The online racing simulator
my HOST is not in the Master Lfs Server list ??
hi, i have a dedicated server started on linux, and the server is not showing into the server list, after i join the server in Multuplayer -> Join Specific Game, (after one player is connected) the server is showing into the master list. Is it possible the server to be listed when there are 0 players online??
You have probably set it to not show empty servers, in the server list
yes that was the problem, thx..
Hijacking this convinient thread with the same problem now...

When I run a server (and lfs on an another computer in the next room) behind a NAT, I can't see my own server in the main server list. I also can't use the 'join specific host' if I try and do it with the server name thru master server (but it works if I simply choose 'lan' instead of internet). The server works fine so that's no issue, I'm just curious.

Which nob have I pressed wrong?
Quote from hyntty :Hijacking this convinient thread with the same problem now...

When I run a server (and lfs on an another computer in the next room) behind a NAT, I can't see my own server in the main server list. I also can't use the 'join specific host' if I try and do it with the server name thru master server (but it works if I simply choose 'lan' instead of internet). The server works fine so that's no issue, I'm just curious.

Which nob have I pressed wrong?

If it is visible in LFS World Desktop and other can see it / connect to it, you have done nothing wrong, but it might be your router/firewall that doesn't allow traffic to exit and enter the same interface.
#7 - SamH
Quote from hyntty :Which nob have I pressed wrong?

You haven't. That's normal. You can only join games that are on your LAN by using the join LAN game option. If your router is correctly configured to allow traffic, others may be able to see it via the master server list but you won't see it there because as far as your computer is concerned it's a LAN game.
If that's the case then I'm just confused why such a feature exists and how teh crap lfs knows I'm in the same LAN.
Quote from hyntty :If that's the case then I'm just confused why such a feature exists and how teh crap lfs knows I'm in the same LAN.

It's not an LFS thing. It's a network thing.
Quote from SamH :You haven't. That's normal. You can only join games that are on your LAN by using the join LAN game option. If your router is correctly configured to allow traffic, others may be able to see it via the master server list but you won't see it there because as far as your computer is concerned it's a LAN game.

Eh, hate to tell ya but thats not correct. I host a server and I can connect to it fine any way I want to. Server browser, join specific, Internet, and/or LAN.
Quote from 88Reasons :Eh, hate to tell ya but thats not correct.

Meh, I hate to tell you this, but it highly depends on the equipment you've got and how it deals with networking internally.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG