are if you gonna be lapped
I think that existent solution is all what a racer need.
E.g. I'm using map to check if it is safely to return to track after pits or grassing
the best option like i have already said i that you can customise your own. colour what ever combination / position of car u want.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG