The online racing simulator
Problems connecting
(5 posts, started )
Problems connecting
Ok im making my own server using dedicated, i used the setup.cfg example and made my own one and saved it,

/host=tbk Light racing league
/pass=xxxxx
/admin=xxxxx
/port=63392
/insim=29999
/mode=demo
/usemaster=yes
/track=BL1
/weather=2
/cars=XFG+XRG+FBM
/maxguests=8
/carsmax=8
/carshost=1
/carsguest=1
/pps=4
/qual=5
/laps=5
/wind=0
/dedicated=nogfx
/vote=yes
/select=no
/rstmin=10
/rstend=200
/autokick=spec
/midrace=no
/mustpit=no
/canreset=no
/cruise=no
/start=finish
/welcome=welcome.txt

and i downloaded the batch file and inputted the information for the setup.cfg.
lfs.exe /cfg=setup.cfg

then when i click on the batch file it says host name already in use?
NOTE: I ran the server before this and used the host name and password to connect and it got to connectiong and said it couldnt connect how come, and why cant i use this host name again?

thanks i need help fast.
Which batch file are you referring to? Afaik the dedicated server doesn't need batch files to run. If you mean lfs.exe by batch file, that's the exe file

If LFS reports the host name is already in use, that really is the case. Duplicate server names aren't allowed because it would be impossible to connect to them. I can only assume that when you ran the server previously, it never closed properly and is still up and running.

I'd suggest you open the Task Manager and close all instances of lfs.exe. After that head over to LFS World and check from the Racers & Hosts list that the server definitely does not show up. If all else fails, change name and port in setup.cfg.

The reason you can't connect to the server is that you'd be connecting to yourself, at which point your router or firewall says no thank you.

I *think* the way around it is as follows:
- add a line to your setup file that says /ip=X.X.X.X :if required - local specified ip address

- Change the x.x.x.x to a valid local address. Try 127.0.0.1 first, and if that doesn't work, use a valid LAN IP address. The latter depends on how your network is set up.

You can find out what your LAN address is by opening the command prompt (Start>Run>cmd.exe) and using the command ipconfig.

Then I believe the idea is to connect to your server as if it were on the LAN (so use that option), and enter the local IP.

If you haven't already, getting intimate with the hosting manual could prove useful:
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Hosting
Now when i run i get this message,

TCP Socket : Bind failed
Could not connect to master server

now whats wrong with it.
BUMB! I need help

Problems connecting
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG