The online racing simulator
Williams reveal 2009 wing package
(143 posts, started )
Yes, you must be. Honestly, this is just awful; do you realize that the first thing people will do when they first see it is either puke or burst out laughing? It's supposed to be a F1, for peace sake! It supposed to be impressive, the best the technology has to offer, or AT LEAST serious-looking. This is just silly, and I guarantee you for the whole of the 2009 season people will mock it. F1 dies in 2009.
I don't get how someone could dislike the shape enough to be physically sick.

Its a car and if any car makes you sick from the outside then you need to sort your priorities out I guess.

I love squareness on cars, hence why i love a lot of older cars rather than the new curvy shapes of the 21st Century, take the old Audi Quattro for example - The mental group B S1 looks insane, but I don't really take a fancy to the latest audi line of cars.

I also am glad about the guidelines towards aero peices on the main body - the BMW looks really clean on the side view and like a proper race car not just a car with wierd shaped bits coming from all directions.

I can't wait to see what the other manufacturers come up with!
#78 - JJ72
the problem is with the proportion.

it's not a trend or fashion thing, it's just off, it is ugly now and will only be worse when time goes on.

cleaner body is better yes, but that's one step forward ten step back in terms of overall look goes.
Quote from mcintyrej :Am I the only one who thinks it looks great?

Probably lots of people who've misplaced their spectacles agree with you.
I think the sidepods look fine, but wow that BMW looks even uglier than the mammoth.
Quote from mcintyrej :I don't get how someone could dislike the shape enough to be physically sick.

Its a car and if any car makes you sick from the outside then you need to sort your priorities out I guess.

I love squareness on cars, hence why i love a lot of older cars rather than the new curvy shapes of the 21st Century, take the old Audi Quattro for example - The mental group B S1 looks insane, but I don't really take a fancy to the latest audi line of cars.

I also am glad about the guidelines towards aero peices on the main body - the BMW looks really clean on the side view and like a proper race car not just a car with wierd shaped bits coming from all directions.

I can't wait to see what the other manufacturers come up with!

Youn can't come on an intertet forum for a simulation and tell people to 'sort your priorities out I guess.'!!

The old cars looked GREAT coz they were of their time. Created only within limits of the technology available to them. Unshackled! That's what create their beaty.

But these designs come from tighter regulations, and are not of 'our time'. They aren't relevant and frankly are pointless!
That does not look nice, it looks like your f$%kin ma.

...hopefully the racing will make up for it, hopefully.
I actually laughed out loud when I saw that picture on the previous side.
Quote from boosterfire :Yes, you must be. Honestly, this is just awful; do you realize that the first thing people will do when they first see it is either puke or burst out laughing? It's supposed to be a F1, for peace sake! It supposed to be impressive, the best the technology has to offer, or AT LEAST serious-looking. This is just silly, and I guarantee you for the whole of the 2009 season people will mock it. F1 dies in 2009.

I doubt F1 will die next year. :rolleyes:

The cars may not look so good but the racing will probably be a lot better and more interesting to watch. If you would rather look at pretty cars then go to a car show.

The only thing I really want from F1 is for them to bring back the V10's. The V8's sound rubbish in comparison.
Quote from Gills4life :

The only thing I really want from F1 is for them to bring back the V10's. The V8's sound rubbish in comparison.

ah the voice of a comparative youngster, despite the revs of the v10's i personally rate the 3lt 12cyls of the '70s as a nicer sound, especially the matra v12. when ligier stopped using it, jaque laffite had one installed in his living room so he could fire it up and listen to it in the evening whilst drinking a glass of wine, i assume he didn't have any neighbours that lived close.

http://video.google.co.uk/vide ... 12&hl=en-GB&emb=0
#87 - 5haz
The problem is that everything is horribly out of proportion.

<<<<<<<-----Thats the kind of thing we should have when it comes to 'clean bodywork'.

Tbh I wouldnt want all V10s or V8s, I'd like to see V8s V12s V10s V6s so on so forth, but the FIA aren't exactly in to making things diverse, they're trying to build a 'Master Race' or engines to make F1 their 'Lebensraum', persecuting all that is different or good.
Quote from tinvek :ah the voice of a comparative youngster, despite the revs of the v10's i personally rate the 3lt 12cyls of the '70s as a nicer sound, especially the matra v12. when ligier stopped using it, jaque laffite had one installed in his living room so he could fire it up and listen to it in the evening whilst drinking a glass of wine, i assume he didn't have any neighbours that lived close.

http://video.google.co.uk/vide ... 12&hl=en-GB&emb=0

I am actually only comparing the recent v10's to the modern v8's Not to every single engine used in F1. I do know what the different f1 engines sounded like from back in the 60's, 70's and 80's but my favourite sound is the v10 sound from 94/95 seasons. This is probably because I was brought up on the Geoff Crammond GP2 game Just love the sound so much http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v= ... uLXjM&feature=related

Really I just want to hear a better sound coming from the F1 cars of today and imo the v10's certainly delivered a gorgeous sound.
Quote from mcintyrej :Am I the only one who thinks it looks great?

I don't think it looks great, but it doesn't really offend my eyes.

I was a little surprised when i first saw it but, i got over that in no time. As has already been mentioned, some of the F1 cars from the past looked very odd as well.

Who gives a toss what they look like? Is it a fashion parade for cars or is it about the racing?

Stop bloody moaning people! If it produces an exciting season with plenty of overtaking that all that matters.
#90 - 5haz
Quote from The Moose :I don't think it looks great, but it doesn't really offend my eyes.

I was a little surprised when i first saw it but, i got over that in no time. As has already been mentioned, some of the F1 cars from the past looked very odd as well.

Who gives a toss what they look like? Is it a fashion parade for cars or is it about the racing?

Stop bloody moaning people! If it produces an exciting season with plenty of overtaking that all that matters.

But will it?
#91 - JJ72
Quote from 5haz :<<<<<<<-----Thats the kind of thing we should have when it comes to 'clean bodywork'.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

and true ferrari red!
Quote from 5haz :Tbh I wouldnt want all V10s or V8s, I'd like to see V8s V12s V10s V6s so on so forth.

That would be brilliant. A whole variety of sounds on the track. I never see it happening though.

Honda's new front wing

moveable wing component?
#94 - robt
Fixed:
Attached images
115769.jpg
Quote from ATHome :

The more I see that picture the more it grows on me. Kind of looks like a Scorpion.
Lol, looking forward to watch some races with these ugly F1s... It will be like... meh, funny. Seriously, one of the ugliest monoposts ever.
Quote from robt :Fixed:

LOL

Quote from gezmoor :The more I see that picture the more it grows on me. Kind of looks like a Scorpion.

Actually, I kinda agree, with both bits of that
Quote from gezmoor :The more I see that picture the more it grows on me. Kind of looks like a Scorpion.

Or the Cheshire Cat. They should totally draw a huge grin on that front wing and paint the rest of the car purple.
Well let's just hope it's only BMW doing what they know best - remember this?

Williams reveal 2009 wing package
(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG