The online racing simulator
New class: GFR
(28 posts, started )
#1 - SamH

The new GFR class provides Silver licenced racers with their own GTR class in the Race3 server, with full race class result stats.

The GT2 class is now Gold+ Licence and GTR class remains Platinum+.
#2 - J@tko
Now it looks better.
Thats great Sam, the revival of the ngt
I saw this today ,
Hmm, I've been thinking about joining the Race 3 server recently. Maybe this is the time to do so. I think I'd prefer the GFR cars then, though, instead of the GT2's. Either way, great decision to make GT2 restricted to Gold+
Nice change, except the GFRs don't seem to be getting any points.
Are there any point restrictions for the upper license holders when driving GFR? (because I'll preferably choose GFR instead of GTR)
#9 - SamH
There is a licence differential, yeah.. so you earn less points if you're Platinum driving a Silver licence car than if you were Silver yourself. That happens with all CTRA classes though.
Seems like a good idea to boost the use of these rolling things...
By the way you should update the CTRA page bit describing race 3:

"Race 3 is a fast and furious server, but don't be put off. Standards are exceptional in this server, most particularly in the GTRs. GT2-Class and GTR-Class cars are the domain of Silver and Platinum licences respectively."
#11 - SamH
Oops! You're right! I'll get that fixed now
Shouldn't you also update this page with the GFR specs? Or maybe I just don't understand what the GFR is supposed to be
#13 - SamH
Quote from AndroidXP :Shouldn't you also update this page with the GFR specs? Or maybe I just don't understand what the GFR is supposed to be

I need to remove them from the GT2 specs, yep.. but having no restrictions of their own, they don't need adding there as GFR
I jumped in a started racing on Race 3 in GFR class Sunday afternoon and I must say it is a lot fun. Coming from Race 1 this a big step up. I really admire how clean and respectful the other drivers are compared to Race 1. I did however late brake turn one on AS2 and was going run into a couple of drivers, so I just let off the brake and went for the ditch as to clear their path. I normally use right foot braking, but since there doesn't seem much sense using a clutch with the xfr I opted for left footing it. Kinda confused my feet. Sorry J@tko. You were one of the guys I nearly took out.

Anyways. Good fun and thanks for the addition.
Quote from jbirdaspec :Sorry J@tko. You were one of the guys I nearly took out.

No worries mate.

The GT2 cars can be a big issue though.

Please guys, remember:
  • We're not slower than you in a straight line. At all.
  • We haz tiny brakes and no downforce, therefore we slow down much slower than you - don't come into a corner right behind us!!!!
And Sam, thanks for this - this class is sooo fun And I don't suck that badly, so I get loads of points too
I tried it, I'm dead slow, but I still get loads of points...
Something wrong with points on Race 3?
It seems that it takes in account all cars on the server even if only 2 cars compete in each class, so everyone ends up with 20-120 points...
I did a race yesterday with a XRR-GT2 and poor set, 4 seconds off WR pace, and still got something like 25 points for it - 3rd place 30 seconds behind leader and last of the class if I remember well. That is way overrated
Is there a way to get it less rewarding? Or am I alone here thinking licences should be earnt, not given?
Honestly I should have received 0-5 points for this race... closer to 0.
@ J@tko you are right, I spent ages passing this XFR - very close indeed except braking and fast curves.
#17 - SamH
I've looked over the points allocation for the GFR and it was definitely a bit on the generous side. I've wound it back a little now. At the moment, the number of cars competing is indeed being calculated irrespective of car class, and that's something for us to look closely at. Other than Race3, where I suspect the cars per class question may be having a disproportionately or inappropriately positive influence on the allocation of points, points awards in CTRA are all lower than this time last year, statistically, despite the notable reduction in the number of yellow flags being thrown overall.
Quote from SamH :I've looked over the points allocation for the GFR and it was definitely a bit on the generous side. I've wound it back a little now. At the moment, the number of cars competing is indeed being calculated irrespective of car class, and that's something for us to look closely at. Other than Race3, where I suspect the cars per class question may be having a disproportionately or inappropriately positive influence on the allocation of points, points awards in CTRA are all lower than this time last year, statistically, despite the notable reduction in the number of yellow flags being thrown overall.

Sad though I am, tis a good decision. A got 110 points for winning my class with about 10 racers on the server. And that was me, so a very slow race

I could see top people getting 150 points on a full server from one race

So good move Sam
I so want to race the gtr cars ;D but im still on bronze.. Have to get silver quicker now because of this class
Drive the XRG in Race 1. After I started driving that car, my points came faster.

Quote from evilgenius :I so want to race the gtr cars ;D but im still on bronze.. Have to get silver quicker now because of this class

I've noticed this thread only yesterday, and I must say I became interested immideatly. I didn't liked Race 3 server before that change because I don't like restricted GTR cars, and prefer sGTR, but Gt2 cars were much faster, so I couldn't have good racing on Race 3, until now. Spent a few hours racing UFR there yesterday, great job, CTRA. Keep the standard high
#22 - VoiD
Quote from J@tko :[*]We're not slower than you in a straight line. At all.

[*]We haz tiny brakes and no downforce, therefore we slow down much slower than you - don't come into a corner right behind us!!!!

Can we have this quote as a "sticky" when connecting to #3-server..?

Simply because they (GTx backmarker-wannabe´s) braked with my poor GFR-a** nearly every single race...

Oh, and please add the thinner GFR-tyres to that quote..!

EDIT:
It's a case of Hobson's choice. I´ll report every single infraction. I'm fed up with it. This has to stop now!
Dunno if that will help much.

Even after reading this thread. I went to Race 3 and took myself out while driving behind a GFR. When coming to the braking zone I was thinking "OK, he's going to brake early so I bette... Crap he's braking THAT early!" Locked my tyres and off I went. Luckily missing the GFR.

What propably makes it even more confusing is that the difference between GTR and GT2 is quite the opposite. GT2 is slower in a straight line but just as fast in the corners.
Yep, thats racing multiclass style =)
Quote from evilgenius :I so want to race the gtr cars ;D but im still on bronze.. Have to get silver quicker now because of this class

Still most people do not know Baby-Ufr server is open for coppers too

So there is no reason to spec with up to 10 people in race 1 while they

could have great fun with a nice little race car, good tyres and brakes at

least Thought for a couple of times if it is may be a good idea to show a

message to all when connecting to race 1

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG