The online racing simulator
Can F1 make a online live map?
(9 posts, started )
we always see the TV display the map of the track, & the location of some driver, is it possible to make it a live display system by flash like live timing?
It would be possible but very difficult to do with bandwidth and refresh rate.
#3 - JJ72
hm.....really? how much of bandwidth is needed compare with streaming a movie?
Quote from duke_toaster :It would be possible but very difficult to do with bandwidth and refresh rate.

I don't think it need more bandwidth than LFS remote
I think the teams already have something similar on the pitwall so it shouldnt be too difficult to extend that service to the public if there is a bit of effort put into it.
can anyone send a suggest letter to FIA?
#7 - amp88
This would be a good addition to the live timing they already provide. I don't see any real complications involved as they already provide us with selected views of this at the moment.

This thread reminded me of the 1980 Argentinia GP. They had some older technology back then
Quote from amp88 :
This thread reminded me of the 1980 Argentinia GP. They had some older technology back then

Wow - that ball driver really didn't have a clue...
I'm sure F1 could do it. Nascar has it, even better than a track map actually, they have a whole 3D model of the track that is updated in real time.

http://www.nascar.com/trackpass/about/raceview/

You can listen to the driver's radios too. I don't pay for it but it does look really nice.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG