The online racing simulator
NEWBIE Without a clue.....
(10 posts, started )
I had never heard of LFS before Friday. Found some video footage on youtube.com and just had to get it!!

I have paid my £24 for the S2 license done about 50 lessons thinking this would unlock some cars for me to practice with.... It Didnt!!
Is this me being totally stupid or am i missing something??? Is there any sort of Dummie guide to LFS......

Please help, absolutly hooked already!!!!!!

H
#2 - joen
You don't need to complete the lessons to unlock the other cars, every car is available from the start
There is an LFS Wiki which would probably answer your questions but it has been down for some time now (link in my sig).
Maybe you can find some other usefull info in this tutorial: http://www2.arnes.si/~mocko/lfstutorial/ It's aimed at demo users but I think it's usefull for any new S2 licensed players too.

oh, and welcome btw

edit: ah, not unlocked, didn't even think of that :P
have you typed your password and username into lfs when you load it up? that confused me for about 20 mins lol
i only downloaded lfs last week, and im hooked too!

wee frase x
This sounds like you haven't unlocked the game. When you open LFS. After the credits screen. in the bottom left hand corner there is an unlock box. Here you have to type in your Username and Game Password. That should unlock all the content.

EDIT: Beaten to it :P
And if there isn't a box, re-download LFS from a different server you originally did. I wanted to get LFS on my sisters' laptop, so I could play in lan with my brother in law... And I downloaded the game, but had to play in demo mode because it seemed like I had one of those old demo versions. Some servers send the wrong files, I wonder why this is...

So if you don't have an "unlock S2" button, try to redownload it.

I just wanted to say this, so if this was the case he doesn't need to ask again and wait for answers.
Quote from sgt.flippy :And if there isn't a box, re-download LFS from a different server you originally did. I wanted to get LFS on my sisters' laptop, so I could play in lan with my brother in law... And I downloaded the game, but had to play in demo mode because it seemed like I had one of those old demo versions. Some servers send the wrong files, I wonder why this is...

So if you don't have an "unlock S2" button, try to redownload it.

Mmm... I had a problem with that last night too. After waiting for the 120mb-odd file to download

So I need to re-download the same version?
I've never not seen the unlock box. Weird one that.
Well... I have. I downloaded the game, fired it up, wanted to unlock... And I was like... Where did that button go? It should be here, no?... I checked in options menu, everywhere actually, but couldn't find it. Then I remember that there used to be a demo-only version, wich you couldn't unlock, and I also remembered people saying some servers were sending out the wrong file. So I downloaded it again, from a different server, did the same thing as before, only the unlock button was where it should be, in the main menu.

So basicly, yes, you should redownload your LFS, or someone smarter has to come here and give a better idea
Quote from sgt.flippy :So I downloaded it again, from a different server, did the same thing as before, only the unlock button was where it should be, in the main menu.

So basicly, yes, you should redownload your LFS, or someone smarter has to come here and give a better idea

Technology, huh?
Quote from creativesurgeon :Technology, huh?

A wonderfull thing, only too bad people keep messing it up

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG