The online racing simulator
Multiple Monitors in LFS
(6 posts, started )
#1 - grog
Multiple Monitors in LFS
I have seen a few youtube videos around with people playing LFS using multiple monitors. I have read in the unofficial FAQ that multiple monitors is supported in LFS, but i havn't come across how i set it up.

I'm sure it's something simple and i've just missed it, but I cannot for the life of me work out how to set it up.

I would like to have it setup so the side screens show far enough to the sides so i can see cars beside me. Thats my biggest problem in LFS, i cant see whats around me.
#2 - Jakg
How many monitors do you have (i.e. 2 or 3) and how are they setup?
#3 - grog
I have 2 monitors, left one being the main and right one a secondary, i might get another at some stage aswell in the future.
Quote from grog :I have 2 monitors, left one being the main and right one a secondary, i might get another at some stage aswell in the future.

with two displays it should be some what wierd to extend the view i guess..

doesnt it only involve changing to "extend windows to this monitor" in the display tab in windows?
If you extend your desktop so that the start menu is across both monitors, then you should just be able to play using two monitors by selecting a double width resolution (e.g. 3200x1200). Of course the centre of the image will be where the plastic borders are between the screens, which would likely be annoying (unless they are very thin).

For a more driveable solution, have a read up on SoftTH. It can be used in a two monitor setup (although it's not really designed for that) with a reasonable degree of success.

Multiple Monitors in LFS
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG