The online racing simulator
When attempting to view I get this..
Each time I see a file which is interesting and I double click intending to "view" it I get
"Windows box
Windows cannot open this file
(Name of file, i.e. AU1_drift 1.lyt
To open this file Windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go on line to look it up automatically or you can manually select from a list of programs on your own.
Use the Web service or
Select from a list.

Can someone advise me WHAT I should do next. When you know, its obvious,...when you don't., it aint.
Many thanks.
Copy the lyt file into the lyt folder in LFS, then load it IN GAME. Same with dds, mpr, spr, set, col....
thanks tristancliffe
Can you say where the lyt file precisely please?
#4 - ajp71
Put the file in your LFS\data\lyt (or it might be layouts) folder then when in game in single player on the correct track press shift + U. you should now see a options in the bottom left of the screen, if you don't see this press the spacebar. Set place objects to yes then choose load layout from the right hand side.
thanks ajp71, now you must think me an awful thicko but can you really be precise as to how, what I see and where it is because I really have difficulties following written instructions. Looking over someone's shoulder is one thing, "putting it into a file" is another. Would appreciate any spoon feeding you can have the patience to muster up.
Basically you copy the lyt files into
X:\Path\To\LFS\data\lyt
Where X is the drive LFS is installed on, and Path\To\LFS is where its installed. You'll find a data directory inside this, and under that a lyt directory.

Next, in-game, you goto single player and select the track - in this case AU1 (skidpad, if I remember correctly). If this is the only layout, then it should automatically load. If not, then you'll have to manually load it.
Start a single player game, and press shift+u. If you dont see a GUI, press space. You should see a Load button. Click this, and select the layout.

That should get you going
Thanks angryangel, i will try to do battle with your instructions.. my brain fries when confronted by these sorts of directions but I'm gonna try...cheers.
#8 - Lible
Well... it's still layout folder .)

When attempting to view I get this..
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG