The online racing simulator
6200 vs 7600GT
(17 posts, started )
6200 vs 7600GT
Hello guys. Im getting a new video card soon and im choosing from a 6200 and 7600GT. The prices differs much but its 256 MB memory and 128 bit on each of the video cards. What is the diffrence between these two video cards talking about performance?

Spence
#2 - Jakg
7600GT is well in excess of 4x the speed.

No contest.
Yeah 7600GT is much better than 6200.
Quote from [UKR] Race King :Yeah 7600GT is much better than 6200.

Yeah, sure it is. But why not try and get a 8xxx or an 7800GTX? its better and aint that expensive either
My motherboard only supports that AGP thing :] not PCI-E

and whats that 4x speed?
DDR2 :S try to find one with ddr3
are there DDR3 cards in AGP thing?
Quote from spenceris :My motherboard only supports that AGP thing :] not PCI-E

and whats that 4x speed?

Jakg meant that the 7600GT is over 4 times faster than the 6200.
Oh ok thanks i thought of some feature 4x
I think the 7600GT is a good choice, but it depends on what Hardware you have. I upgraded some months ago from a 5700 to a 7600GT. But I have a Pentium IV 2,8GHz and only AGP. It speeded up things dramatically (LFS not much, because it´s relying more on CPU than the GPU), but other Games which where not playable before are running very good now (the time I upgraded I played Prey, which was not possible on the 5700).

So if you have a old System like me and want to get the best out of it a Upgrade to a 7600GT seems to be the best choice if you don´t want or can not invest into a completely new System. I think the 7600GT in combination with my P4 is the best I can get now. I don´t think that a faster GPU will speed things up much more on my old, slow system.
No question, 7600GT.

6200 is a crappy card you get standard when you buy PCs, no-one would 'upgrade' to that heap of shit.
Thanks for the advices i have a Pentium 4 3,0GHz with 512 MB DDR Ram and im upgrading the video card i have right now FX5200 to 7600GT then today and will have it done by the weekend. Ofcourse going to get a 1GB RAM module.

Is it somehow possible to upgrade to a better CPU? Maybe a dual core one?
Probably not possible, computers which come with P4 CPUs can't do better than that. You might be able to get a P4 3.8 GHz CPU but that's likely the best you can get. You gotta go to the web site of your motherboard's manufacturer and look at the support pages to see what CPUs it supports.
Yeah i saw that. Well i think ill have to live with a 3.0GHz P4 then.

Thanks for the suggestions and answers im going to the shop to get the card in half an hour
Quote from spenceris :My motherboard only supports that AGP thing :] not PCI-E

just so you know, the Radeon HD 3850 is the best AGP card on the market, by a large margin, for almost a year now. You should check if its in your price range
My previous video card was nvidia 6200, and i can say only one thing - that card is totally outdated and weak for these days. Choosing 6200 now is like to bringing you back to 2004. If you really want it, i can give it away to you for 25$.

7600GT is the answer.

6200 vs 7600GT
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG