The online racing simulator
Newbie: AM I DOING SOMETHING TERRIBLY WRONG????
I posted a thread a couple of days ago stating that i couldn't access all the cars and tracks. Thanks for all the help offered but i still cannot see all the cars.

I have tried downloading from another country as recommended and now i have run out of unlocks.

Desperate to get going on this but getting really hacked off now.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, which cars and tracks can you see in single player mode?
How about a couple of screenshots? Have you extracted your LFS folder?
#4 - joen
You got it unlocked I presume?
Tell us where you get lost. What do you see when you enter the car selection screen. Are most of them not clickable? Because then it seems to me it's not unlocked

edit: yes, screenshots would help
I will send some screenshots tonight. When i start the game in the left hand corner it states my user name and license S2. When i then go into the garage to select a car there is only one availabe.(The XF i think).

When you say Have you extracted your LFS folder what do you mean?? I extracted it and used the lfs.exe...

Thanks for your help, screenshots to follow.
#6 - SamH
Could it be that Mr h_heywood is trying to select cars that are unavailable on specific multiplayer servers? eg: can't select a BF1 on a server running GTRs.
Lets get it sorted in offline single player mode first to rule out that as a variable.
#8 - Lible
Quote from SamH :Could it be that Mr h_heywood is trying to select cars that are unavailable on specific multiplayer servers? eg: can't select a BF1 on a server running GTRs.

And it seems that it's his problem

H-heywood - Are you sure you're connecting to S2 servers (it's on top before the server list)
#9 - SamH
Al's right.. me posing the question, even if it's correctly identified the problem (unknown), is going to confuse the matter

Let's get him up and running, with ALL cars available in Single Player mode first. Then we'll take a bite out of the multiplayer field
make sure when going online you have s2 selected and not demo in multiplayer screen.
Bad characters?
Maybee it's a bug with your name and/or password. I've had such troubles on games and forums. It turned out that it was because I was using a "-" in my password. I don't know the name and password letter-restrictions in LFS but it may be worth looking into
#12 - Jakg
Quote from h_heywood :I will send some screenshots tonight. When i start the game in the left hand corner it states my user name and license S2. When i then go into the garage to select a car there is only one availabe.(The XF i think).

When you say Have you extracted your LFS folder what do you mean?? I extracted it and used the lfs.exe...

Thanks for your help, screenshots to follow.

if it helps, do you have an IM address? if so ill guide you through it!
Thanks once again for all your help.......

I cannot try any of this however, with attempting to re install LFS i have now been locked out as i have used all my unlocks!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO I DO NOW????????????????
#14 - Jakg
Quote from h_heywood :Thanks once again for all your help.......

I cannot try any of this however, with attempting to re install LFS i have now been locked out as i have used all my unlocks!!!!!!!!!!

press "Caps Lock", then email the devs asking for an extra one, they should give you one, although how you used 3 unlocks when this is your 2nd LFS install is beyond me
Quote from h_heywood :Thanks once again for all your help.......

Either wait or try and contact a developer to add some unlocks. It sounds to me like you aren't extracting the LFS folder.

But what do I know?
Or maybe, he opens LFS, goes to single player mode and then he sees the default car "XFG', and he doesn't know how to select another car? Maybe he hasn't found the 'select car' button
Hello,

Thanks once again for all your advice, very much appreciated.

For some reason i cannot get the screenshots to import to the forum,

I have now unlocked the game again.

1. It clearly states "Welcome to Live For Speed S2"
2. on the opening splash screen it also states S2 License: h_heywood
3.When i then go through to Single Player\garage\car there is only the XF GTI available to use.
4. I have extracted the LFS folder into C:\games as instructed.

I really do hope it isnt me being a complete muppet. I really do apologise to everyone who's taken time to try and help....

Thanks

Paul

-
(the_angry_angel) DELETED by the_angry_angel : Total bollocks.
#18 - SamH
Just to make absolutely sure, open LFS and go to the CARS menu where you can see all of the cars.

The XF GTi is the default car when your settings don't load, which means that the text underneath the XF GTi should be white. The other cars should be black.

Try, just for grins, clicking the TEXT underneath another car. NOT the car itself, but the text. It's VERY important that you click on the TEXT UNDER the car.

Report back, so that we can confirm that it's definitely not that problem of clicking on the car and nothing happens.
Thankyou all sooo much,

Thank christ..

Dont know what has happened to change it but i can now access all the cars in the garage.......

Look forward now to getting the laps in.

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!!!!!!

Paul
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG