The online racing simulator
Too many physics objects?
(8 posts, started )
So i searched it and found no results. I get this error alot, mostly with my BW rallycross track, with ramps. I have about 400 objects including barriers and tires, and ramps. Why do I get the error? What can I do to fix it?
#2 - Vain
The error is triggered when too many physics objects are moving. For example when you put 100 tyres next to each other and slam your car right into them. Then more physics objects will be moving than LFS is capable of and that message comes up.
The amount of static objects is limited to 512 if I remember correctly, the limit of moving objects is a lot lower.

The solution would be to move fewer objects (i.e. by touching fewer tyre-barriers).

Vain
it means LFS has reached the limit on the amount of physics objects it can calculate. we've had this on autox stunt servers quite alot.

for example if you're about to drive onto some ramps, and right at that same moment, some one else runs into a stack of objects and triggers the "too many physics objects", if you hit those ramps at that exact moment, your car will drive straight through them, as if they were not there at all.

simply because lfs has reached its limit (whatever amount that is) of calculations (relating to the car hitting objects) such that it cant calculate any more! phew!

(thats how i interpret it anyway)
Yeah, I interpret it the same way. Its just that if there are no objects hit, just maybe a car rolling over will trigger it?
#5 - ajp71
Shouldn't trigger it unless the objects are touched AFAIK.
yep always to do with objects being hit
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :yep always to do with objects being hit

Would that include ramps?
it has appeared in the past that cars touching ramps are included also

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG