The online racing simulator
Time out problem
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Frags
Time out problem
I'm trying to run a server..
Name: Fiberbredbaand
(It's running now)

Those who try to connect gets a Time Out.

I'm behind a linksys WRT54G router. I have forwarded the 63392 port both TCP and UDP.
Windows firewall is also prepaired for LFS
Anyone with the same router and problem ?
If I use the DMZ option in the router. There is no problem. But I would really like some security

Is there an other port that I should open ?
#2 - amp88
#3 - Frags
Yes I did...
Just remade all port forwardings...

Should the following port be open in my router as well ?
It is now...
"LFS (TCP/29339)",
#4 - amp88
Quote from Frags :Yes I did...
Just remade all port forwardings...

Should the following port be open in my router as well ?
It is now...
"LFS (TCP/29339)",

When I read the following part of the Windows Firewall section regarding port 29339 I was a little confused:

Quote from LFS Manual :
Depending on your setup, this final one may not apply. I've come across a particular hotfix which appeared to change the behaviour of the Windows Firewall. Try it without first, if it doesnt work then click Add. Give it a Description of "LFS (TCP/29339)", set the Name or IP to 127.0.0.1, put 29339 as both Port Numbers, and select TCP. Click Ok.

From what I understand the guide is saying that a Windows hotfix has altered the behaviour of Windows Firewall so you either may or may not need to add the exception for port 29339 depending on if you have that hotfix or not. Have you tried it both with and without that exception and it's still not working either way?
#5 - Frags
Well yes I tried both...
I've been running a server before. Well long time ago.. That was with the same configuration...... ( I think )

Don't know if it's a router-port problem, or it is LFS
#6 - amp88
Quote from Frags :Well yes I tried both...

Hmmm, OK. Well, I've exhausted my (particularly limited) knowledge of solving LFS hosting problems like this so you'll just need to wait for someone smarter than me to help you (the_angry_angel is probably the forum's resident expert when it comes to hosting).
#7 - Frags
Worked with the firewall a bit...
Could some one try to connect to Fiberbredbaand
Thx...

Time out problem
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG