The online racing simulator
Welcome to Zimbab... no sorry I mean Britian!
(39 posts, started )
He is most likely in breach of The Official Secrets Act.
#27 - SamH
There are a few in all 3 major parties that could and should be arrested for compromising national security. Unfortunately there's little chance of it happening.
another nail in the coffin of democracy.....as we welcome the dawn of Zanu Labour
Quote from mookie427 :another nail in the coffin of democracy.....as we welcome the dawn of Zanu Labour

Or you could say this is democracy in full flow. the people decide! If the people can't be bothered to complain and rise up then they will get what they deserve. It's just a shame the rest of use have to live with the after effects!
thats a very interesting way of thinking about it
I've no idea what you islanders' rage about ID cards is... I was quite surprised when I discovered you didn't even have such a basic thing... How do you prove who you are then? How do you identify yourself for anything?
Quote from Gil07 :I've no idea what you islanders' rage about ID cards is... I was quite surprised when I discovered you didn't even have such a basic thing... How do you prove who you are then? How do you identify yourself for anything?

Usually Passport or Driving License.

The ID card thing is because we are going to have to bloody pay for them, and they will be compulsory. And you'll still need a separate passport and driving license which of course you have to pay for as well.
Quote from Bean0 :Usually Passport or Driving License.

The ID card thing is because we are going to have to bloody pay for them, and they will be compulsory. And you'll still need a separate passport and driving license which of course you have to pay for as well.

To be honest, if they merged all 3 into 1 I could'nt see the problem....apart from a dodgy memory about where I leave my wallet.
Interesting... What happens if you don't have a passport or a driving license though, like I did a couple months back? (still have no passport actually)
Quote from Gil07 :Interesting... What happens if you don't have a passport or a driving license though, like I did a couple months back? (still have no passport actually)

ID in this country is a bit vague, it's really easy to fake an ID just goto the records office and find a stillborn, get copies of birth and death certificate (so you can kill your fake identity off if you need too) and hey presty, new ID. You can get anything bar a passport with a birth certificate and a utility bill.

Faking a passport identity is a bit harder, but you can still fake it. It's more ellaborate and requires an interview in which you have to establish a cover story for the paper trail you've spoofed. It takes years of careful preparation to create a new identity in this way, and is not easy to assume somebody elses ID. Passport asside however, you can have as many identities as you please.

I dont mind the idea of ID cards at all, although i'm not keen on the current implementation as stands. For the most part though I dont see what the big deal is.
Welcome to Zimbab... no sorry I mean Britian!...no sorry I actually mean Britain.
#38 - SamH
Quote from Becky Rose :I dont mind the idea of ID cards at all, although i'm not keen on the current implementation as stands. For the most part though I dont see what the big deal is.

The big deal is the RFID tag that is on them, because that can be read without your permission, by anyone that wants to read it, while ever you have the ID card on you. They can read it as easily as a store reads an RFID tag at a doorway.. by proximity, not at all voluntary.
Quote from Becky Rose :
I dont mind the idea of ID cards at all, .... For the most part though I dont see what the big deal is.

Well for starters they are supposed to make it easier to catch terrorists and illegal immigrants, (because of course these people wouldn't be able to fake an ID card right??), and secondly it's the compulsion part that a lot of people object to. Supposedly you won't have to carry them with you all the time, so what's the point??? Apart from effectively making it a criminal offence not to be able to prove who you are? Animal Farm, 1984, 1939-1945 anyone??

We have perfectly adequate forms of identity in this country to prove our identity in every legitmate thing we may want to achieve. The only people that have any issues are the policeman on the street when he suspects you may have done something wrong. So in typical knee jerk reaction, the government proposes legislation to make the polices job easier, after all it's not as if the poor dears jobs aren't hard enough already right, with all that investigating and basic police work they might need to do? Wouldn't want them to have too hard a job of it and go around killing innocent people on the tube now would we?? (as opposed to taking a piss against a tree).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG