The online racing simulator
50cc Motorbike choice help.
(42 posts, started )
Dunno about the 50's, but the 125 oil pumps have had no major problems, but they tend to go especially if something gets into the oil system.

If you're going to wait until you're in your 20's before you start learning to ride propperly, get a friggin' scooter for now, or you're just wasting your money and time.

Both are pretty highly strung 2T's and therefore are as unreliable as each other. Because you refuse to spend more than 10p on a bike, it'll almost certainly seize up at one point or another. To be honest you have this problem on all 2T's (scooters included), however scooters tend to be much less strung out and therefore don't need as much care.

Mixing the 2T oil yourself is a bit of a no-no for road riding imo. The reason most 2T's that are self mixing have a variable mixing ratio is because if, for example, on hard track riding you would use... say.. 50:1, and for idling, for example, you'd be using 30:1, if you were just riding around in town at 10mph all day on 50:1, you'd end up fouling the spark plug something cronic, may not even fire up, it'll be billowing blue smoke out the back and you'll probbably get pulled over for causing some heavy fog.

Buy a god dam scooter, tbh people will laugh at you less on a scooter than a geared 50. It means you're trying to hard, but failing twice as much!
My speedfight just totally ****ed up on me, all day it was a pain in the ass and had to get recovered by some guy called Duke Then it magically works fine to the shop today Bah, its not too bad now with the 70kit i wouldn't say i hold anyone up unless its some tosser in a scooby that wants me to go faster than 45 in a 40 with 50cc's! I don't think id bother really Sam, save your money, i have a years no claims now and my insurance runs out on the 22nd i got a discount of £10 with 1 years no claims But now i really need it so im guna have to pay the £300 most likely, such a **** plus ive had so many near misses on that thing its crazy, all these nigerian dudes still thinking there in nigeria on thw wrong side of the road and stuff. Id say more but i CBA but in short DON'T DO IT
I am not bothered if I look like a idiot or not I rather wait then get a scooter. If I had to get a scooter I would get a Yamaha Aerox, not a speedfight. I will most likely still get a RS50 though, as thats my personal preference.
Depends, if you are serious about riding a real bike, wait a year and get a 125cc.

If not, and you just want something to get about on, get a cheap scoot.
Im not telling you to get a speedfight, im just saying even the (supposably) reliable ones can come round and bite you on the ass, its cost me more fixing it than it cost me for the whole bike, i don't even want to think about one of those RS things Just wait, 1 minute your like "yeh im getting an RS50 then 20 minutes later someone tells you to wait and your like "yeh i was guna wait anyway". You have a garage don't you? BTW.
I had a speedfight when i was 16 many moons ago, then when i was 19 i had a fireblade but my girlfriend at the time had a speedfight (prost) and i still went on that when ever i was allowed there awesome.

However a couple of "rules of the road" for riding mopeds anyway
1, always wear a hoodie (even if you have another jacket on)

2, the optimal riding position is to lower the passanger foot pegs and put your feet on those. Because thats what Rossi does.

3, tuck your jeans/tracksuit bottoms into your socks making sure your nike shocks get maxium attention.

4, when ever your not riding your bike, eg: in a macdonalds carpark make sure you balance your helmet on top of your head so it looks like a armor plated turban.

5, white writing on your tyres is good for 5mph top end

6, only go out in groups of 3 or more. But make sure one of your friends has a real old shitty one that looks like its been stolen.

7, and the most important rule is to try your hardest to be featured on car wars or other police/sky one/channel 5 shit tv and act like a total retard hard man about the fact you were riding on the local green at 2am with a blacked out visor and no rear light even though your only 5ft tall and 7 stone in weight.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Until you're 17 you can't get a 'propper' bike (i.e an RS125, YZR-125, CB125R, etc).

Anyone want to swap one of the above for my crappy R1? I really would like to try one of these 'propper' bikes
I will! I don't actually own a 125, but if you're happy to swap one for an R1 then I can get a mint one by the end of the day.
Quote from andybarsblade :I had a speedfight when i was 16 many moons ago, then when i was 19 i had a fireblade but my girlfriend at the time had a speedfight (prost) and i still went on then when ever i was allowed there awesome.

2, the optimal riding position is to lower the passanger foot pegs and put your feet on those. Because thats what Rossi does.

3, tuck your jeans/tracksuit bottoms into your socks making sure your nike shocks get maxium attention.

4, when ever your not riding your bike, eg: in a macdonalds carpark make sure you balance your helmet on top of your head so it looks like a armor plated turban.

6, only go out in groups of 3 or more. But make sure one of your friends has a real old shitty one that looks like its been stolen.

7, and the most important rule is to try your hardest to be featured on car wars or other police/sky one/channel 5 shit tv and act like a total retard hard man about the fact you were riding on the local green at 2am with a blacked out visor and no rear light even though your only 5ft tall and 7 stone in weight.

LoL! Perfect, luckily though i don't do any of that, except noise pollution
Quote from andybarsblade :Anyone want to swap one of the above for my crappy R1? I really would like to try one of these 'propper' bikes

I'd do that gladly mate, if you can waste till after Xmas, we can swap bikes for a while LOL

Quote from andybarsblade :I had a speedfight when i was 16 many moons ago, then when i was 19 i had a fireblade but my girlfriend at the time had a speedfight (prost) and i still went on then when ever i was allowed there awesome.

BIG LOL
Quote from sam93 :I am not bothered if I look like a idiot or not I rather wait then get a scooter. If I had to get a scooter I would get a Yamaha Aerox, not a speedfight. I will most likely still get a RS50 though, as thats my personal preference.

i think you should consider a piaggio nrg

is a scooter but very nice bike
Quote from scottmackie :i think you should consider a piaggio nrg

is a scooter but very nice bike

I know the NRG's are nice bikes bike but, ain't the Aerox quicker and an overall better bike
do not buy a Peugeot!
I had one only problems.. But I kind of liked to look of it

Picture

oh and it was expensive to own the insurance was more expensive then our Seat Toledo 03.. (the Peugeot was a 06)

HAHA andybarsblade great tut!
Quote from tristancliffe :They're all over the country mate. Swarms of dickheads on hairdriers looking stupid.

Especially when they stick their helmets on the tops of their heads like they do... brings new meaning to the term d*ckhead
Or use them to sit on outside McDonalds...
Hum, better not show you guys my learner plate :\
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Hum, better not show you guys my learner plate :\

Nothing wrong with being a learner, everyone had to be once.

Just as long as you don't start modding your restricted moped/125 to get that extra 3 mph out of it.

One of the funniest things I ever read in a motorcycle magazine was the editors response to some poor 17 old learner who had written in asking if it was true that swapping the cogs on the gearbox of his 125zyz thingy from one with x teeth to one with y teeth could make it do 80mph, because his mates had said it would.

well the Editor was getting cheesed off by the endless letters asking similar questions about restricted 12hp 125s & 50cc mopeds so he wrote back saying (paraphrased).

"actually the 125xyz is good for 124mph... if you push it off the edge of a cliff. Stop wasting your time and money and spend it on passing your test and getting a real motorcycle!"

50cc Motorbike choice help.
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG