The online racing simulator
Meteor over Edmonton
(16 posts, started )
Meteor over Edmonton
Holy shit!

Scientiest tells that it's very hard to capture moments like this on film, and tells it's rare material (clip wise).
Either way, looks impressive, and first though that hit me was - how the light looked and the skies, it almost looked like a nuke.

What you think?
I think I saw something like that a few years ago. I was outside late at night, and suddenly for about a second the sky went like daylight and darkened again. I didn't actually see anything fall, but the the bright flash looked just like the one in the vid.
Yep...Had one pass right over my head once in the summer...At first thought it was a damn missile but when it vanished into thin air I understood it was a meteor. Sad thing is nobody else noticed it at that beach party I was, so they thought I was crazy when I told them it even made a hissing sound!
Very interesting. If I recall correctly I've never seen such a thing before, so it's new to me. It would be amazing to see though
Quote from Crashgate3 :I think I saw something like that a few years ago. I was outside late at night, and suddenly for about a second the sky went like daylight and darkened again. I didn't actually see anything fall, but the the bright flash looked just like the one in the vid.

Had the same thing happen to me a few years ago too...i was only young though (about 8-9 years old) and i freaked out. ^^
There goes the dinosaurs
yay another video for my wtfboom montage
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Had the same thing happen to me a few years ago too...i was only young though (about 8-9 years old) and i freaked out. ^^

If I saw something like that at that age I would cry, yeah, I was one of these sibbling kids that werre scared for anything.. oh forgot, still am :scared:
That is cool, for a few moments it really lights up the sky.

Looks fairly large to my untrained eye too. If I saw that myself I would be worried for a few moments about an imminent blast wave or something, that is after realising that since it actually made it to earth it wasn't a nuclear weapon.
If I saw this I would be like "WTFFFF IM GUNNA DIE@@", but what a way to die!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If I saw this I would be like "WTFFFF IM GUNNA DIE@@", but what a way to die!

what with your pants filled with last nights dinner, no thanks
looks impressive, but yet terrifying
Quote from kirmy :what with your pants filled with last nights dinner, no thanks

LOL ;/
that was all of the news last night and you could see it from Calgary al the way to Winnipeg.
Did it actually make it to earth? In the video it meets the horizon, but it could do that without actually coming within 50 miles of the surface. The impact crater (however small) found?
Don't think it made any impact.

Meteor over Edmonton
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG