The online racing simulator
BBC F1 Commentary Team!?
(165 posts, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :Shame about Tottenham aye? We were unbeaten

Gutted really. But if you don't take your chances that's what happens.

Lets hope we can get back on track tonight in the CL.

This really isn't the thread for this discussion though
Quote from The Moose :Gutted really. But if you don't take your chances that's what happens.

Lets hope we can get back on track tonight in the CL.

This really isn't the thread for this discussion though

I was just in a threadjacker mood, seems like you got sense tho lad, good on ya!
#78 - JCTK
Quote from Intrepid :LOL Imagine if Murray was commentating on that race.

I would be VERY worried that he would have had a heart attack when Vettel passed Hamilton~?
I nearly had one myself~ lol
Moose, my nails are short as hell now cause of Athletico.
Quote from Rdcranno :Moose, my nails are short as hell now cause of Athletico.

Just be glad you weren't in the room when we got the penalty, i went crazy!

Edit : Before he'd even scored it, cos i knew he would.
Quote from BlueFlame : seems like you got sense tho lad, good on ya!

Lad? LAD?

I'm old enough to be your Dad young man!

Maybe someone should start a Footy thread in the OT section? I feel this season could be very interesting. (especially for us 'Pool fans)
#82 - JJ72
shhhhhhh don't say it, the moment you acknowledge liverpool is having a good season it will start turning into shit.
Quote from JJ72 :shhhhhhh don't say it, the moment you acknowledge liverpool is having a good season it will start turning into shit.

More Liverpool supporters? JJ72? @Moose Lad is scouse, lad :P
Quote from BlueFlame : @Moose Lad is scouse, lad :P

bah , of course. I've spent too long down yer in the westcounty.

Thanks for putting me straight you scally.
I was hoping Ben Edwards could do it
How about you yobs stay on-topic?

So is the BBC lineup confirmed, or just rumored? What's the most current supposed lineup? Brundle and Coulthard in the box? I heard maybe that hot chick who did GP2 coverage? What's her name?
My dream team:

In the Box - Toby Moody (Eurosport MotoGP commentator) & Martin Brundle (natch - do people still say natch?)

In the Pits - DC (as he knows exactly what is going on down there)

Presenting - Anyone, don't care as I only turn on during Marty's gridwalk and miss all the tedious "lifestyle" reports ("at home with the Hamiltons" etc)
Mine is

In the commentary box : Unsure, probably Ben Edwards or the bloke that does most of Motorsport Mundial's stuff (Chris Shaw?) and Martin Brundle (obvious choice).
In the pits : Ted Kravitz and Lee McKenzie.
Presenting : Jake Humphry (lined up to do it anyway).
Studio analysis : DC.
Free practice : Use the Five Live Sports Extra commentary, Maurice Hamilton is great for FP but not races.

It's unknown if they will do the ITV job of loitering outside the McLaren garages, set up a portastudio at the track or do the studio bits from London. I'd rather the middle option, set up at an appropriate location depending on the venue. ITV's style was basically Steve shouting over an MP4-23, and who would win that one is a foregone conclusion. Doing it from London ... well it doesn't really work for some reason although Bernievision did it.

I wonder how much buildup they will do, ITV's one hour was a bit OTT, it was full of garbage, competitions and lifestyle features. The thought of an F1-based programme like Football Focus would be quite good, who knows if it would happen or not.

Lateralus : Charlie Webster's reign of terror annoying the whole UK (plus part of the US too I guess) with questions that a four year old chimp coked up to its eyeballs could produce has been ended ... she's now just doing Look East.
Going back to what lateralus said, Has anyone got any current information as to what the team is looking like? I would imagine that we should get an announcement sometime soon...
Quote from Storm_Cloud :My dream team:

In the Box - Toby Moody (Eurosport MotoGP commentator) & Martin Brundle (natch - do people still say natch?)

In the Pits - DC (as he knows exactly what is going on down there)

Presenting - Anyone, don't care as I only turn on during Marty's gridwalk and miss all the tedious "lifestyle" reports ("at home with the Hamiltons" etc)

you seriously think they'd have someone like Coulthard in the pitlane? I think you watch too much Motogp. I've only ever heard Toby Moody commentate FOR moto GP nothing else. Not like Jack Barnicle who commentates alot of different motorcycle racing.
Quote from RockBottomWalsh :Going back to what lateralus said, Has anyone got any current information as to what the team is looking like? I would imagine that we should get an announcement sometime soon...

Read the first post... jeez
how are any of these dream teams without martin haven in them?
Its been confirmed on Top Gear last night that he wont be doing it cos he has no interest in F1
Quote from BlueFlame :Read the first post... jeez

The first post is unconfirmed and also from quite a while ago. I Was asking if there had been any more information in the interim.
#96 - wild
So when will the BBC start up their website and ITV take theirs down? I can't stand ITV's current shuffling one; I hope the BBC manage something better.
Looks like pretty much the whole line-up is confirmed now...

Quote :David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan have joined the BBC as part of next year's presentation team in Formula One.

Coulthard, who retired as a race driver at the end of the 2008 season, will join former team boss Jordan as a pundit alongside anchor Jake Humphrey.

Jonathan Legard moves from 5 Live to commentate with ex-F1 driver and award-winning broadcaster Martin Brundle.

And veteran commentator Murray Walker will return to the BBC as a regular presence on the Sport website.

The 84-year-old, who became a household name during five decades of F1 commentary for the BBC, will be offering his expert insight and perspective on the action and interacting with F1 fans through an online Q&A forum.

The pit-lane reporters will be Ted Kravitz and Lee McKenzie.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/7745347.stm

They even got Murray back doing something
is it really safe to have coulthard and eddie jordan as pundits saying what they think?

BBC F1 Commentary Team!?
(165 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG