The online racing simulator
Quote from ajp71 :Just got CoD 5, loving it but completely baffled as to what to do on the sniper mission? It seems the other sniper fires as soon as he appears and always knows exactly where you are.

Just shoot the sniper when he comes out from his hiding place?
Do you know where he is?
just finished brother in arms: hells highway, and I rarely find a game interesting enough that I want to finish it Love every part of it, even better than COD.
Quote from JJ72 :just finished brother in arms: hells highway, and I rarely find a game interesting enough that I want to finish it Love every part of it, even better than COD.

Pffttttt.
But you have played number 4 & 5 right?
Quote from JJ72 :just finished brother in arms: hells highway, and I rarely find a game interesting enough that I want to finish it Love every part of it, even better than COD.

dude BIA is the shittiest game ever........
I have to agree with JJ72. While I didn't enjoy the first two BiA games that much (only the unlockable trivia made me going on), Hells Highway was great.

And concerning CoD: Part 4 was just such a overrated bland game that I won't bother with part 5.
Quote from ColeusRattus :
And concerning CoD: Part 4 was just such a overrated bland game that I won't bother with part 5.

Overrated? :S

It really wasnt overrated. The game was a pure masterpiece. If it was overrated why was it called game of the year?
The storyline was the shit! Its the first game were the storyline nearly got me crying! XD
Its an immense game.

Although cod 5 may be overrated seeing as its litterelly cod 4 with new maps and guns :/
Well, I admit the story was quite good, but the gameplay was just bland. It offered nothing that hadn't been done before. I found especially the prominetly featured "get to location, dozens of enemies spawn, kill them all, go on, rinse, repeat".

Also, the multiplayer was quite awful IMHO, but then, even though I don't care that much in SP, I prefer more realistic MP shooters, like Red Orchestra or Armed Assault.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Well, I admit the story was quite good, but the gameplay was just bland. It offered nothing that hadn't been done before. I found especially the prominetly featured "get to location, dozens of enemies spawn, kill them all, go on, rinse, repeat".

Also, the multiplayer was quite awful IMHO, but then, even though I don't care that much in SP, I prefer more realistic MP shooters, like Red Orchestra or Armed Assault.

Fair enough. Id not played m/any fps games before cod so it was quite amazing to me.

The online i was in love with, seeing as i pawned everyones ass XD

I hate realism, i normally fail at realism :/ Just look at me in lfs XD haha lol.
Quote from Migz :Pffttttt.
But you have played number 4 & 5 right?

yup. the last game I completed was actually COD4.

I can name why I think BIA is better in my opinion:

1.you can hide behind cover and lean out for a shot, more realistic than COD's version standing behind wall with half your body stacking out, BIA reminds me of the days playing rainbow six.

2.in BIA you get one shot and your are dead, realism!

3.squad tactics, love that.

COD4 has quite a compelling storyline and the scripted events are rather epic, level design is more deversed and hey it's not WWII (again), but when I play BIA it is really immersive in a way you don't want to let any of your man die, you are extra extra careful with every order you give, and there're many different ways to tackle a problem, and in authentic mode it's a hoot!

I love both games though, and my only complain of BIA on PC is it won't let you turn off the bloom and depth of view options, besides that there's nothing to complain really, probably the unessecary tank driving part.
Wow, wow, and once again WOW!!!! Just had a quick browse thorugh some C0D5 maps that I havent played yet, and found one with TANKS THAT YOU CAN DRIVE!!!!
Mega fun cruizing round a map encased in steel and letting them have it with some lovely HE

(drool!)

BIA HH had a great story, relly enjoyed it..got to the stage where I wanted to complete the level quick just to watch the cutscenes...more like a movie than a game!
CoD storylines are good too, but not quite as immersive as BIA, but CoD _just_ wins for me because of the multiplayer. (and TANX )
I'm one of the few who didn't really like COD4.

The gameplay in campaign was just utter crap, go to a place, kill thousands of enemies, repeat few times and then it was all over.
MP was crap too, a big mess.

COD5 was better (yes me and my mate played the whole campaign in coop mode already). At least played in coop the campaign was nice few hours of entertainment. Just too short like the COD4 was too.
On of the reasons why I think COD5 is better may be the fact that it is in WW2. I just like it more, I'm a rifleman type of shooter and those modern battles in COD4 are just something I don't enjoy that much.
+Everything from infantry to airplanes in WW2 was more interesting.

The "normal" MP in COD5 is just crap too, a big confusing mess, it just does not "feel" like a real war.

Also these two games seems to follow the fashion what have been up lately with FPS games, a really low FOV. I just don't like it, it makes me feel like I have a bad tunnel vision and cant see around me, everything looks zoomed in.
Valve games like L4D doesn't seem to follow this trend, and I like it.
well war is about going to places and kill dozens of enemy not? lol
Quote from JJ72 :well war is about going to places and kill dozens of enemy not? lol

Yea well the way COD4 showed it is so simple and boring, kinda made me think about those cheap "b-class" games.
Very unrealistic battles etc. Basically you just go shoot some enemies standing face to face them and so on.
I tried a bit of CoD 4 and played the CoD 5 beta. I like both of them a lot.
I also tried ArmA and America's Army. There wasn't much to do in ArmA though and my computer didn't like it too much either so I stopped. I liked America's Army a lot but the thing that made me quit was the gameplay. If you die, you have to wait until the round is over and get only so much action. If you suck like I did, you would get really frustrated with how little action you get.

And I'm guessing that's why so many people play Halo, CoD, or whatever. Most of the games are team deathmatches or free for all so once you die, you can get back into action. It's not reallistic but its really fun.

Also, the more action you get, the more experience too. You are litterally practicing everytime you're in battle. Dying and waiting doesn't give you so much practice and so to get better, you would have to make a long-term commitment to something like America's Army but in CoD, you don't have to. Even just attempting to shoot someone gives you more experience so even if you don't have some crazy amounts of kills, you're still learning.

I'd play CoD non-stop or even America's Army (if it had deathmatch) but right now, I have to deal with a science project featuring LFS and cellphones.
Quote from Scatter :lot's of text

hehe, you pretty much summed up why I hate most FPS in multiplayer: people run around stupidly, spraying bullets all around them because there is no consequence when they die (except +1 on the deathcount)

I find it much more thrilling if you have a certain fear of death, like in Americas Army or ArmA. In the latter one, I used to play with shacktac, a group of military games buffs which made outstanding coop and adversarial missions of a really huge scale (think of 40-50 players). Getting killed in one of those could mean you'd have up to an hour to wait till all was over.

On a sidenote, I don't really like Americas Army neither, but not for it's gameplay, but because of it's ideology and it's weird "everybody is an american" mechanic...
Is anyone else here getting extremely bad server problems on cod5 on the ps3?

After every single game i get "Server connection timed out" and in the middle of alot of games ill just get disconeccted. Its begining to REALLY annoy me.
Quote from Migz :Is anyone else here getting extremely bad server problems on cod5 on the ps3?

After every single game i get "Server connection timed out" and in the middle of alot of games ill just get disconeccted. Its begining to REALLY annoy me.

Main PC servers were down most of yesterday..prolly be XboX tomorrow

Got anuvver new game today..FM09
Quote from Bladerunner :Main PC servers were down most of yesterday..prolly be XboX tomorrow

Got anuvver new game today..FM09

Yeah the servers were down on friday for me. But since ive started playing im just constantly getting disconected after each game.

Btw, dont you just love shooting someone in a tank from close range?

Eughh footbal games XD
Im quite enjoying cod5 atm, much better then cod4 anyway

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG