The online racing simulator
Trailer for the new Star Trek film
(6 posts, started )
Wait, the evil guy from Heroes (Cyler or whotsisname) as Spock? The milf asian guy as Sulu? An Kirk and Uhura in bed? Simon Pegg as Scotty? (remembering the old uniforms, there ought to be a "you got red on you" somewhere, even if it's in the outtakes of the DVD) Almost looks like a spoof.

Still, the trailer is awesome, the first Star Trek production since TNG that I might actually watch.
Heh...after Spiderman, Batman, James Bond, another franchise that is taking the darker more serious ''Which path are you going to chose'' vision...Not to my dislike though!

Looks interesting!
Re-make of an old title: Check.

Marketing budget to match special effects budget: Check.

Characters half the age of the characters in the original: Check.

Screenplay consisting entirely of one-liners, sneering, pouting and explosions: Check.

Wafer-thin characterisations bolstered using equally insubstantial emo back-stories: Check.

God I love Hollywood.
oh, tnit, you don't get it, do you? Of course that's not a deep movie, but a simple mindless action/sci-fi fest. It's all about the expectations you have when you go see it.

Also, I'm really looking to the Aldebaran destruction like disturbance of the force once the trekkies start criticizing it for not being true to the canon. I bet you don't even have to be on the internet to feel that humm

Also, I find it strangely funny to use star wars themed metaphors in trek threads. It almost arouses me.
Quote from ColeusRattus :It's all about the expectations you have when you go see it.

I don't think that expecting the movie to piss me off with its monumental shitness would make it any more enjoyable for me.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG