The online racing simulator
AutoX Compo test
(154 posts, started )
the insim app records a very small replay-data file for every racer (but only stores it when you complete the lap and if it's a new pb), made from the data MCI packets give. Then that replay-data is fed into your browser, javascript parses that and draws the 'cars' onto the map, which in turn is a background picture, generated on the fly by php, drawing the layout and racing lines (using that same replay-data file).
Simply a w s o m e.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from AndroidXP :Simply a w s o m e.

you missed a 'e'
Nice replay feature Victor! I'd have to agree on the larger map though.
Holy crap, that is very nice Victor!!!! Love the replay feature

If people want a larger map, it probably would be best to increase the size, but use a landscape layout so it fits a screen better.
Quote from mrbogeyman :you missed a 'e'

Didn't you just miss a 'n'?

Back to Topic: The mini-replay is just great . Is also drawn from the .lyt file or is it just a picture?
btw: Seems to me, that the devs have a little spare time at the moment... perhaps we can get new interiors for the next patch
Quote from herki :Didn't you just miss a 'n'?

Didnt you just do the same thing :shhh:

Woohoo new pb for me. Comapring me and three jumps replays we are almost exactly the same until the last corner when he jumps a few tenths ahead. I really hate that last corner.
Quote from herki :Didn't you just miss a 'n'?

:doh:
comparing netdemons lap and FAC Pastyrk's lap, the cars don't appear to move accurately. For example, look at the first split times and look who is ahead at that point...
I see - not much I can do about it though. The timing is based on the MCI packet interval i get from insim. I guess it can vary a little bit when exactly I receive the first MCI info for a starting player (can be a bit earlier or later, resulting in a slight difference in timing between players when replaying)

the racing lines should be pretty accurate though, which is where the actual relevance lies I guess.
Awesome feature Victor, very very nice... respect!
Quote from Fox_Mulder :comparing netdemons lap and FAC Pastyrk's lap, the cars don't appear to move accurately. For example, look at the first split times and look who is ahead at that point...

I was noticing that too. And Pastyrk's line has a really weird part it in right after the third checkpoint. Looks like he was nearing a haybail, then it suddenly jumps to the left and keeps going. My guess is just some lag happening or something.
Yeah thats definatly lag
Just tried doing a few laps and ran into a bug. The replay is attached but I'll give a little explanation.

My first lap out I hit a banner before the first checkpoint so I spectated and re-joined. Only got a little ways before it kicked me to spectator because I didn't reach checkpoint 1 quick enough. Re-joined, kicked me to spectator after 20 seconds or so. Re-joined, kicked me to spectator as soon as the race started. This went on a few more times before I decided to record the replay and leave. You can see from the replay I wasn't driving too slow as to not reach checkpoint 1 in time, it was just kicking me way too early.

This is the first time I've witnessed this. Pretty sure it has something to do with that initial spectating I did manually before I reached checkpoint 1. In fact I'm going to go do that again to see if the bug reproduces itself.

Well it didn't do it again. Very odd, but I guess it was just a one time thing.
Attached files
autoxbug.mpr - 34.7 KB - 192 views
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from NetDemon01 :
Well it didn't do it again. Very odd, but I guess it was just a one time thing.

no it happens rarely on regular servers and quite often on this test server, the problem is that your car is "invisible" in other words your udp packets are not handled by the server, this is triggered by spectate/away states, check my post http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=174173#post174173
i am starting to think that it has to do with insim.
Quote from Victor :added a new feature to the website - from now on, every new pb will have a replay visible on the webpage (yes the whole replay ) compared to another racer.

great improvements to the beta versions of it ... i love it
I love this replay feature Victor, it's brilliant. I might have to try and get a similar thing to work for league races.
This is really needed for Qualifying on a specific server for e.g. 3 days. and e.g. 5 flying laps. so we don't have to care about people to quallify for an event or a league. they just go there during the 3 days, have their 5 laps and everything is recorded nicely and well shaved.
is there news about this?

do we get this for free? i've noticed some servers have this tool already installed. where can i get it, victor?
im sure its free, iirc it runs from the insim replay
i haven't given it to anyone actually, so maybe you saw something else on other hosts. Or maybe they made their own versions.

There are some vague plans for this for the future though. It'll come back
äh... i've been on the solo.k9k.net and solo2.k9k.net server of the k9krew and they have such a thing online on those servers... and i got some information it's actually the thing you use on the autocompoX....

maybe they just wanted to get rid of me
the solo k9k servers don't run this tool we're still stuck with none of the new autox stuff Victor's been playing with. The results quickly fill up all 24 slots and then the server needs to be reset to clear the results out.

Victor - I was thinking a next step for your tool could be to keep track of the best time for each person in each different car, then have filters on the results page for the different types of cars, thus people can use any car a server has available. pretty much similar to LFSWorld's hotlap charts.

This would encourage people to spend the time and effort to drive different kinds of cars. At the moment for instance, there's no reason to try to drive the XR because it's slower than the XFG and won't get times recorded.
I have made something like that for my server and autocross track. You can see all the times with different cars, one driver's times only and the world records. You can also sort them by the sector times.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/janir/lfs/autox/

(Shame that half of the players seem to time out from my server when they try to join, and I have no idea why.)

I would like to see the last entry of the full results table to drop out when someone drives a better time.
Any news on the project?

AutoX Compo test
(154 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG