The online racing simulator
Need some advice.
(8 posts, started )
Need some advice.
Hey all, I'm looking to build a semi cheap AMD based gaming computer that can run dual monitors and will be fairly easy to upgrade. I'm not looking for a top of the line machine right now just something that will run better than my laptop and will hold me over untill I have some extra cash to throw into a computer.

So far I've found this.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/app ... 227&sku=P450-9120%20F

Which has two DVI out's on seperate cards. I would assume I could use each for one Monitor with no Ill effects?

I'm going to be using two Acer 22" monitors for now.

That's the total cost before ~$50 in rebates.

Opinions? I'll only be using it for gaming Most graphics intense game I would be playing is Cod4 or GTR-2

Thanks, Aj
Can you build a computer without the barebone? It will be a lot better if you could; ATM i'm creating a budget amd system for ya on newegg see how much I can shave off that price that you got.

Also, you might want to invest in a good graphics card to play on two monitors with games like those. I put a 9800gt in your build, and should be sufficient. will be a bit more money though
How's this?

p.s. mail-in-rebates are almost impossible to complete when the products are ordered over internet, because there usually is not an original reciept in the first place, and never more than one to get rebates from each component.

p.p.s. its also upgradable - the motherboard supports quad cores (phenoms) if you think you need the power in the future.
Thanks Wraak, everything in your build looks great for what I'm looking for Building a PC is no problem I've just been out of the loop for a bit before LFS that last time I was semi serious into computers it was 2002 and that barebones kit looked decent for the price.

I think I'm going to hold off placing the order for a week or so and see If I can find some better deals or save up a bit more to spend on some better components.

Aj
Quote from AjRose :Thanks Wraak, everything in your build looks great for what I'm looking for Building a PC is no problem I've just been out of the loop for a bit before LFS that last time I was semi serious into computers it was 2002 and that barebones kit looked decent for the price.

I think I'm going to hold off placing the order for a week or so and see If I can find some better deals or save up a bit more to spend on some better components.

Aj

cheap barebones that list two different graphics cards usually come with a terrible motherboard and crap components. I'd definately wait to save up a bit more. The monitors take a big toll on the budget. If you can maybe have 700-750 dedicated on the pc and then 300-350 for monitors, it would definately get you higher-performance hardware. Of course, one 22" monitor usually suffices, but it's up to personal preference.
Quote from MijnWraak :cheap barebones that list two different graphics cards usually come with a terrible motherboard and crap components. I'd definately wait to save up a bit more. The monitors take a big toll on the budget. If you can maybe have 700-750 dedicated on the pc and then 300-350 for monitors, it would definately get you higher-performance hardware. Of course, one 22" monitor usually suffices, but it's up to personal preference.

Yea I know the monitors are soaking up a lot of the funds but well :P

I may just go with one monitor for now and buy another one in a little while Or I may just use a monitor I have laying around and buy the two at the same time. I might be able to get a better deal on the monitors closer to christmas anyway

Aj
Quote from AjRose :Yea I know the monitors are soaking up a lot of the funds but well :P

I may just go with one monitor for now and buy another one in a little while Or I may just use a monitor I have laying around and buy the two at the same time. I might be able to get a better deal on the monitors closer to christmas anyway

Aj

hey, just go with whatever you think is the best way to go.

If you have any questions, just ask.
Quote from AjRose :will be fairly easy to upgrade.

If you mean "replacing the motherboard" as being a fairly easy upgrade, buy anything.

If not, buy anything anyway and forget about the upgrade path.

Hardware interfaces change so quickly that any mobo design is rendered obsolete in 12-24 months anyway.

Need some advice.
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG