The online racing simulator
AI Skins
(8 posts, started )
AI Skins
How are skins assigned to the AI cars? It appears to be random, but is there a way to have, say, AI1 get a certain car skin, and AI2 get a different car skin, and so on?

Not a big deal, but I thought I'd ask.
Make a color setting and name it after your AI driver. A color setting (or profile - whatever you wanna call them. The thingies in garage) named 'AI1' will be used by AI1 driver.

Works with other AI names too, if you had an AI driver called "Puf" it would always use a color setting named "Puf" if there's one.
#3 - herki
and remember to put the color/codepage-codes in the skin-name as well
#4 - Lible
Just the SKIN name... right? Haven't used it much.

For example FO8_lfsforum, and the AI name is lfsforum i think.
#5 - filur
Quote from anthonyl :Can someone please help a nooby please?

You really should login with your S2 account before asking questions about how to use S2 content, the "Demo racer" tag under your nickname complicates things.
I haven't tried the above suggestion, but I believe he's referring to the name of the colour profile in the garage ... where you usually select the colour of the car, create a profile with the same name as the AI and then assign a skin to it.

I have found that giving the AI's different setups (sometimes totally aweful ones) helps to spread them out and make it more like a race rather than a rolling roadblock. I do this with the "use player setup" option and changing my setup several times as I get the AI's to join the race.
Quote from anthonyl :Im sorry but I must be really dumb ..as I cant get this to work.

I have downloaded an F1 skins pack with names of the skins like "F08_bar" and "F08_minardi" and "F08-mclaren" and so on.

The problem is, that these are skins for a car, you cant use and you cant see a skin on a car, you arent able to use.

Easy, isnt it?
You'll have to create a new colour profile named "minardi", rename you're AI "minardi" and select F08_minardi.jpg in the colours option screen

viola!

It's a pain but will probably look pretty cool with all the F1 skins on the grid

AI Skins
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG