The online racing simulator
Improve raceline
(11 posts, started )
Improve raceline
A minor improvement, but...

The actual raceline (when press 4) it is not the best raceline in any track. Why no copy raceline from all WR hotlap, or better from every better split in actuals HL. Would be ussefull to learn perfect raceline when practice for a race.
Quote from Napalm Candy :A minor improvement, but...

The actual raceline (when press 4) it is not the best raceline in any track. Why no copy raceline from all WR hotlap, or better from every better split in actuals HL. Would be ussefull to learn perfect raceline when practice for a race.

I like this iade alot actualy i suggest they gave it a go
If you try to follow a raceline that stems from a WR hotlap, then you won't survive the first turn... Unless you have alien-like driving skills, but then you don't need a raceline anyway.

A raceline is driving advice for people who don't know the combo yet. The line had better NOT be one that drives the car on the very limit.
Quote from wsinda :If you try to follow a raceline that stems from a WR hotlap, then you won't survive the first turn... Unless you have alien-like driving skills, but then you don't need a raceline anyway.

I can't to do a good WR but in same cases I do better one or two specifics corners than a WR. My raceline is very similar to WRs, but if I see in the track I can learn in less time.

This week i'm training on LX4@AS4R and the last corner with "ideal raceline" is only in this corner, 1 or 2 secons slow.

Wherever if raceline will improve IA will improve their times. I run 8 seconds per lap faster in this combo than IA
No offense or anything, but if you need to learn a track using the "4" feature, then maybe you're playing the wrong kinda game.

Although there's an 'ideal' line, it's rather generic. Individual drivers have their own lines, that work for them and their driving style. Try to 'take' it from them, and you'll either end up crashing or being nowhere near as fast.

Try practising offline or with freinds, it'll be much better than following a WR line or using "4".
Quote from S14 DRIFT :No offense or anything, but if you need to learn a track using the "4" feature, then maybe you're playing the wrong kinda game.

Although there's an 'ideal' line, it's rather generic. Individual drivers have their own lines, that work for them and their driving style. Try to 'take' it from them, and you'll either end up crashing or being nowhere near as fast.

Try practising offline or with freinds, it'll be much better than following a WR line or using "4".

Can't agree more
I think it's a terrible idea - Most (probably all) WR's use lines that are either technically illegal (if properly governed) or are lines that over the course of a race would destroy the car. The ideal line shown by the 4 command is the ideal racing line - a balance between speed and race-longevity. Not only that, but it is the generic line for someone learning the track.
Quote from MAGGOT :I think it's a terrible idea - Most (probably all) WR's use lines that are either technically illegal (if properly governed) or are lines that over the course of a race would destroy the car. The ideal line shown by the 4 command is the ideal racing line - a balance between speed and race-longevity. Not only that, but it is the generic line for someone learning the track.

Well I don't think it is the real ideal racing line, it is more the theoretical ideal racing line.
When I learn a combo, I don't drive with it, I do a fly-over the track with it enabled, but taking it would be slow in some corners. I did not find any late/early apexes in the line, because it always goes by the geometrical center of the corner. Check the Aston 2 hairpins in the club configuration. While the first hairpin is more a standard apex, the second hairpin has an apex a tad later than what indicates the racing line
Moreover, the ideal real racing depends on the car, and it would really be different for FR to RR cars (understeer in exits/oversteer in exits).
even though i don't use it much i would like it to be the WR setup or the average laptime thats done online so people can learn the basic line that you can do a average lap time on.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :No offense or anything, but if you need to learn a track using the "4" feature, then maybe you're playing the wrong kinda game.

I don't know if you see races on TV, F1 or something, but in some tracks F1 in chicanes fly, 4 wheels on air, if I remember well is in Magny Course, French GP

I have a shifter kart with 50bhp and I see how people fly too in chicanes, it produce damage in chasis of kart, but if it is faster people do to win a race, this is the real races. You HAVE to go where you can to go faster and if you have to put 1 or 2 tires in grass to take better a corner you will do.

I don't need the "4" function, but I can use to learn raceline in less time, only if this raceline it is good, no like now.

And without compromise with damage car or risk, in some corners like last of AS4R the actual raceline is WRONG
The line is meant to be the line the AI's follow, and it should stay at that. Fast people should be people who practice the track, not follow a line on it..

Improve raceline
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG