The online racing simulator
license plate?
(36 posts, started )
license plate?
I think the game would look better if the race cars didn't have license plates.They look ok on standart cars but not on race cars(IRL race cars dont have any).
+1

Nice avatar btw, magnifique
+1

I agree

The racecars would look a lot better without the plates. The racecars already have a 'plate' on the window, that is enough already. Also, the LX cars have a plate that hangs down on the nose, looks terrible and drags and sinks into the ground a whole lot. That needs to be changed.
#4 - joen
+1
+1
+1

I hate those plates on the GTRs... >.<'
#7 - ajp71
+1
-1 .. just to be a devils advocate

no actually; they do look awkward there
+1 truely
some race cars have license plate, like WRC cars, but anyways, on the GTRs could be optional have it or not... personaly, i dont mind...
+1 from me
#11 - Woz
If they are removed we need something else that lets you see the player name. Thats the good thing about the plates IMHO.

That said I understand the logic of the request
Quote from Woz :If they are removed we need something else that lets you see the player name. Thats the good thing about the plates IMHO.

That said I understand the logic of the request

Names Over Cars?
#13 - Vain
The numberplate seldomly says anything about the driver. Usually it says "Brake!" or something similarly uninventive, so we might just remove it. +1
Related to this I'd like a key to show the names over cars *as long as I press the key* so the names disapper when I let the key go. That way I could identify the driver of the car in front of me without having to cycle through n.
Let's see wether I can suggest that somewhere in the scripting-threads...

On trackdays you usually also remove the numberplate from the car (road going cars). That has aerodynamic purposes and on some cars the numberplate covers parts of the airflow-system.
And additionally it's just two bolts you have to remove....

Vain
+1 for the GTR cars, but not for the road cars (usually they are left on road going race cars and have a sponsor name on).

+1 for a key to temporarily show driver names. I usually have names off when I drive, but sometimes I want to know who a particular driver is ... for those all important 'mental notes'.
+1 from me too for losing the GTR plates. Could always replace them with a rear screen decal like the ones on the side windows.

Edit: I missed Vain's suggestion, but I like it. +1 to that too.

Thanks Lible
+1 to the thread section
+1 to Vain's suggestion
#17 - wark
+1 ldriver
+1 Tweak
+1 Vain

Daumen hoch :thumbsup3
+1
+1 Vain :up:
Well, sometimes license plates are used for sponsoring... i don't know: +/-1 :kyle:

Why not remove all the plates and let the user put his own on in the skinning process or simply have an option Plate [yes] [no] in options.

Currently (i think) if you place text in the skin where a plate would be, it appears behind the plate anyway

That way you could have a sponsor if you want on the skin, a plate if you want on the skin or as text or it missing all together if you want.

After all most of the plates online mean nothing anyway
Quote from Vain :On trackdays you usually also remove the numberplate from the car (road going cars). That has aerodynamic purposes and on some cars the numberplate covers parts of the airflow-system.
And additionally it's just two bolts you have to remove....

A lot of people don't remove there number plates in club racing in road legal championships as it doesn't really make a difference for track days you'd have to be mad to take your number plates off then put them back on to drive home at the end
The precious thing might get broken.
Quote from Becky Rose :+1 for a key to temporarily show driver names. I usually have names off when I drive, but sometimes I want to know who a particular driver is ... for those all important 'mental notes'.

its ctrl-shift

we do have the plates on the rear side windows you know you guys lol
+1

- remove the plates and/or make the space skinable.

in most IRL racing, the numberplate space is used by cup/race sponsors
and are the same on all cars in that cup/race.

..ideal in LFS for league/cup logos.

license plate?
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG