The online racing simulator
0-60 times.
(39 posts, started )
0-60 times.
Is it just me or are the 0-60 times in this game extremely fast. I have noticed this before but just a few moments ago I used some restrictions on the XRT because I plan to buy a BMW 328i in the next few months. So I set up the XRT for 190bhp, and 3115lbs. Roughly the same power and weight of the BMW just to get an idea of how the BMW would drive when I buy it. I stopped the car on the strait away to see what the times would be like and from a dead stop the XRT did 0-60 in roughly 4 seconds every time. To me is seems like at full power it should only do it about 5.8 seconds max. Is there a reason for this or is it a bug?
Did you set the gearing to a realistic level, and is the engine torque comparible?
Quote from tristancliffe :Did you set the gearing to a realistic level, and is the engine torque comparible?

Stop talking sense !
#4 - G!NhO
yes they are extremely fast, just look at the XRG it does it in 7 sec with a 1.8l engine
Gearing was left at default. As was torque however even at default theres no way this car should be able to do 4 second 0-60. Without the added weight and restricted horsepower it will probably do 3 seconds. Most Ferrari's have trouble matching that.
#6 - G!NhO
3 seconds is the same as a koenigsegg with 800+ horsepower
Are you sure you've set the speedo to mph?
#8 - pipa
hmm just tested it with the hard track set. Without restrictions about 5 seconds and with your restrictions about 8.5 seconds.

Sounds good to me
Quote from G!NhO :yes they are extremely fast, just look at the XRG it does it in 7 sec with a 1.8l engine

My MX-5 will do 0-62 in something like 8.8 seconds (I know, I tried it with one of those performance meter things once). That's a 1.6. The 1.8 MX-5 is quicker still, and has a better diff to boot. 7 seconds would be easy.

To the OP, it does sound like a units issue. Can you post a replay?
but i think the xrg is heavier
About 100kg heavier, roughly. It also have ~6hp less (quoted figures). But this is where differences in traction (tyre compound), suspension design and gearing come into effect.
but still an alfa 156 1.8l T-spark does it in over 9 sec

i think the cars in lfs are a bit too fast, especcially the xfg with a 1.3l engine. my dads girlfriend has a 1.3 suzuki swift but that thing almost stops at 100kmh
Quote from f4sttr@ck :To me is seems like at full power it should only do it about 5.8 seconds max.

Just tried your setup, and had 7,5s in automatic mode, 7,3 in manual mode (g25 stickshift).

Don´t be too disappointed by your beamer when you got it, but no stock 328 in this world will be able to crack the 7s limit for 0-60mph (0-100km/h).
I drove a E46 328i compact (lighter and shorter than the coupé version, n/a in US afaik) in racing trim (removed 120kg from the car, shorter gearing, racing clutch and diff) and it hardly made it under 6,5s - which was very good already.
I have a E36 328i. It does 0-100kph in 7.2s. So, looking at madmats data, that seems pretty much spot on. It's fast, as in a fast cruizer, for me it's a good family car. it won't blow you away, but you'll have enough power to never get annoyed.
#15 - DC2
Quote from G!NhO :yes they are extremely fast, just look at the XRG it does it in 7 sec with a 1.8l engine

wheres the problem?

my Civic does it in ~7sec with a 1.6l engine
Imo tests like this wont give you an exactly answer which you are waiting for. LFS is not reality, and XRT is not BMW. Yes, you can have some approximate results, but simply restricted xrt with changed gear ratios isnt BMW 328i.

/if you were not comparising with bmw, then i misunderstood and am sorry for this post/
It's a mixture of massive torque from the turbo and the very soft tyres we have in LfS... Those two aspects quickly explain how those times are produced...
Quote from bbman :It's a mixture of massive torque from the turbo and the very soft tyres we have in LfS... Those two aspects quickly explain how those times are produced...

Actually, now that I've tried it I'm pretty sure the OP has used km/h, because there's no way he's at 60mph / 100km/h in 4 seconds. For me it takes a bit over 7 seconds, which sounds much more realistic.
Quote from AndroidXP :Actually, now that I've tried it I'm pretty sure the OP has used km/h, because there's no way he's at 60mph / 100km/h in 4 seconds. For me it takes a bit over 7 seconds, which sounds much more realistic.

I believe ^ is correct.

XRT standard does 0-60mph is around 5seconds without any restrictions on a good start, with locked diff and low tyre pressures, etc.

No way it's going 4 seconds standard.

By the way, 0-60 times in game are pretty realistic of the power/weight ratio of cars involved.
0-60 acceleration time is done by a INSIM addons , LFS server don't calculate this!

So it ****ing impossible to have the REAL time ... this is not good value! and it only a ABOUT ACCELERATION TIME, ABOUT ....

into drive_lfss i did a turn around on this ... but event this, TIME stay a ABOUT ... this is ****ing not the right time!

To have a the closes time display for this! the INSIM application must to a prediction calculation from the ReactiveTime between him and LFS server.

and EVENT with that he will stay with a ABOUT time...

So never base valuable data or thought on Acceleration TIME.
The other day I set the XFG some restrictions to match the power and weight of a Toyota Aygo. I think I did 0-100 kph in about 12 seconds. Later I tried with my mothers Aygo and it was also about 12 seconds. So from my experience it seems pretty realistic to me.

Oh and btw, the topspeed was 170 kph in LFS with ideal cicrumstances, the Aygo did 165 with a little wind, so that can do 170 aswell.
i will add a link to that post i made earlier.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=981376#post981376

cause i think this is a very important point that driver has to know!

It make people think LFS is not constant or deliver not good data! and it completely false! im not claming the data you will see are real life experience!

But LFS deliver quality DATA and is constant .... InSIM addons are not constant.

I will gave another example too...

Insim addons will receive Snapshot at a interval time of what happen into the game after it happen and not during it happen.

After he send that snapshot to the insim application , during the time insim receive information and calculate you already doing something else.

This is a game where COORD of object goes very fast... a ping of 50ms become very big diff and all insim addons has a minimun of 1ms ping and event more since from the insim.txt doc file , minimun recommanded is 50ms interval to update Car Data.

So only LFS Server can Calculate time related data and he the only one to know the ping of each driver who is i think really important to predict what happen into a racing game.

Here is a real life experience i had with using 2 insim addons.

Lapper 5.x , FBM/BL1 at the starting pos doing 0-100Kmh best == 3.0Second , not happen very ofent but seem if some lag i look faster.

Drive_LFSS 0.3a , FBM/BL1 at the starting pos doing 0-100Kmh best ==
3.2Second , same as lapper more lag , i look faster not always but about that.

Drive_LFSS 0.4a , FBM/BL1 at the starting pos doing 0-100Kmh best ==
3.7Second , lag will change almost nothing and reactivetime of the insim is taked into consideration and i will add look much more constant and very hard to get 3.7 and you know when you get it! less surprise then version 0.3a
Well alot of you guys make valid points. First of all. I'm using DFGT with sequential shift. So the stick shift will be a little slower. I'm not using any LFS timer to do this I'm calculating it roughly with the 1 mississippi rule. I was using mph and I have been since day one. And I didnt really expect it to drive like the BMW I'm going to buy i was just trying to get rough estimate. I know the in the sedan trim I'm going to buy does 0-60 in mid 7's-low 8's. I'm going to try this again with a timer and double check all my data to make sure its correct. I will try to put up a video but I dont know much about fraps so I will see what I can do.
Ok after more testing with a timer I did find my times to be off. With my limitations, using a timer I got about 6.8 seconds. Without limitations, 4 seconds. which still seems extremely fast to me.
Even if your watching your speedo is way too fast for road cars. i usually drive xrt and its faster than my e36 m3 so if we are goint to make this game that so realisitic(coz wer doing it!) these things have to be fixed also right?

edit: also the speedfeel is not right for me.

0-60 times.
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG