The online racing simulator
new class suggestion
i have just come up with an idea for a possible new class. after reading the race 2 bronze thread i was wondering about a possible additional class in race 2 consisting of restricted tbo's(maybe called the tbf's "turbo fun") and the license requirement would be bronze.

i know there would or could be problems but what do you think ?
#2 - Bean0
Bring back boat racing :tit:
#3 - Joris
Given the popularity of the Race2 server this may be a good idea.

This could also encourage the use of unrestricted TBO's because the other class participants will increase the scored points.
Many Bronze licenced drivers are still not ready for Race 2. Not on the pace issue, but on cleanliness. Race 2 & 3 are, by public pickup standards, remarkably clean servers. One of the reasons for this is you have to do a lot of work to get in there, devalualing the second tier would instantly devalue the worth of the licence system and subject Race 2 to the same kind of public criticisms that Race 1 often faces.

Bronze is simply too low for Race 2.
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
Quote from Becky Rose :Many Bronze licenced drivers are still not ready for Race 2. Not on the pace issue, but on cleanliness. Race 2 & 3 are, by public pickup standards, remarkably clean servers. One of the reasons for this is you have to do a lot of work to get in there, devalualing the second tier would instantly devalue the worth of the licence system and subject Race 2 to the same kind of public criticisms that Race 1 often faces.

Bronze is simply too low for Race 2.

I agree to some extent about the above but then wouldn't make more sense to make race 1 into bronze? And the UFBR to entry level? That would clean up race 1 as the cars are are a little faster than the UFBR'S...

I hate the fact that i've opened a can of worms here, but all the hard work that people put into race 1/UFBR to earn a silver licence seems a bit excessive... but if you think about it harder, the rewards are pretty ok! i'm sure many people would agree that something needs to be done about race 1's quality of racing.
#6 - SamH
Having spent a couple of hours today demoting a bunch of Silver licenced racers because of attrocious driving standards, I'm absolutely resolute that, as Becky points out, to keep Race 2 and Race 3 clean, the length of time in Copper and Bronze needs to be AT LEAST what it is.

Race 1 isn't broken. Race UF-BR is fine as it is. The system is operating, largely, as intended. If people don't want to race TBO when they get to Silver, they have 3 alternatives. Five, including BnJ and SS1.
Suggestion:

Copper = XFG and XRG
Bronze = UF-BR
Silver = TBO
Gold = GFR
Platinum = GT2
Titanium = GTR

Or maybe seperate the road cars from the slick cars?
XFG/XRG -> TBO -> LRF
UF-BR -> GFR -> GT2 -> GTR
Quote from SamH :Having spent a couple of hours today demoting a bunch of Silver licenced racers because of attrocious driving standards, I'm absolutely resolute that, as Becky points out, to keep Race 2 and Race 3 clean, the length of time in Copper and Bronze needs to be AT LEAST what it is.

Race 1 isn't broken. Race UF-BR is fine as it is. The system is operating, largely, as intended. If people don't want to race TBO when they get to Silver, they have 3 alternatives. Five, including BnJ and SS1.

Nice one SamH. As i've said before - keep cracking on... It's just a shame that after the length of time it takes to get to silver, people still feel the need to misbehave! (which kinda spoils it for the rest of us)

I totally believe in the CTRA System as it's helped my become a pretty good racer from the FBM all the way to BF1.

Now the venture starts in the tin-tops which isn't easy but with time, effort and a lot of patience i'm sure we can all suceed!
i agree with all what becky and sam said and tbh i personally dont think it could work with out reajustment to license levels. really iall i wanted was to get people thinking lol but i wouldnt mind seeing it happen
#10 - VoiD
Quote from SamH :Having spent a couple of hours today demoting a bunch of Silver licenced racers because of attrocious driving standards

Noticed that Thx alot
Quote from peterules :I agree to some extent about the above but then wouldn't make more sense to make race 1 into bronze? And the UFBR to entry level? That would clean up race 1 as the cars are are a little faster than the UFBR'S...

I hate the fact that i've opened a can of worms here, but all the hard work that people put into race 1/UFBR to earn a silver licence seems a bit excessive... but if you think about it harder, the rewards are pretty ok! i'm sure many people would agree that something needs to be done about race 1's quality of racing.

Personally I would rather see the opposite. ie Bronze/National B only racing servers. Somewhere where people can get away from the Coppers and Clubmans of this world and try and hone their racing skills in preparation for getting Silver/National A licences. Something that's a bit difficult if your race is forever being disrupted by inexperienced drivers crashing and ramming behaviour.

I'd also like so see a bit more car choice for Bronze/National B drivers, seems to me that only the much more experienced driver get all the fun cars to drive (and yes I understand the rational behind the limitations).
Personally I'd like to see a couple more options for this level of license.
ie Restricted XFR and FOX to sit about halfway between the UF-BR and XFR; FBM and FOX pace wise. I think SS2 is underpopulated because for a lot of people it's a bit too much of a jump between FBM and FOX and a restricted XFR that was a bit more of a challenge than the UF-BR would be good practice for when people finally get to Silver license level in tintops.
Quote from SamH :If people don't want to race TBO when they get to Silver, they have 3 alternatives.

I feel this may be part of the problem. The TBOs are not as fast or exclusive as the LRF, so given the choice to race (or learn) what could be described as a souped up version of the demo cars, or a proper tintop race car, complete with slicks, most people will take the latter.

Or at least, that was my choice
The problem with adding new classes is as always the population player base. The next time there is a big patch there is an argument for creating a Bronze licenced UF1 server perhaps, as the UF1 server I believe is still greatly missed.

Only after a major new LFS patch is there sufficient racer population to attempt to launch a new server, when this happens, it's more likely the CTRA will be trying to figure out how to include the Scirocco than either the UF1 or a new restricted class.
Eww Scirocco, might as well say Golf and get it over with =)

BTW where in the heck did you pull Scirocco out from? I have been pretty out of LFS for a while, getting a new calibration cable for my pedals so over Christmas I can get some racing in. There some new 'updates' coming in a patch for Christmas that I haven't heard about? =)
#16 - VoiD
Cheers, search FTW... me=fail.

Why didn't they just take n XFG< place the XRG body on it and call it a scirocco? =P

Anyways back on topic again....
What about allowing LX4's on the TBO server. That's a pretty good balance because the TBO's are OMG FAST but the LX4's can corner much better.

The LX4 and the FXO are comparable to most WR hotlaps of tracks, and about 1-2 seconds faster than the XRT/RB4, so maybe working out a weight restriction for the LX4 would be good.

Just my :twocents:
That can of worms was opened and then buried long ago.
Oohkay then. :hide:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG