The online racing simulator
Please help (Drifting in north east)
(7 posts, started )
Hi all,
only just recently we have had our local and only track closed down due to council doing what they do best (stop fun)...
without this track it means such people like me, Callum,james and a few others will more then probally have to quit a motorsport we love as we cant afford trips to Kent,Crail etc due to the facts that we all thankfully relying on other people to help get our cars to the venue.....now we have a petition going to help the government realise what 1 yes >>>1<<< drift event a MONTH will do just to please the handfull which complained..
http://www.petitiononline.com/Drifting/petition.html
Please sign up and help us youngsters with a passion and many other drifters saddened by the actions of the council :th:
Corey
This is classic, we couldn't have run-what-you-brung drag events this year on a local airstrip due to 'noise'... It's an active airstrip for gods sakes.

Either way I'm not sure this kind of petition is the way to solve this.
The noise is always a joke. They don't stop midnight trains as they pass with thirty feet of houses when they travel through cities. People get used to the noise if it's regular.

Goodwood has faced large noise issues, all public track days have db limits, and unresitricted noise days are only allowed a handful of times per year (i.e. for the main events that are run there). The soil banks around the track were redesigned to reflect noise away. All because of some boring people in houses a few miles away that, if they didn't make any noise of their own, could here the sound of distance engines for a few hours.
Yes, it is bullshit that tracks are getting closed because of "noise" and "pollution".

In Finland we already have lost one very good track because of this crap.

And another one, Ahvenisto, is in danger, because some idiots have decided to live near by it and then start complaining about it. It was originally built in middle of forest, but then some idiots started building houses near by it and now to this day it is in middle of suburbs and people who live there keep complaining!

On another hand, I see your nick what says XR4i? You have a genuine XR4i then? I wanna hear more.
Yep, our local autox location (at an airport) was shut down this year supposedly due to noise also. The local council is supposedly working something out with the airport to allow us to race there next year, because the autox clubs bring in a load of money to the local economy... We've always been within the regulated noise limits, but all it takes is a complaint and the council and mayor get right on it and shut things down.
Signed it as this is also my local track - great karting layout too.
Quote from BigPeBe :Yes, it is bullshit that tracks are getting closed because of "noise" and "pollution".

In Finland we already have lost one very good track because of this crap.

And another one, Ahvenisto, is in danger, because some idiots have decided to live near by it and then start complaining about it. It was originally built in middle of forest, but then some idiots started building houses near by it and now to this day it is in middle of suburbs and people who live there keep complaining!

On another hand, I see your nick what says XR4i? You have a genuine XR4i then? I wanna hear more.

Yes mate as ive said on PF, i have 2 Gen xr4i, one showcar standard and one drift car 24v cosworth

Thanks to everyone thats has signed, please keep signing and passing the link about as we aint won the battle yet......

we are on Radio next week tho so wish us luck

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG