The online racing simulator
Olympic points system in F1
(2 posts, started )
I dont believe that this is already a thread but if it is please forgive me. I just found this out today in another forum:

F1 supremo wants medals not points
The sport's commercial rights controller believes that races will be more exciting if drivers are encouraged to go all out for victory and a gold medal, with the Championship settled according to who has the highest number."Everybody is happy with the idea, they are all very supportive," the 78-year-old said, when asked whether the teams supported his suggestion."I'm absolutely 100 percent sure it's the right way to go, it'll get them overtaking," he added. He will meet with the FIA in Monaco on December 12 to get his idea across. Those who finished fourth and below would not get points towards the Drivers' Championship but their placings would count for the overall rankings. Points would still be awarded for the Constructors' Championship.

Is this a joke?

If not, does anyone else thinks that this is a bad idea? Seriously F1 is fine as it is now as 2007 and 2008 ended in a nail biter last race decider. Seriously this is like implementing the "all -star" system into every race in NASCAR.

(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG