The online racing simulator
Little Big Planet
(38 posts, started )
Little Big Planet
#2 - G!NhO
i am planning to buy it...

it just looks so awesome
There is a thread on this game already...
Is this that free running side scrolling platformer where you can run over anything you choose? If so, looks cool.

I'd buy it but I don't have a PS3.
#5 - Migz
Im thinking about getting it but im worried about it not living up to its expectations :/

can you really near enough create anything? So like if you wanted you could just make a rectangle, then put wheels on it and it would become a car? Then put a rocket on the back and it goes FAST?
Quote from Migz :Im thinking about getting it but im worried about it not living up to its expectations :/

can you really near enough create anything? So like if you wanted you could just make a rectangle, then put wheels on it and it would become a car? Then put a rocket on the back and it goes FAST?

Go on youtube, people have made giant godzilla like creatures controlled by levers, and someone made a stupidly complicated calculator.
I got this last friday. It's loads of fun!

If you have a PS3, this is a must have!
So you stole my thread eh

I'm getting it tomorrow hopefully! But i got in the Killzone 2 Beta! so that's taking my time curently, it's beyond awesome
No thanks, it's for the PS3 only, so imo it's by definition gay.
even though I don't own a PS3, a good friend of mine has one though (him also having a HD projector makes me spend really much time there...), so I toyed around with the thought of getting it. But heck, look at the prize tag: 65 Euros for what's basically a gloryfied Jump&Run Editor with physics? If it were 30 Euros, then yes, but not 65...
I got it, I think its great , my sackboy looks like a ninja
Made 2 levels so far, its so much fun!! Anyone want to play online with me?
I bought it, it's probably the best £37 i've spent on the PS3 tbh
The £3.99 Week 1 tee is tempting, but, f**k, £3.99 for a virtual tee!, i probably won't...

EDIT: Add me on PS3 if you like, my PSN name is in my sig...
Quote from ColeusRattus :even though I don't own a PS3, a good friend of mine has one though (him also having a HD projector makes me spend really much time there...), so I toyed around with the thought of getting it. But heck, look at the prize tag: 65 Euros for what's basically a gloryfied Jump&Run Editor with physics? If it were 30 Euros, then yes, but not 65...

It's not an Editor, it's a Creator, you can basically make anything, it's not just "move that box here, move that box there"...
Which still is a gloryfied editor...

Really, I have no problem with it though, despite the huge pricetag.
Its a fantastic game.

Not without its faults, but I've been having a blast with it since release day. Its great fun with 4 people in the living room, tearing through levels and smacking each other.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Which still is a gloryfied editor...

Really, I have no problem with it though, despite the huge pricetag.

How is it's huge price tag justified on any other console game then? ps3 games pretty much all RRP at £40.
This cost me £37, and is worth every penny. If LBP should cost less, then it's only because every other PS3 title should cost less also.
Lol, at "huge price tag also", it would be "huge" if it were £100, but it's not.
2 hours work in exchange for a game that will provide hours and hours of entertainment is money well spent imo.
Honestly, I think that console games are overpriced. Heck, most PC games which cost 45 - 50 Euros here are overpriced.

But let's not derail the thread.
little big planewt costs 70 euro
I don't get it... it costs exactly the same as any other PS3 game (at least here in switzerland). It's a full game that will entertain you for a long time. People who have it love it... reviewers praise it and call it things like "instant classic" etc.

I don't understand why you guys have to complain...
For most people the pricing is a problem. for me too, I have bought a PS3 together with GTA, I have no other game because when I have to spend 60 euros on a game, I'll be broke for the rest of the month.

And it really is a lot for what it is really, the platinum ones are sold for 30 euros, and some older games you can find in a 3 pack for 10 euros.

30 euros or 40 is a nice price for a game, more than 60 is too much.
Quote from sgt.flippy :For most people the pricing is a problem. for me too, I have bought a PS3 together with GTA, I have no other game because when I have to spend 60 euros on a game, I'll be broke for the rest of the month.

And it really is a lot for what it is really, the platinum ones are sold for 30 euros, and some older games you can find in a 3 pack for 10 euros.

i agree, i only got 3 games for my ps3 and i got it almost a year now
And what does this have to do with this game in particular? As i said... it's not like this one does cost more than any other games. I still don't see the problem regarding this game... if you think games are too expensive, that's a different story.
yeah its a great game but i dont know when i am gonna buy it
Quote from sgt.flippy :For most people the pricing is a problem. for me too, I have bought a PS3 together with GTA, I have no other game because when I have to spend 60 euros on a game, I'll be broke for the rest of the month.

Yeah, prices for games and stuff are just a huge joke. Have you tried some online retailers though? Not sure about in your country (but I think you can use them to order them from EU countries), most of the newer games are a good £5-10 under RRP price on www.play.com.
Quote from jibber :And what does this have to do with this game in particular? As i said... it's not like this one does cost more than any other games. I still don't see the problem regarding this game... if you think games are too expensive, that's a different story.

Well, it's because from what I've seen, it's nit much moe than an editor/physics thing to play around with in a 2d sidescrolling environment. So while it may be fun to play around for a while, it doesn't seem to go deep enough to justify a full price tag.
I feel about LBP the same way I feel about Spore: nifty tools to be creative, but nothing I'd spend that much money on.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Well, it's because from what I've seen, it's nit much moe than an editor/physics thing to play around with in a 2d sidescrolling environment. So while it may be fun to play around for a while, it doesn't seem to go deep enough to justify a full price tag.
I feel about LBP the same way I feel about Spore: nifty tools to be creative, but nothing I'd spend that much money on.

Umm, what is a shooter? You go around levels shooting people, what is an adventure, you go around jumping against walls and killing enemies, a football, shooting ball with 20 other players... you see my point? Here, you can make basically anything within the 2.5d enviroment, you know, slap a face of your brother/sister/friend on some your-made monster, have it chasing you while trowing tennis balls against you... If any game is worth that price tag it's this one, for it's utterly unique design and idea..

Little Big Planet
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG