The online racing simulator
How many racers can I host?
(6 posts, started )
I have 400kb up stream on a DSL connection how many racers can I host on a dedicated machine?
#2 - troy
there is a neat traffic calculator built into lfs, start lfs, start a new host and once you're in the part where you chose how many players/packets per second you want to allow lfs calculates the needed upstream and displays it.
#3 - Bean0
From the manual...

Quote : 4 guests, 4 cars : 4.9 KB/s
8 guests, 8 cars : 21.4 KB/s
11 guests, 11 cars : 41.6 KB/s (demo max)
12 guests, 12 cars : 49.9 KB/s
15 guests, 15 cars : 79.1 KB/s (S1 max)
16 guests, 16 cars : 90.4 KB/s
20 guests, 20 cars : 142.9 KB/s
23 guests, 20 cars : 165.9 KB/s (S2 max)

Obviously a little out of date as 32 cars is the S2 max now.
thanks, i tried troys method first & the part i dont understand is:

'max (real + ai) in race' which parameter does this actually set? is this the max cars in the race? if so why can I only select 2?
#5 - amp88
Quote from anttt69 :
'max (real + ai) in race' which parameter does this actually set? is this the max cars in the race? if so why can I only select 2?

That setting determines the maximum number of people in a race on the host. E.g. a setting of 12 means the maximum number of guests who can race at the same time is 12 (assuming no AI are there). I don't know why you're just limited to 2 though, I started up LFS there and the default was 5. I can increase it to 32.
You say its the max drivers on the host so if im having a dedicated host then that must be zero?

I can now get 'max guests 12' & 'max real & ai 11' without running out of bandwidth.

Does that sound about right?

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG