The online racing simulator
How do to make chrom and metallic effect?
Hey, I've two questions:
  • How can I make a chrom effect, so that it looks as real as possible?
  • And how do I get a nice metallic effect on my skins?
I use gimp (2.2) for making skins. If it isn't possible to make this effects with this programm, show me another one where I can even make this cool effects. Then you must explain me how to make the chrom (and metallic) effect with the new graphic programm. And try to explain it as precisely as possible, so that it's easy for me to make this effects.

Sorry, if it gives a similar topic, but either there was no explanation how to make it or I've overlook some threads.

Regards Feuerdrache
sorry I can't help you with your question...but i have a similar one to see if somebody out there has an answer....
I was just wondering how I could get my skins to look like flat paint....i've been dying to make a Rat-Rod Lx6 for a while now.

Would it even be possible???
LOL nice bump.
#4 - Gunn
The short answer is: you can't make realistic chrome using a skin.

It is possible to give a car a reasonably good (but not quite convincing) metallic look, but you won't achieve it by using a tool or effect in your software - you'll have to tweak the whole paint job panel by panel.

A few people in the past have done a pretty good job, but certainly not overnight and not without frustration. A detailed search may give you a few references and ideas.
Even if successful, you're more likely to end up with a dull metallic finish rather than the super shininess of chrome. With a bit of highlighting and shadow work to finish things off you could end up with something that scratches your itch.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG